The Lions Waive OT Cyrus Kouandjio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell this to Mike Tomlin. Who kept the same defensive scheme and most of the defensive staff intact when he got hired in Pittsburgh despite running a cover 2 in Minnesota.

It's popular tkeep a staff intact based on their performance.

Mularkey did it when he came in here in keeping the defensive staff intact after Greggo got fired.

That staff had just won a superbowl. Who would fire Dick LeBeau?

Tell this to Mike Tomlin. Who kept the same defensive scheme and most of the defensive staff intact when he got hired in Pittsburgh despite running a cover 2 in Minnesota.

It's popular tkeep a staff intact based on their performance.

Mularkey did it when he came in here in keeping the defensive staff intact after Greggo got fired.

Scott,

I believe you feel the definition of "most" means 100% of the time. I never ever ever ever said 100% of the teams bring on their own staff.

Dick Lebeau was also the defensive coordinator in two different stints for 12 total years coming off of a Super Bowl victory......also with an organization that's only had 3 different HC's in the last 40 years.

Heavily complaining?

I said they should've kept him around as depth considering how well he played last season filling in for Glenn.

the point is you were saying it was a terrible thing to let him go without knowing the inside info. sometimes it's worth seeing how things play out before getting too angry.

Kromer is coaching the O line for the Rams. I'm not sure why the Bills didn't keep him since he clearly did a great job at elevating the performance of the players, and the blocking schemes the Bills used last year were very effective (led the league in rushing).

There were posters here (and I'm still relatively new but I'm told that they are reliable and usually right) saying that McDermott tried to keep Kromer. He wanted him to stay. LA offered him a raise and Buffalo matched but Kromer wanted to go somewhere he had a chance at being an OC again and I guess he was told that was a possibility in LA. So once Krmoer chose LA, McDermott moved on to Castillo.

I don't know if this is true or not, but it would make sense.

I don't think you said that but I read from many that we should do that. I always found it odd we want to move our best LT.

I know Kujo filled in here and there in spot starts and time but he obviously didn't show enough to be considered a full time starter. That's what my stance was....never liked the idea of moving Glenn. Kujo has been let go by 2 teams in the last 3 months.

Does not mean much to be let go by current FO. They release or trade payers before breakfast now. Means nothing. The smart teams are calling Bills to get any players from previous regime the current guys clearly are purging.

Like an early bird garage sale.

it may have been considered and then dismissed. We have no idea of what goes on behind those doors.

Of course...I'm not criticizing the staff or anything.

Some folks have gotten the impression that anyone stumped for Kouandjio (or Dawkins) at LT and moving Glenn to RT. Many of us said that it would be smart to consider whether or not such a move would get the best unit-of-5 on the field, and were subsequently told how dumb it would be to even consider moving Glenn from LT because...well...reasons that don't make sense.

That's all there is to the discussion.

As I discovered months ago, I know you aren't serious with the schtick...because there's no way physically possible that someone could be this poor at following a discussion.

If you were serious, you would literally never have a functioning conversation, because the crux of practically everything I've ever seen you attempt to discuss on this board is entirely lost on you.

I have found months ago that I shouldnt take a word of things you post on here seriously. You have proven time and again to lack basic fundamental knowledge with regard to core concepts of football. For instance this occassion you insinuated it would be ok to move our franchise lt to rt so a now cut twice, overdrafted, and untalented rt could take his spot at lt. This will be the last I engage in any topic with you as it is clear to me that you dont know that much about football.

I have found months ago that I shouldnt take a word of things you post on here seriously. You have proven time and again to lack basic fundamental knowledge with regard to core concepts of football. For instance this occassion you insinuated it would be ok to move our franchise lt to rt so a now cut twice, overdrafted, and untalented rt could take his spot at lt. This will be the last I engage in any topic with you as it is clear to me that you dont know that much about football.

If that's what you think, and you're not just pulling my chain, then you are beyond incapable of comprehending even the most basic of discussions.

But I honestly don't believe that you're serious...nobody's reading comprehension is that poor.

You've fooled more than a few people on here into believing that you're sincere though, so good job with that :thumbsup: