Allen Hurns may be available

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen Hurns signed a 4 year, $40,650,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including $20,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,162,500. In 2017, Hurns will earn a base salary of $7,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $7,000,000 and a dead cap value of $7,000,000.

Contract Terms: 4 yr(s) / $40,650,000 Signing Bonus - Average Salary$10,162,500 GTD at Sign:$16,000,000 Total GTD:$20,000,000 Free Agent:2021 / UFA

Terrible idea...

You guys want to pay a WR who would be competing with Andre Holmes to be our 3rd WR all that money? Are you guys insane? Does anyone ever look at facts before they post this stuff?

He is not going to start over Jordan and Zay, and at best would at some point in the season move up to 3rd but only if he can beat out Andre, and thats not a guarantee. Yet he has a big contract...This is a big whopping NOOOO.

Terrible idea...

You guys want to pay a WR who would be competing with Andre Holmes to be our 3rd WR all that money? Are you guys insane? Does anyone ever look at facts before they post this stuff?

He is not going to start over Jordan and Zay, and at best would at some point in the season move up to 3rd but only if he can beat out Andre, and thats not a guarantee. Yet he has a big contract...This is a big whopping NOOOO.

No, no they do not.

"I've heard of him before!!!"

Edited by Captain Murica

Terrible idea...

You got Zay over Holmes?

Terrible idea...

That's why I posted his contract numbers. No kidding they want to dump him.

Cap hits are 6.9, 7.9 and 9.5 over the rest of the deal if you decide to keep him.

Only his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed, so its basically a 1 year 7 million deal.

No bonuses in 2018-2020, and only half of 2018 is guaranteed if he's on your roster to start the league years. So it can be essentially 2 years 14 million.

Hes 25, has a 1000 yard season... I'd do a deal for a very low pick considering our depth and the fact that it ensures we can cut holmes and net the 3rd round comp pick. Would basically net say a 3rd + Hurns + cash for a 4th or probably later + Holmes...

Ehh...if we are going to do that might as well have just paid Sammy...would you trade Hurns for Sammy?? Hell no...

Sammy's next season contract would have been about 13 million vs. 6.9. The cap hits are roughly in line with Woods just got, and all the guarantee's have already been paid out. Plus if he sucks you just cut him before next season and it's a 1 year rental for not a lot of capital.

You got Zay over Holmes?

Yes, I think Zay is playing his way into a job right now. Holmes reportedly had a case of the dropsies at times in camp, and I think Jordan and Zay will both start. HOWEVER...Jordan may not start week 1 if he can get back and grasp the offense soon. Could be Andre and Zay start week 1 or even first couple weeks until Jordan is up to speed. Now that being said, it does sound like Jordan should be back soon and I would expect that he will be ready to start week 1 barring any other injuries or setbacks.

Zay I think is locked in as a starter right now...I mean why not, the kid is making plays in practice and looked great in his 2nd preseason game and first without Sammy here. He's got great hands and seems to have great instincts. I actually firmly believe he is going to compete for rookie of the year awards. In fact, I think Zay has the best chance of any of the rookie WR's to be honest. I think he is the most ready and has the best situation to heavily contribute between opportunity and some injuries to other promising rookies WRs in good situations like Mike Williams.