RODAK: Bills Go 5-11 in 2017

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

I picked the Bills to go 5-11, but my ESPN NFL Nation colleagues think they'll go 3-13

https://t.co/vRrPx0Rabd

We go through this almost every year. The only year they were right was the 0-8 start year. I honestly don't get why people think this team is particularly bad. Mediocre, I get, but there's still one of the best rushing attacks, and the D-line/linebackers look good and deep. We'll see how the defensive backs play -- that's a definite wild card. However, why this team is supposedly much worse than last year's is beyond me (but both local and national press seem to do this every year, save the rare years we are a chic pick).

We go through this almost every year. The only year they were right was the 0-8 start year. I honestly don't get why people think this team is particularly bad. Mediocre, I get, but there's still one of the best rushing attacks, and the D-line/linebackers look good and deep. We'll see how the defensive backs play -- that's a definite wild card. However, why this team is supposedly much worse than last year's is beyond me (but both local and national press seem to do this every year, save the rare years we are a chic pick).

It's their format. Almost every sports writer thinks the team they cover should beat the Bills. Except the one for the Jets, he usually thinks we'll split.

It's their format. Almost every sports writer thinks the team they cover should beat the Bills. Except the one for the Jets, he usually thinks we'll split.

What I have found sad all these years is we usually end up beating a team we have no business beating only to turn around and lose to a team we have no business losing to.

I think the defense will be much better this season, they will be better coached/prepared on Sundays, and a whole season of Matthews will be better than a half season of an injured Watkins.

Final record: 9-7

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Bills will disappoint fans once again and finish with an 8-8 record. Defense will show improvement and keep them competitive the while offense again excels in the run game.

Unfortunately this will upset the masses that are clamoring for a possible franchise QB as Tyrod goes 3700 yds / 28/5 / 91 passer rtg.