Caption John Murphy trying to spin Boldin retiring

Spurna

The whole Boldin signing and then retirement is clownish and another black eye for the franchise, but truth be told Boldin looked really slow Thursday night.

If Murph and Brownie were smart men they'd be honest -- the retirement surprised everyone; the team needs to move forward and will be looking for WR help after final cuts.

I don't see it as a black eye at all.

Boldin came in saying he was here to win a Super Bowl. Then he looked around and saw what the team was capable of this year and realized that wasn't happening,

It was worth a try for the FO. He'd have taught and developed the young guys and played good ball as well, but probably the work he'd have done with the young guys was what they'll miss. It was a good thought, but you can't control stuff like this.

jms.jpg

"Look at his stat line - 0 catches in the regular season or postseason with the Bills. We're better without him!"

Oh, you're guessing what he'll say tomorrow? I didn't get it. OK.

Um, "It's a shame, they'll miss him, but not all that much. It'll give the young guys a chance to get some work."

Day 1 starters (Watkins, Jones, Holmes)

few weeks later (Matthews, Jones, Boldin)

few days later (Matthews, Jones, Holmes)

Who will it be next week?

Tyrod must be building some great chemistry, hell Matthews may not take a practice snap, Streater hurt, Boldin quits, Watkins traded; only in Buffalo, only in Buffalo. I don't think in his 3 years Tyrod has ever been able to work with his starters during training camp and the pre season. Then we expect the offense to roll game 1.

Day 1 starters (Watkins, Jones, Holmes)

few weeks later (Matthews, Jones, Boldin)

few days later (Matthews, Jones, Holmes)

Who will it be next week?

Tyrod must be building some great chemistry, hell Matthews may not take a practice snap, Streater hurt, Boldin quits, Watkins traded; only in Buffalo, only in Buffalo. I don't think in his 3 years Tyrod has ever been able to work with his starters during training camp and the pre season. Then we expect the offense to roll game 1.

Roll as in the way of a dung beetle?

Watkins Gone. Boldin gone. Darby gone. Tyrod going downhill day by day.

McBean looking like they have no clue how to run a franchise

Why should I pay to watch the Bills on Sunday ticket. What a joke this franchise has become.

Seems like nobody wants to play for the Bills. NE must be wondering who else will be available before the start of the season

I will spin it for you and Im as serious as a heart attack. He wasnt all in. He didnt seem too concerned about a ball that was intercepted right in front of him. He has lost a few steps. He is replaceable. The only thing is the Sammy trade. Although Im not one that thought Sammy with all his injuries was that good anyway I beloeve Beane when he said Boldin acquisition made it possible. Go find a replacement in the cuts and get some wins.

100% in agreement. Boldin was probably not even thinking about playing this year. Had little to no offers. Bills made an offer, he thought long and hard on it. Gave it a go. But, just like Reggie Wayne (lasted two weeks on the Patriots), realized that he just didn't have it anymore.

Sammy was: 1. Likely to get hurt again. 2. Going to be too expensive to resign after the season.

Initially Murphy said he was shocked and didn't see it coming.

A caller said Boldin probably quit before the Bills cut him and Murphy said he didn't think the Bills were going to cut him - they wanted him play and his for leadership.

The only spin I heard (and really not a "spin" was he stated the obvious that other current WR players will get more playing time which may be better for them but he didn't say if it would be better for the team - we will see.

Initially Murphy said he was shocked and didn't see it coming.

A caller said Boldin probably quit before the Bills cut him and Murphy said he didn't think the Bills were going to cut him - they wanted him play and his for leadership.

The only spin I heard (and really not a "spin" was he stated the obvious that other current WR players will get more playing time which may be better for them but he didn't say if it would be better for the team - we will see.

Thanks..............I liked the "captions" better!