BBC Top 100 Comedies of all Time

snafu

I don't consider Pulp Fiction a comedy despite some funny moments. Step Brothers and Zoolander should not be on that list. Three movies I'd put on the list off the top of my head are National Lampoon's Vacation, My Cousin Vinny, and Dumb and Dumber.

Nice list, thank you for sharing. Unless I missed it, Im surprised that Pull Fiction is on the list and dumb and dumber isn't.

Generally speaking, most people are fans of comedy from their generation. You have about a decade or so of uninhibited enjoyment of all entertainment. Music, movies, sports, etc. Then life gets too serious and people get cranky.

#4 seems astonishingly high for Groundhog Day. I didn't think it was bad but no way is it anywhere close to that rank. If it didn't show up in the top 100 I wouldn't have though it that big a snub.

Comedies are hard to rank though. Caddy shack 65, Animal House 47 and...Bridesmaids....which again I didn't think was all that bad...44. It was NOT a better comedy that Animal House or Caddyshack.

It's all subjective, but among the Python films, I'd rank "Holy Grail" over "Life of Brian", and "O Brother, Where Art Thou" is, in my opinion, the best Coen Brothers film - slightly better than (or at least tied with) "The Big Lebowski" and a lot better than "Raising Arizona." How does "O Brother" not make the list at all? What about "Fargo"?

Ghostbusters at #95? That is very disrespectful, especially when you see what is in front of it?

Bridesmaids? :sick: That is insulting.

I agree with everyone here about Airplane!. It should be top 5.

Same about Pulp Fiction, not a true comedy.

I love Bringing Up Baby, and it is rightfully in the Top 20.

The Big Lebowski, When Harry Met Sally, Clueless, & Mean Girls should be much lower.

The Princess Bride should be much higher.

A big thumbs up for acknowledging Shaun of the Dead. :thumbsup:

The Hangover? South Park? Zoolander? Top 100?

I'm a big fan of Laurel & Hardy, and I love that two of their films are in here. The Music Box is one of my all-time favorites. I'm surprised that they put Sons of the Desert on the list and not Way Out West.

How could they leave out The Odd Couple and The Birdcage? But we have Bridesmaids! :sick::sick::sick:

Edited by Mark Vader