So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

Peterman's numbers don't jump off the page in a positive way, but I have to wonder if Dak would have looked any better as a raw rook behind this line and with this receiver corps, or, alternatively how much better Peterman would have looked in his first camp behind Dallas's line and with Dez, Whitten etc...

I've never had any confidence in Tyrod being able to run a WC offence or any variant thereof. So my view and prediction has pretty much always been that if healthy Tyrod starts the year, proves he can't do it, fans clamour for Peterman and he starts after or around the bye. This also gives the kid at least a chance to get ready (or readier than if he started game 1).

Year is going to be a write off in terms of ability to compete now imo. Rebuild is already in progress. Looking forward to next year's draft.

Would like another 3rd (bye Holmes).

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, just like you're not supposed to lose your job to injury. If the other guy is better, the better player plays.

I mean John Miller has been part of the 15-14 and he might not start, where is your gripe about that.

So the guy that completes 50% of his passes against 2's and 3's is better?

That's dumb

As to Miller, perhaps go read the Ducasse thread, because I've "griped" about half a dozen times.

Just once it would be nice if you took a second to think before hitting post.

That's dumb

As to Miller, perhaps go read the Ducasse thread, because I've "griped" about half a dozen times.

You know completion percentage is meaningless at this stage, right? You keep mentioning it like it's important.

Stats dont show the 2 nice 1st down completions that were called back by penalty, or the 2 drops by Clay.

2 year starter with a track record > 5th round rookie that is a 50% passer

I don't think there's an NFL coach in the history of the game that would do what some folks here think is a good idea

You know completion percentage is meaningless at this stage, right? You keep mentioning it like it's important.

:wallbash:

I honestly dont even care at this point. This season is going to suck no matter who is back there IMO. I also dont think there will be much difference in results between Peterman and Tyrod. Yardage and scores will be the same just achieved in different ways.

2 year starter with a track record > 5th round rookie that is a 50% passer

I don't think there's an NFL coach in the history of the game that would do what some folks here think is a good idea

:wallbash:

Bandit please. Our starter is barely at 50%

Let's talk this preseason because the scheme, oline and WR set is different

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Another point that I like about Peterman aside from him being more decisive than TT is that he seems to target our TE's more often and seems to like throwing the ball to our 2 best receivers Zay and Clay.

I like the kid alot and he certainly seems to be a better passer than TT, but you still have to put TT in as the starter.

For now

So your saying we have two qbs who totally suck, right?

TT sucks in this system from everything we've been privy to.

TJ Yikes is just - wow.

SO yes, the Bills QB situation is not good right now. Peterman's mediocrity has him as the best they've got.

Edited by BobChalmers

That's dumb

He was playing the 1's last night. You're using last week's facts.

And again, no one is addressing the very real possibility that TT is OUT for the start of the year. He may have gotten on the plane home, but he was in bad enough shape he couldn't return to the sidelines during the game. I know, I was scanning the sidelines for him.

Peterman IS the #1 QB right now. It's a near certainty he will be getting all the rep's with the ones this week including in the game.

Edited by BobChalmers

That's dumb

The reality is all you guys in denial seem kinda dumb. Peterman is a better QB than is Taylor.

The reality is all you guys in denial seem kinda dumb. Peterman is a better QB than is Taylor.

The coaching staff doesn't believe that. I don't know how we are kinda dumb? The guy was 11-23 and 4 YPA!! What were you seeing that gave such great hope? He's been okay but not good by any stretch of the imagination. Tyrod has still led 2 top 10 scoring offenses. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The coaching staff doesn't believe that. I don't know how that we are kinda dumb? The guy was 11-23 and 4 YPA!! What were you seeing that gave such great hope? He's been okay but not good by any stretch of the imagination. Tyrod has still led 2 top 10 scoring offenses.

You know this how?

Bandit please. Our starter is barely at 50%

Let's talk this preseason because the scheme, oline and WR set is different

Um, we're going to put more emphasis on 2 quarters of preseason action than 29 regular season games?

No.

Just no

He was playing the 1's last night. You're using last week's facts.

And again, no one is addressing the very real possibility that TT is OUT for the start of the year. He may have gotten on the plane home, but he was in bad enough shape he couldn't return to the sidelines during the game. I know, I was scanning the sidelines for him.

Peterman IS the #1 QB right now. It's a near certainty he will be getting all the rep's with the ones this week including in the game.

No.

I am using his numbers from the whole preseason vs Taylor's NFL body of work.

There is literally no reason to think this

The coaching staff doesn't believe that. I don't know how we are kinda dumb? The guy was 11-23 and 4 YPA!! What were you seeing that gave such great hope? He's been okay but not good by any stretch of the imagination. Tyrod has still led 2 top 10 scoring offenses.

Not in this scheme, which despite Dennison's assurances, really does NOT look suited to TT's talents.

TT can be very good in a scheme that's all running plus deep bombs. Old school Al Davis Oakland/Terry Bradshaw Steelers offensive theory. Pretty much the complete opposite of the WCO.

Because they named Tyrod the starter (again) after the game. I also still have quite a few contacts in the building over there. This isn't some brewing QB controversy.

So did you take that to mean you think McD already knows that TT will have no concussion issues that will affect him for week 1??

Regardless of what the coaches want re: the QB situation, my bet is Peterman starts week 1.

If Peterman beats the Jets, do you pull Peterman even after TT was a complete dumpster fire in all 3 of his preseason appearances?

Um, we're going to put more emphasis on 2 quarters of preseason action than 29 regular season games?

No.

Just no

No.

I am using his numbers from the whole preseason vs Taylor's NFL body of work.

There is literally no reason to think this

No to what that I said? You do know TT is concussed, right? At this moment, Peterman is the top available QB. There's zero question of that.

Edited by BobChalmers