NFL suspends Vontaze Burfict 5 games (update: 3 games)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty bad. He just blindsided a guy running a route.

At least with Landry/AW it was different sides of the ball and AW was trying to get in the play.

This reminds me more of the Sherman hit on Goodwin on the opposite side of the field than the play.

I say we try to acquire that QB for the Chiefs. He threw it to a covered guy down the middle!!

Oh, another cheap shot by VB, nothing new here. The guy is a thug and will get what he deserves one day.

After watching that a few times, 5 games seems a bit harsh to me. I doubt he did it maliciously and didn't expect the opposing player to fold like a house of cards.

Oh, he saw him and knew exactly what he was doing. He was Burfict's responsibility in that coverage.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

5 games seems a bit harsh for that. Does Burfict have a history?

suspended first 3 games in 2016 for hit on Antonio Brown in playoffs.

Benched in college for committing too many personal fouls, tested positive for pot at Combine, fined in 2013 for defenseless receiver hit and going after a player's groin (same game, GB), fined in 2014 for twisting the ankles of Newton and Olsen (Carolina) and the above mentioned Brown incident in 2015 along with going after Big Ben's ankle in that same playoff game against the Steelers.

Edited by BarleyNY

I miss the NFL. What Ray Nitschke would have done to an opponent coming into his territory who wasn't paying attention, would have been worse. The NFL now wants to let offenses move the ball so players get to roam at will. Somehow offenses were able to score back then, but there was never a track team element to the sport, instead there was toughness and violence. Also there was a kind of a code. A guy who took cheap shots got paid back in kind. Also we had 220 pound LBs and 280 pound OLs, so the sheer bulk was different.

Edited by Utah John

If I were the NFL, I would send a strong message here and throw this guy out of the league. He's been suspended several times now I believe and it's clear he just doesn't want to get it. Get rid of him before he kills someone. Literally kills someone.

Thats pretty bad. He just blindsided a guy running a route.

At least with Landry/AW it was different sides of the ball and AW was trying to get in the play.

This reminds me more of the Sherman hit on Goodwin on the opposite side of the field than the play.

It was a love tap compared to Landry's