In the interest of full disclosure

RaoulDuke79

I've only been over here for a little while now, so please take this all in stride.

When the bbmb shutdown obviously there was an influx of posters looking for other alternatives and some if not most came here. As with any group of people there are good and bad.

I made an effort to bounce around to different threads to get a good feel for this place, and overall I'd say it's a much better forum than bbmb. People can speak their minds in a respectable manner and the rules are a bit less stringent which leads to more colorful discussion.

With all that being said, there are some serious dopes on here too and based on their post counts, they have been here for awhile.

So I guess what im trying to say after all of the rambling is that I appreciate this place and the moderators for giving us refugees a place to speak. Given a population of people there are always going to be a certain percentage of dopes with some being new and some being long time members......GO BILLS

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Ha...from what I gathered thus far he's a good contributor. Speaks his mind but has facts and intelligence to back up his opinions....aka he's not on the schit list.

Giving him compliments is the last thing we needed, man!

Kidding. Welcome. There's actually quite a few of the BBMB guys who are very good posters with great senses of humor.

Once the regular season hits, the Mods will tighten things up even more. This is a great place.

There is good and bad everywhere. Some places have more of one and less of the other. ;)

Honestly, the first I ever knew of BBMB was when there was a comment here that it had shut down. I had no idea what a cataclysmic event this was and was shocked by the influx of new people. Most are good to great, then there are the others...most of whom washed out quickly. All hail the Mods! :beer:

my thoughts exactly!

BTW, taking my first stab and home cured/smoked pastrami bacon , should have it ready for the opener! Being it does not suck

Making pastrami is a wonderful thing! Good luck!

Admit it, you enjoy being eyed like a piece of meat!

At my age I enjoy being eyed as anything.

pork Bacon with pastrami spices...sounds interesting..but using Costco belly for first stab at this, butcher tried to get me to buy Duroc belly at $10.99lb , not worth a $50 experiment LOL

I'm smoking pork butt tomorrow.....I think. I have my smoking and charcuterie books out now. Hmmmm sausages for the opener anyone?

I've only been over here for a little while now, so please take this all in stride.

When the bbmb shutdown obviously there was an influx of posters looking for other alternatives and some if not most came here. As with any group of people there are good and bad.

I made an effort to bounce around to different threads to get a good feel for this place, and overall I'd say it's a much better forum than bbmb. People can speak their minds in a respectable manner and the rules are a bit less stringent which leads to more colorful discussion.

With all that being said, there are some serious dopes on here too and based on their post counts, they have been here for awhile.

So I guess what im trying to say after all of the rambling is that I appreciate this place and the moderators for giving us refugees a place to speak. Given a population of people there are always going to be a certain percentage of dopes with some being new and some being long time members......GO BILLS

tbd members will always complain about bbmb members, they're above all. the thing I've noticed is this place had/has it's fair share of nimrods that were here before the influx of past bbmb members. you made the point and I totally agree, there are good and bad from both boards. deal with it

tbd members will always complain about bbmb members, they're above all. the thing I've noticed is this place had/has it's fair share of nimrods that were here before the influx of past bbmb members. you made the point and I totally agree, there are good and bad from both boards. deal with it

Nimrods huh? Maybe we don't want you to deal with it.

We should have had a vertting process when the other board shut down.

Nimrods huh? Maybe we don't want you to deal with it.

We should have had a vertting process when the other board shut down.

What vetting process was used to screen users before the BBMB shut down? Or wasn't it necessary because all the "original" members of 2BD are perfect?

One thing that surprised me about 2BD is that there's no minimum post requirement before starting a thread. You could eliminate a lot of bad threads by only allowing threads to be created by members with a certain number of posts.

What vetting process was used to screen users before the BBMB shut down? Or wasn't it necessary because all the "original" members of 2BD are perfect?

One thing that surprised me about 2BD is that there's no minimum post requirement before starting a thread. You could eliminate a lot of bad threads by only allowing threads to be created by members with a certain number of posts.

Some would be eliminated.

But there are users with 39,576 posts who still start stupid threads and say stupid things.

Some would be eliminated.

But there are users with 39,576 posts who still start stupid threads and say stupid things.

True, and with that many posts I'm guessing they aren't "BBMB refugees." Which goes back to what I implied in my first statement: just because someone has been here for a long time doesn't make them inherently better than someone who joined a few months ago.

Ha...from what I gathered thus far he's a good contributor. Speaks his mind but has facts and intelligence to back up his opinions....aka he's not on the schit list.

[This is an automated response.]

1icr79.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.11.

poor fella. maybe you should of.

We should have started by banning morons who don't know the difference between "have" and "of."