GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Bills vs. Ravens at 7 PM ET

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why didn't we keep Scwartz? I guess Rex thought he was going to improve the defense lol. I just don't get it. There is a reason for the 17 year playoff drought. Working well? Break it let's fix it? Working bad? Let's fix it. Its some of the stupidest **** I have ever seen to change something that works well

Because Schwartz wanted to be a HC instead of DC and the Bills saw how he did in Detroit..........

Schwartz didn't want to work for Rex, so he took a year off before going to the Eagles.........

We are an incredibly boring team. No excitement at all.

Offense blows. The Jauron days are back.

I'd have to agree. The prospect of Sammy was most of my excitement for this season. This offense appears to be going backwards. I don't see any sense or rhythm to the route concepts. Guys getting led out of bounds etc. it's hard to watch. Can we get the ball to WRs running upfield ?

I'd have to agree. The prospect of Sammy was most of my excitement for this season. This offense appears to be going backwards. I don't see any sense or rhythm to the route concepts. Guys getting led out of bounds etc. it's hard to watch. Can we get the ball to WRs running upfield ?

Matthews should help.

Scott, I'm serious man, have you EVER been positive about the Bills? It seems you're always down on the team even in wins.

When, in recent memory, have they not consistently done stupid things.

The last time the Bills were a good team was a lifetime ago. I was single, I had no kids, I was still in college. The person who watched that team wouldn't even recognize me. Wake me up when they get a clue.

From what it looks like they are forcing their scheme on these players. Tyrod doesn't fit this boring, timing offense IMO.

And I've beaten the Watkins horse enough, but I'll do it again. Awful trade.

Yeah, definitely some square pegs there. That's why I didnt understand this group bringing back Taylor. It's hardly a match. You're right, this Offense looks an awful lot like Jauron ball. At least Chan ball was enetertaining at times with limited players. Edited by Boatdrinks

From what it looks like they are forcing their scheme on these players. Tyrod doesn't fit this boring, timing offense IMO.

We dont know that yet

- We dont know what that draft pick is gonna end up being or part of being in a bigger trade

- We dont know if EJ Gaines starts

- We dont know if Sammy Watkins can make it through the season healhty

We dont know that yet

- We dont know what that draft pick is gonna end up being or part of being in a bigger trade

- We dont know if EJ Gaines starts

- We dont know if Sammy Watkins can make it through the season healhty

We know this offense lacks a dynamic WR now.

FWIW, I watched the first half of the Rams game.....in 2 quarters of action, Sammy had 0 catches and 0 targets.

Robert Woods had 2 catches

Goff threw an interception and had a sack/fumble returned for a TD.

Because Schwartz wanted to be a HC instead of DC and the Bills saw how he did in Detroit..........

Schwartz didn't want to work for Rex, so he took a year off before going to the Eagles.........

I don't think this is true at all. He wanted to be DC (just like now in Philly) and run things the way he saw fit. Hiring another coach that would have happily kept him and let him have free reign (and most importantly, continuity) would have been the best thing to happen to this team in the drought.

Those retrospective Hue Jackson reports of him getting close to having the job and wanting to keep Schwartz are completely depressing :/

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

I don't think this is true at all. He wanted to be DC (just like now in Philly) and run things the way he saw fit. Hiring another coach that would have happily kept him and let him have free reign (and most importantly, continuity) would have been the best thing to happen to this team in the drought.

Those retrospective Hue Jackson reports of him getting close to having the job and wanting to keep Schwartz are completely depressing :/

Its possible he may have stayed on with the right HC, but he wasn't going to stay for just anyone, and especially with a guy like Rex who wants to run things his way.

The only reason he is DC in Philly is because no one hired him as HC, he wanted the job here but they passed and went with Rex. He took the year off and then went to Philly with the hopes that another good defence being their DC would help get him another shot as a HC.

FWIW, I watched the first half of the Rams game.....in 2 quarters of action, Sammy had 0 catches and 0 targets.

Robert Woods had 2 catches

Goff threw an interception and had a sack/fumble returned for a TD.

The trade was indefensible from the Rams point of view. This will be obvious by the end of the season.

We are an incredibly boring team. No excitement at all.

Offense blows. The Jauron days are back.

All of these thoughts were popping up in my head all game. You can live and die counting Tyrods flaws but our offense the past two seasons had big play ability. It was fun to watch knowing at any minute shady cud break a big run or tyrod could burn the defense with a bomb, break ankles on a scramble or break the pocket for a throw on the run.

The scheme and roster moves nuetered what made Tyrod dangerous. The wco is gonna change us from a boom big play offense to a snooze fest. It just kinda sucks.