2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

How many processes do I have to trust now? Don't trade away all of the talented posters, I beg of you.

You can have whatever number of bloody processes you want. The only condition is that your outcome matches my outcome in the first round from a position standpoint. No poster, talented or not, is going to be traded away. That is not to say that they can't be hounded and brutalized into conforming. :D

This Mock draft was focusing on building depth on defense, and fixing the offense.

22: R1P22

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
32: R1P32
G MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA
54: R2P22
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
58: R2P26
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
86: R3P22
S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD
95: R3P31
LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA
124: R4P22
CB CARLTON DAVIS
AUBURN
160: R5P22
DL KENDRICK NORTON
MIAMI
Thoughts?

Andrews is a ridiculously talented beast of an athlete. Great draft.

The more I see the more I think this will be an embarassment of riches if we don't whiff on too many in the first three rounds.

OMG yes this would be great. Royce Freeman would be the delicious icing on the cake. He is LEGIT.

Freeman is going to be a very good pro, but he's taken (and dished out) a lot of punishment at U of O.

Edited by mannc

That's all part of the business. Draft their replacements and sign what you can.

This

This one was interesting, looks like Falk is falling after one loss. SMH.

1: R1P25
G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
2: R1P30
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
3: R2P25
LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA
4: R2P26
S MARCUS ALLEN
PENN STATE
5: R3P25
DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL
AUBURN
6: R3P32
QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE
7: R4P25
OT CASEY TUCKER
STANFORD
8: R5P25
C COLEMAN SHELTON
WASHINGTON

This

This one was interesting, looks like Falk is falling after one loss. SMH.

1: R1P25

G QUENTON NELSON

NOTRE DAME

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK

TEXAS A&M

3: R2P25

LB ROQUON SMITH

GEORGIA

S MARCUS ALLEN

PENN STATE

5: R3P25

DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL

AUBURN

6: R3P32

QB LUKE FALK

WASHINGTON STATE

7: R4P25

OT CASEY TUCKER

STANFORD

8: R5P25

C COLEMAN SHELTON

WASHINGTON

Falk is falling because he hasnt played very well, and teams are starting to think hes just another air raid QB, like Jeff Tuel. Not saying he is, but its not hard to put up big numbers in that offense.

USA Today just posted one. Bills picks are as follows:

1-Roquan Smith - LB, Georgia

1-Dre'Mont Jones -Dl, Ohio State

2-Anthony Averett - CB, Alabama

2- Ryan Finley - QB, NC State (Curious to me, because he's been arrested. Would McBeane go for that?)

2- Anthony Miller -WR, Memphis (Somehow we get 3 seconds)

3-Mark Walton -RB, Miami (Florida)

3-Duke Ejiofor - EDGE, Wake Forest

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/01/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-3-round-projections-after-trade-deadline/

I would be OK with this draft, depending on how TT finishes out. I can't say I've seen much on Finley.

USA Today just posted one. Bills picks are as follows:

1-Roquan Smith - LB, Georgia

1-Dre'Mont Jones -Dl, Ohio State

2-Anthony Averett - CB, Alabama

2- Ryan Finley - QB, NC State (Curious to me, because he's been arrested. Would McBeane go for that?)

2- Anthony Miller -WR, Memphis (Somehow we get 3 seconds)

3-Mark Walton -RB, Miami (Florida)

3-Duke Ejiofor - EDGE, Wake Forest

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/01/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-3-round-projections-after-trade-deadline/

I would be OK with this draft, depending on how TT finishes out. I can't say I've seen much on Finley.

They must have put this together before the Benjamin trade. I don't know anything about most of these guys yet but I think the arrest would need to be looked at closely through McBeane eyes.

They must have put this together before the Benjamin trade. I don't know anything about most of these guys yet but I think the arrest would need to be looked at closely through McBeane eyes.

It looks like he fled some police when he was caught drinking illegally (he's only 20) and was charged with fleeing arrest and alcohol possession. Not horrible but not a good look either.

PFF Mock Draft: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2018-nfl-mock-draft-1

14. BUFFALO BILLS WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama

Ridley may never put up huge numbers is Alabama’s run-heavy system, but his speed is evident on tape and he can be a downfield weapon at the next level. Buffalo has a receiving corps to overhaul and adding Ridley is a good place to start.

28. BUFFALO BILLS (FROM KANSAS CITY CHIEFS) Edge Marcus Davenport, UTSA

1709-Davenport-PRP.jpg

Perhaps a surprise name, but Davenport has great size at 6-foot-7, 255-pounds and he knows how to use it. After two productive years in 2015 and 2016, Davenport is currently No. 5 among edge rushers with an 89.6 overall grade and he’s second in the nation with a pass-rush productivity of 18.4 (eight sacks, five QB hits, 24 hurries on 162 rushes). The Bills add depth up front with Davenport.

PFF Mock Draft: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2018-nfl-mock-draft-1

14. BUFFALO BILLS WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama

Ridley may never put up huge numbers is Alabama’s run-heavy system, but his speed is evident on tape and he can be a downfield weapon at the next level. Buffalo has a receiving corps to overhaul and adding Ridley is a good place to start.

28. BUFFALO BILLS (FROM KANSAS CITY CHIEFS) Edge Marcus Davenport, UTSA

1709-Davenport-PRP.jpg

Perhaps a surprise name, but Davenport has great size at 6-foot-7, 255-pounds and he knows how to use it. After two productive years in 2015 and 2016, Davenport is currently No. 5 among edge rushers with an 89.6 overall grade and he’s second in the nation with a pass-rush productivity of 18.4 (eight sacks, five QB hits, 24 hurries on 162 rushes). The Bills add depth up front with Davenport.

Im wondering why they think we will end up about 8-8

@NFL_CFB

With blazing speed and plenty of resilience, Calvin Ridley could be the next great @NFL WR from @AlabamaFTBL. http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/calvin-ridley/calvin-ridley
DNoowkTXUAAc_sK.jpg
10:43 AM - 2 Nov 2017

I can see Ridley being really tough to cover from the slot. He get open easily and has great body control. Whoever drafts him will be getting a very good receiver.

Here's a draft in light of the Thursday debacle vs the Jets:

1: R1P24
G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA
3: R2P23
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH
4: R2P24
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
5: R3P32
RB RASHAAD PENNY
SAN DIEGO STATE
6: R4P24
WR DARREN CARRINGTON II
UTAH
7: R5P21
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
8: R5P24
S TREY MARSHALL
FLORIDA STATE

26Buffalo Bills: Ronald Jones, RB, USC

The Bills have plenty of draft picks to utilize in 2018, and running back may not be the best use of their first-round pick. But it is time to start planning for the post-LeSean McCoy era. Jones reminds a lot of Melvin Gordon.

31 Buffalo Bills (via Chiefs): Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

An unheralded star for the Ohio State defense, Jones’ motor, interior pressure and ability to finish opportunities in the backfield made a huge difference against Penn State. Bills head coach Sean McDermott has always valued defenders like that.

42 minutes ago, TPS said:

If we go this route we should double up on O linemen in round two, based on what we saw on Thursday.  

26. Buffalo Bills: Dre’mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
Marcell Dareus is gone, and Kyle Williams is 34, and both Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane come from Carolina, where contenders were built around big defensive lines.

31. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City): Damien Harris, RB, Alabama 
Shady McCoy has been invaluable but turns 30 in July. Buffalo could stand to take some of the burden off him, and the hard-running Harris—a rising name—would be a great complement.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I ran in to a nice BPA draft today.  Are QBs falling these days?  Most mock drafts I see have 4 QBs in RD1.

YOUR TEAM
BUFFALO BILLS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P22
QB JOSH ROSEN
UCLA
2: R1P27
EDGE OGBONNIA OKORONKWO
OKLAHOMA
3: R2P22
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON
5: R3P32
WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS
6: R4P22
DL CHRISTIAN LACOUTURE
LSU
7: R5P22
S STEVEN PARKER
OKLAHOMA

I love Anthony Miller btw.  He is a great producer and good speed. 

I wonder if Mayfield is a real option for them. I'm split because while he's had off-field issues, the kid has moxy & compete like you see in the good ones (Russel Wilson, DeShaun Watson had it as well at Clemson) while having some real arm talent. 

I think hell he'll end up as the best QB of the class and hope they can snag him with one of their 2nd's, or even one of their 1st's. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.