Why Jordan Poyer received such high praise

cover1

Neither do a lot of safeties over the years. You get two 300lb+ OLmen coming at you with a head of steam, some tend to shy away.

Honestly, that's exactly why I sat the bench at cuse.

Got my opportunity once and I ****** up and didn't take out the pulling guard and didn't set the edge. Didn't get another shot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, that's exactly why I sat the bench at cuse.

Got my opportunity once and I ****** up and didn't take out the pulling guard and didn't set the edge. Didn't get another shot

Well, the vast majority don't even get the chance to sit the bench at a D-1 school, so good on you for getting the chance to do that. I can appreciate you have an uncommon perspective and look forward to more of your insights.

Well, the vast majority don't even get the chance to sit the bench at a D-1 school, so good on you for getting the chance to do that. I can appreciate you have an uncommon perspective and look forward to more of your insights.

Thank you

I'm glad I found this place after bbmb was shut down

those are the type of plays that get you off the field on 3rd down instead of allowing the other team to convert...

No wonder why our 3rd down D was so terrible last year and so good so far this year...

Well that is his job.

If my safety played Soft and folded on that kick out I would've yanked him. This is football not patty cake

I am sorry 716, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, that is his job, right?

I am sorry 716, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, that is his job, right?

If your job is to keep contain , you do WHATEVER needs to be done to keep the play inside of you.

Poyer blew up the lead blocker and kicked the play back inside perfectly. Hopefully he does that a lot this year

Why are we looking to "upgrade" every postition even if we find a good player

that is not how you biuld a winning team......you biuld a team with some playmakers, solid starters, and depth that doesnt crap the bed when they have to play.

If Poyer ends up being a good safety...he should stay right there with Hyde where he belongs (and he wife in the stands)

that is not how you biuld a winning team......you biuld a team with some playmakers, solid starters, and depth that doesnt crap the bed when they have to play.

If Poyer ends up being a good safety...he should stay right there with Hyde where he belongs (and he wife in the stands)

I agree with that last statement, I was pretty stoked when she shared this article on Twitter. What a smokeshow hahah

Good stuff. Thanks ET. Poyer and Hyde could end up being underrated signings. If they end up playing well, this D could be solid.

No problem brother!

I loved him at Oregon State. He had great instincts then and was all OVER the field.

It's like he got lost in Cleveland in addition to the injury he had.

Great to have him here, great analysis by Cover 1 as well.

Appreciate it, I went back to some of his game film at Oregon State when we signed him and you're right was was instinctual and aggressive.

Agree

I really like what I've seen from him so far.

Our defense has potential to be great this season.

I think the communication, verbal and non verbal on the field has been really good. The spacing has been solid and you can tell that even though the defensive calls were vanilla, the guys knew where they were supposed to be.

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that when I started watching this guys film soon after he was signed, I really liked his game. I think he has a lot of the traits that McDermott looks for in his DBs and most of them have shown through two games. But if you just look at the box score, you may think to yourself, he hasn't really produced. But take a look at a few of the clips I put together on him. Enjoy

http://www.cover1.net/2017/08/jordan-poyers-brand-of-football/

Thanks for that ! How old is Poyer?

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that when I started watching this guys film soon after he was signed, I really liked his game. I think he has a lot of the traits that McDermott looks for in his DBs and most of them have shown through two games. But if you just look at the box score, you may think to yourself, he hasn't really produced. But take a look at a few of the clips I put together on him. Enjoy

http://www.cover1.net/2017/08/jordan-poyers-brand-of-football/

I really like reading/watching your stuff. In Hyde and Poyer it looks like the Bills have upgraded significantly at the safety positions. I'm excited to watch this defense once the regular season hits.