Step right up. Don't be afraid! Go on record right here!

Beast

Which one has lead TWO different teams to the playoffs, and what one is still "developing" in his 7th year? Checkmate. /endthread

ANNND which QB was widely considered a bust? Which QB has been able to ride excellent defensive play along with a HoF running back and high YAC recievers.

Thank you, you did end the thread. You proved my point. It turns out, when you surround a mediocre QB with tools like the Chiefs had and the Harbaugh Niners had, you get repeat playoff appearances.

I'll be watching with great interest how the Chiefs look without Maclin, Ware, Hali and Charles.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAJbobby said this up above somewhere: "This regime hasn't even played a meaningful game of football and people are burying hem."

I porpose that this is one of the most flexible sentences ever posted on The Stadium Wall since it applies at any point over the past seventeen years!

I never said that but thanks

11-5

defense will be much better, 4-3 with no ryan bros

offense will revert back to what Tyrod does well and becomes similar to last year

preseason was experimenting/training and it was obvious that tyrod is not built for it

if they keep the square plug round hole offense we are 5-11

better kicker

better game management

Future yes, At least Beane will have great sucsess he is looks to be incredibly smart and a great team builder. I havent paid attention enought to how McDermott calls and coaches to see if he's good enough for us to do damage in the now. I think this year will be a dud but 2018- multiple playoff berths - fingers crossed

NVM... Cutting away promising young players is the exact opposite.. It will be a miracle if the duo is together in 3 years

11-5

defense will be much better, 4-3 with no ryan bros

offense will revert back to what Tyrod does well and becomes similar to last year

preseason was experimenting/training and it was obvious that tyrod is not built for it

if they keep the square plug round hole offense we are 5-11

better kicker

better game management

11-5 this a playoff team, lol

I'm not saying that house cleaning isn't an acceptable method of a rebuild, but doing so while getting rid of our better younger players is disheartening. I don't have much faith in these guys right now. That may change once we get through FA and the draft in 2018, but for now this seems like two dumb*sses in a boat rowing in opposite directions.

6-10.

I was at 7-9 or maybe even 8-8, but with the QB situation so up in air (who knows whether Taylor will be any good, and even if he is, one bad hit and he could be down with another headache) and with the receiving corps a real question mark, I don't see a lot of wins.

I hope Beane and McD know what they're doing.

Personally, I don't believe it's an all or nothing deal. I'm not sure that many Bills fans think the McBeane combo has no chance of succeeding. However, their moves to date have given reason to have a healthy dose of skepticism. It's disconcerting that they seem to feel that the previous regime left them with no useful talent. I'd bet a sizable portion of Bills fans thought the overall talent level the last few years was greatly improved, just a few players away from winning. Maybe just a QB away. They have reduced the young talent on the roster, and extended an aging vet who's best years are in the past. It's a bit schizophrenic. I would be more likely to be intrigued if a proven, championship winning NFL GM came in and began a purge. It would speak volumes. I think these guys are limiting their chance of a successful rebuild in 4-5 seasons that they are likely to be given. It seems their egos will only let them use talent that they draft or acquire( or are stuck with for awhile such as Dareus) . I'll go on record and say that if they score an elite QB and absolutely knock the draft out of the park in '17, 18, and 19 they will still be here in five years. Anything less and the drought will have hit mind numbing persistence , leading to their exit. They haven't left themselves any other way to success.

So let's see if I have this.

1) obtain elite QB

2) have great drafts 3 consecutive years

This is cutting edge stuff. Could this be their plan??

Oh, it's been 17 years already. Numb is numb.

Mcdermott is a liar and a phony. Brandon Beane doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Rinse wash repeat, three years from. Maybe the Pegulas planned this so they can move the team. I wouldn't put it past them.

get in your jammies

1) obtain elite QB

get in your jammies

I've been in my one piece since 5pm.

1) obtain elite QB

It's not meant to be " cutting edge stuff". It's just stating the fact that they have left themselves no other way to produce a winner. No holdover talent from the previous regime. When you purge the roster completely of younger players, then you must hit on nearly all of your draft picks for several years. The odds of that happening are not great. If that is your " plan" , it's pie-in- the- sky type stuff.

It's not meant to be " cutting edge stuff". It's just stating the fact that they have left themselves no other way to produce a winner. No holdover talent from the previous regime. When you purge the roster completely of younger players, then you must hit on nearly all of your draft picks for several years. The odds of that happening are not great. If that is your " plan" , it's pie-in- the- sky type stuff.

I'd settle for the franchise (elite) QB.

Makes the rest so much easier.