This will be a tough year for Bills fans and McDermott

gjv001

A Bills fans heart on game day will be saying win. However, winning will be contrary to the strategic

goal of having the best position in the 2018 draft to obtain a franchise QB. Perhaps the same for

McDermott. I'm sure he's aware that to be a great NFL coach you have to have a great QB.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 years, what is another one, at least we have a plan going forward, we have a GM and Coach that are on the same page, Ownership is giving them any tools they need including time and we are going to have one hell of a draft next year. Get to see how some of our new talent works out.

So what really is the difference if we go 4-12 or 7-9,

Who knows, maybe McDermott can shock us, God knows he cant be as bad as Rex. I bet we can actually get players substituted on time and wont make laughably bad decisions with challenges. Also McD better start fixing this penalty situation, if he cant this team might be unwatchable.

Anyone with great expectations this year deserves to have the hopes dashed simply out of pure stupidity.

I would find it as a very refreshing year if we would trade Shady, get rid of TT and go full blown rebuild mode. WAAAAY past time to do this. Get as many picks, as high as you can for 2018. FINALLY address Franchise QB and build around him.

I am sick of tons of years of spinning our wheels in the 6-10 / 8-8 realm

Give me a break with the fans won't stand for it stuff. Fans are fans and love their team. They get frustrated at times but they love their teams.

And if you only give the GM and HC two years you're just perpetuating the same shortsighted approach that got us in this mess.

I don't know why anyone would say that Bills fans wouldn't accept a one year "tank". We've been accepting crap for 17 years now. What's one more year with the thought that we will finally invest high draft picks to get the best possible young QB for the future?

Everyone says tank on this board, when it happens they won't tolerate it and be calling for heads

McBean duo will last two years

I doubt it.

Fans by May of next year will be super excited because they have a lot of new talent and their hoped to future franchise QB, with all the new rookies that alone buys them another year. Certainly some crazies will be calling suicide hotlines but that is to be expected from a small minority, fans with common sense can see what is coming up.

Pegula's aren't dumb, they realize 2 and out is the road to Cleveland Browns forever. They got a GM and a HC that young, hungry, not old tired retreads fired from somewhere else. The GM/HC are (apparently) totally on the same page, when was the last time that happened.

The Pegula's inherited Whaley and the entire office. Finallly they got there guys in there now to run the show.

A Bills fans heart on game day will be saying win. However, winning will be contrary to the strategic

goal of having the best position in the 2018 draft to obtain a franchise QB. Perhaps the same for

McDermott. I'm sure he's aware that to be a great NFL coach you have to have a great QB.

Freaking boo hoo. Really? A thread for this drivel? This board sucks worse and worse every single day. Congrats.

Oh, woe is me!!! All the Bills need is a franchise QB and their troubles will be over! Suck for ????, right dude? Don't worry, in case you haven't followed the dismantling of the Bills offensive team over the off-season, the choice between winning games and losing them to get a higher pick is likely to be immaterial. The Bills will suck ... and embarrassingly and boringly so.

FYI, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, QB in NFL history was drafted in the sixth round. One of the very best young QBs in the NFL today was drafted in the third round. Meanwhile, the # 3 pick in the 2014 draft, QB Blake Bortles, is going down in flames in Jacksonville, and the Bills last would-be first round "franchise QB" is now a backup.

Dream on.

Edited by SoTier

I hate the whole "tank" phenomenon. Hate it. It's even worse for football, when there are so few games. As an old, long-time fan, I have to say, I just wasn't made for these times. I hate the fact that we are on the precipice of horrible season, and I hate that so many fellow fans are embracing it. Yuck...it's all wrong.

Give me a break with the fans won't stand for it stuff. Fans are fans and love their team. They get frustrated at times but they love their teams.

And if you only give the GM and HC two years you're just perpetuating the same shortsighted approach that got us in this mess.

You got it.

Imagine the buzz around the Bills next year when they have Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, etc. We might be so bad we might get our potential franchise QB and still have some high picks left to get more studs in here. If we manage to lose the first game against the Jets at home I would say we are firmly in the driver's seat for #1. Ahh such high aspirations of a Bills fan.

I hate the whole "tank" phenomenon. Hate it. It's even worse for football, when there are so few games. As an old, long-time fan, I have to say, I just wasn't made for these times. I hate the fact that we are on the precipice of horrible season, and I hate that so many fellow fans are embracing it. Yuck...it's all wrong.

Although it looks like Winston and Mariota are on the rise, if you look at the NFL top 100 players list, here are the QBs that make the top 30 players:

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

David Carr

Dak Prescott

Drew Brees

Ben Roethlisberger

Russell Wilson

ONE of these QBs was taken in the top 10

But, I still don't think we are tanking... yet.

It's completely unnecessary if your organization is the least bit competent.

Outside of the Colts getting extremely lucky with Luck(a once in a generation QB and no pun intended), when has a tank worked out well?

This org hasn't been, the talent isn't as good as many fans think it is. so YES we need to cut / trade several, tank and rebuild

The Pegula's inherited Whaley and the entire office. Finallly they got there guys in there now to run the show.

I honestly think, had the Pegulas let Whaley pick his own coach, we would be talking about a return to the playoffs...Ryan was a disastrous hire, on all fronts. All those praising Beane for being "bold", in my opinion, are way off... he is playing it completely safe. The choice not to exercise Watkins was a bad one, and trading him for an marginal DB and a lottery ticket was just bad. It's much easier to tare a team apart than to build one. Ask Tim Murray. The Colts "sucked for Luck", and now, they pretty much "suck with Luck"... Whaley really wasn't the problem with this franchise....

Edited by Buftex

Smart fans that are tired of the same old BS and want to actually build a competitive team, gets it and can tolerate it.

I pray we crap out this year and have the #1 pick. While at the same time, seeing younger talent develop and produce so we are set in several positions for the near future.

Fans will tolerate a bad year better than a mediocre year, imo, because it will improve the chances of getting a franchise qb.

I agree. The epitome of mediocrity was 7-9 Dick Jauron, the walking dead, those were the most painful years for me as a Bills fan. At least Rex was entertaining, you never know what stupid thing he was going to do or say.