JJ Watt has raised over $10 mil for Hurricane Harvey victims

This is the proper way to utilize the platform you have as a high profile celebrity/athlete. I heard him speak about it last night on NFLN and he was very impressive. Kudos to him and all the others for their fund raising efforts!

Agreed.

This is the proper way to utilize the platform you have as a high profile celebrity/athlete. I heard him speak about it last night on NFLN and he was very impressive. Kudos to him and all the others for their fund raising efforts!

Agreed.

just a reminder, the red cross :bag: and there are many better causes - like this.

Yeah we sent to the Salvation Army... Red Cross? nope

Who care? Just a bunch of Texans in the dirtiest of all Texas cities. Houston was due for a good douche and JJ just wasn't quite douche enough. !@#$em.

They will win a super bowl within two years: see The other DB Drew Brees and the only dirtier city on the gulf coast.

Miami is next.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Who care? Just a bunch of Texans in the dirtiest of all Texas cities. Houston was due for a good douche and JJ just wasn't quite douche enough. !@#$em.

They will win a super bowl within two years: see The other DB Drew Brees and the only dirtier city on the gulf coast.

Miami is next.

I'm hoping you're being sarcastic but if not, your post is quite disturbing.

He didn't raise all that money to hand it over to a bunch of simpletons. That money is going to be used to eradicate any Asian Carp that dare enter those waters in and around Houston.

If so, it's chump change. 12.8 million would/has been spent in the matter of hours if that gov't boondoggle gets its meat hooks in it!

;-)

And Newsflash: They are already down there. Where do you think they are from? ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Thats about $5.55 for every man, woman, & child in Houston.

Well, that's approximately $5.55 per person of relief that they didn't already have, so I say bravo to Watt for his efforts. I've lived in Texas for 28 years, and have never seen destruction like this, and neither have most of the victims of the hurricane.

No amount of money can return what many people have lost, but the fact that there are people that will spearhead efforts like this make me believe that we're still a country of people that care about eachother, and not a bunch of bitter, self-indulgent idiots like we behave as most of the time.

This is the sort of thing that we should not only support, but also be proud of.

Well, that's approximately $5.55 per person of relief that they didn't already have, so I say bravo to Watt for his efforts. I've lived in Texas for 28 years, and have never seen destruction like this, and neither have most of the victims of the hurricane.

No amount of money can return what many people have lost, but the fact that there are people that will spearhead efforts like this make me believe that we're still a country of people that care about eachother, and not a bunch of bitter, self-indulgent idiots like we behave as most of the time.

This is the sort of thing that we should not only support, but also be proud of.

Agree.

I not begrudging anybody. A lot of money will be spent on recovery. Charity is the best answer.