This will be a tough year for Bills fans and McDermott

gjv001

Ass backwards way of doing things.

You don't trade young, talented players for draft picks. It is absolutely asinine.

What young talent that actually produces on a consistent basis? We have traded none. Sammy did NOTHING to stay here. I would rather have 8's that produce than a maybe 10. Sammy wasn't worth the picks, and didn't perform period. He is nothing but potential and for 17 years all Buffalo has done is push Talent and potential while getting very little production.

Also I saw nothing that indicated Sammy wanted to be here past this year. To me he was half assing it and drawing a paycheck.

Its past time to break this thing down and build it right and it starts and ends with the QB. and if you don't at least try for a top QB you will never succeed.

Rex set the team back big time.

Still, if they don't hire Rex we don't have Tyrod in all likelihood and despite the constant Tyrod bashing he was pretty solid the past couple years and easily the best QB this franchise has had over the drought.

Whaley with a guy like Hugh Jackson would be another year of EJ Manual in 2015 and that isn't a playoff team.

Easily the best over the drought, so what? a 4 is still a 4 and this guy is average (maybe a 5) as a QB at best. See fans forget what a 10 is at QB and they make excuses for crap at the position, because its better than the 1-3's we have had.

That little white speck on the top of chicken crap, is still chicken crap. Past time to trade up or do whatever to try and secure a real QB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's completely unnecessary if your organization is the least bit competent.

Outside of the Colts getting extremely lucky with Luck(a once in a generation QB and no pun intended), when has a tank worked out well?

Good question, I actually cant think of any other situations of teams "tanking" unless the Browns have been doing it last few years.

And the term "tank" is ambiguous. I absolutely think the Bills will do everything they can with the roster to win games and I think they wlil be competitive in most, the natural parity of the NFL. It is real hard to go 0-16 in the NFL.

I honestly think, had the Pegulas let Whaley pick his own coach, we would be talking about a return to the playoffs...Ryan was a disastrous hire, on all fronts. All those praising Beane for being "bold", in my opinion, are way off... he is playing it completely safe. The choice not to exercise Watkins was a bad one, and trading him for an marginal DB and a lottery ticket was just bad. It's much easier to tare a team apart than to build one. Ask Tim Murray. The Colts "sucked for Luck", and now, they pretty much "suck with Luck"... Whaley really wasn't the problem with this franchise....

The Colts suck with Luck because Ryan Grigson was completely unable to identify talent anywhere on the football field. If he has even an inkling of how to construct a football team they would have been far and away the best team in their division for the past few years

I honestly think, had the Pegulas let Whaley pick his own coach, we would be talking about a return to the playoffs...Ryan was a disastrous hire, on all fronts. All those praising Beane for being "bold", in my opinion, are way off... he is playing it completely safe. The choice not to exercise Watkins was a bad one, and trading him for an marginal DB and a lottery ticket was just bad. It's much easier to tare a team apart than to build one. Ask Tim Murray. The Colts "sucked for Luck", and now, they pretty much "suck with Luck"... Whaley really wasn't the problem with this franchise....

The choice not to extend Watkins was whaley's not beane's.

I don't whaley sucked as a GM

I agree with one thing, I think Beane was a very safe move. What was bold was hiring Rex, well maybe they learned their lesson.

Whaley & Watkins those are totally different debates.

Although it looks like Winston and Mariota are on the rise, if you look at the NFL top 100 players list, here are the QBs that make the top 30 players:

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

David Carr

Dak Prescott

Drew Brees

Ben Roethlisberger

Russell Wilson

ONE of these QBs was taken in the top 10

But, I still don't think we are tanking... yet.

Honestly, I have been following the Bills for too long to trust them to go all in on a top 10 QB, and have it work out...this franchise has never been able to develop a QB, at least in the modern era. Kelly came to them with two years of slinging the ball all over in the USFL. Flutie and Bledsoe were as good as they were going to be by the time the Bills got them...Ferguson had a long careeer, but it was a much different era, and QB's had much more time to hone their craft. There hasn't been much else...hate feeling so bad about this team, because, even in the worst of times, I am normally mister optimist by late August...I just am not seeing anything to hang our hats on for the forseeable future. I am hopeful McDermott can deliver and make this a respectable defense once again, but I think we are 3 years away, minimum, from being a playoff contender....and even that depends on a high rate of return on all of these draft picks.

It's not one more year.

Your looking at at least 3 more years the way management is going about cleansing the roster.

I'd be surprised if these guys are around by then.

The mentality of you need to tank to get your QB is lunacy. The team we traded down with in the 1st round that drafted a QB had a 1st round BYE in the playoffs the year prior.

It's completely unnecessary if your organization is the least bit competent.

Outside of the Colts getting extremely lucky with Luck(a once in a generation QB and no pun intended), when has a tank worked out well?

Agree with all this. I think fans jus make up excuses to give this team a pass sometimes. We have the ammo to grab a qb high without having to tank.

I think this 2017 team will exceed expectations much to the chagrin of the tanking theorists and draft nerds, including our General Manager.

You have a lot of guys - Alexander, Taylor, McDermott, Dareus, White, Hughes, Gaines, etc. who all have something to prove this year - and that desire provides a foundation for over-achievement.

The choice not to extend Watkins was whaley's not beane's.

It was likely McDermotts as much as anyone. From the sounds of it, Whaley had very little input into anything after McDermott was hired...he knew he was being kept on, solely to finish the work that he and his staff did with the draft. Of course, there is no way of knowing for sure, but I would be willing to bet anything, were Whaley not on his way out the door, he would have picked up Sammy's option. McDermott was the new messiah at that point.

I don't understand all the tank talk. The Bills were basically a .500 team last year, with Sammy really healthy only for a handful of games and with the worst coach in the NFL at the helm. They've lost few guys, but also had an influx of young talent and a few good FA acquisitions. If the Bills don't suffer a rash of injuries (and Glenn shows up healthy Week 1), there is no reason they can't get to 10-6. Now, if they start the season 1-7, I'd be in favor of seeing what Peterman can do...but I don't see that happening.

Agree with all this. I think fans jus make up excuses to give this team a pass sometimes. We have the ammo to grab a qb high without having to tank.

Or you tank and be able to get the QB for less, so you can actually get better talent on this team.

is that true? are you ok

Yep, sent PM :-)