Hurricane Irma General: Potential NFL Impacts (Updated!)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you usually have a fairly good idea, but I'm not gambling that 10% that a strom like Irma is going to cooperate. I've seen some odd, unexpected turns, speeding up, slowing down, etc. and I'm not messing with any Cat 4-5 storms! (Not too crazy about a 3 either, 1's and 2's we hunkered down just fine.) It's too hard to get out at the last minute.

Much like Harvey intensified at the last minute before land fall.

These storms do unpredictable things. Depending on track wife and i are talking about getting a generator.

It would be different if it was an inland track hitting sat the nc/SC line and move inland. The track isn't doing that.

If it goes much of the length of Florida and goes ashore it will he a borderline TS^hurticane that runs parallel with voadt. Charlotte gets rain but not enough to cause a site cgamge.

If this goes into the gulf then more land to weaken it and it's jut a rain event like friday/saturday with harvey. Sure some area will flood but not enough t cause a game to be postponed.

Not picking on you at all, but the CNN weather guy just said two separate projections have it crossing FL, back to the Atlantic and following a path just like Hugo. I'm NOT saying that will happen, just pointing out we don't know and that's a very nasty storm!

This is terrible for the stinkin' fish. They'll be playing 16 straight and will surely complain about it all year.

Especially with a QB like Cutler, if things start spiraling out of control,pun intended, they don't have a crucial bye week to Right the ship.

And we will be their 14th and 16th Straight game! Advantages I tell ya

That system is looking like it is just going to be a fish storm as this time

Watching closely, will make my decision Friday at the latest to roll out.

good luck and be smart...hate to see you get caught in traffic on way out....my niece in Ft Myers....worried about her

they really couldn't have found a neutral site? Bucs and Dolphins won't get a bye week....16 straight weeks of football. Man that sucks.

Agreed. Very surprising this was the best the league could do. As a Bills fan, I am not complaining. But, seriously, the fish & Bucs are getting screwed.

Especially with a QB like Cutler, if things start spiraling out of control,pun intended, they don't have a crucial bye week to Right the ship.

And we will be their 14th and 16th Straight game! Advantages I tell ya

Too bad we will be 2-12 by then.

Screwed how? The NFL didn't create the hurricanes.

Not necessarily saying the NFL is doing the screwing. I am guessing the teams had a big say in this. The bottom-line is that both teams now have a major disadvantage.

Not necessarily saying the NFL is doing the screwing. I am guessing the teams had a big say in this. The bottom-line is that both teams now have a major disadvantage.

It's part of life. You make the most of what you are dealt. That is what they are doing here. Every team will face some kind of setback at some point this season. Usually it is due to injuries. Sometimes it is due to more rare things. I would rather deal with not having a week off than deal with a key player getting injured. Doesn't seem like it is that big of a deal. Some disadvantage exists perhaps - not that big of one in my opinion.