What Other Surprises Await The Bills ??

T master

:lol::D:worthy:

I don't think that such a trade is beyond the realm of possibility mind you, but Bills Fans are the funniest fans in sports.

With all the news at OBD this summer I definitely can't say it's not possible. But from a sanity perspective I pray it doesn't happen.

Shady is the only guarantee for big yards on offense. They get rid of him then there's honestly no need to watch the games bro.

I'm not a Jonathan Williams fan. Gillislee was an exciting running back that was similar to Shady run style. J. Williams looks faster yes but he will need GREAT protection to make defenders miss.

I'm still (and i don't know why) excited to start the season, but if Shady goes, then I'm just gonna pick up another shift at my job on Sundays and work through the football hours.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years 18 million with no dead cap if he's traded. We on the other hand would have a higher cap hit at around 7.8 million for 2017. Doesn't make sense unless there's a really high pick involved.

the cap hit doesn't matter anymore. The Bills aren't in danger of being anywhere near the cap this year.

Had to read all this crap out of morbid curiosity. Neither Beane no McD are idiots and it would take an idiot to pull some of the crap being speculated about in this thread. Unless you believe in dart board personnel management they seem to be doing the job they were hired to do, build a team. It was obvious to everyone Rex ruined a dominant 4-3 Defense. They addressed that. Our #1 WR couldn't stay on the field and was making money noise. They addressed that. Darby was a solid cover corner, but did poorly in zone schemes. They addressed that. It's obvious, for what ever reason, quarterback play is less than adequate. They give taylor a chance to elevate his game in a new scheme, bring in a high potential kid and secure ammo for the next draft if none of it works for taylor or Peterman. Situation addressed. Let's wait till the bye to crucify these guys. At least by they we'll have results and not conjecture to go on.

Sorry for the rant.

I just don't get why a team wouldn't keep proven commodes for picks. We should be done now, we have the ammo we need to get anything we want next year. Let's keep what we have and compete this year.

Could we get a first round pick?

WeightedToilet.JPG

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Had to read all this crap out of morbid curiosity. Neither Beane no McD are idiots and it would take an idiot to pull some of the crap being speculated about in this thread. Unless you believe in dart board personnel management they seem to be doing the job they were hired to do, build a team. It was obvious to everyone Rex ruined a dominant 4-3 Defense. They addressed that. Our #1 WR couldn't stay on the field and was making money noise. They addressed that. Darby was a solid cover corner, but did poorly in zone schemes. They addressed that. It's obvious, for what ever reason, quarterback play is less than adequate. They give taylor a chance to elevate his game in a new scheme, bring in a high potential kid and secure ammo for the next draft if none of it works for taylor or Peterman. Situation addressed. Let's wait till the bye to crucify these guys. At least by they we'll have results and not conjecture to go on.

Sorry for the rant.

I agree with this. !

Sorry for the rant.

Or, Watkins had an injury that often takes two years to fully heal. He is elite when healthy; he is healthy. We bought high and traded low. Watkins, Matthews, and Jones sounds like a much better receiving corps, don't it? Peterman is not a high potential kid. He's likely a quality backup if he reaches his potential. Beane and McD do not have a track record, so whether one is optimistic or not, it is speculation either way. I think trading Sammy was foolish, but it isn't a bad year to be bad, given the quality of the 2018 draft. My guess is we are tanking without coming out and saying so and the new fellas feel they have the go-ahead from Terry and Kim to do so.

Let's always trade the rare good players we have for more picks, so we can use those picks on mostly bad players. Then with the one or two rare good ones, we can turn around and trade them for more picks that we waste on bad players. Let's just keep that cycle going and never win. Like our current reality. Or maybe we could actually try to identify the good players, and keep them? Maybe that's how teams get good? By keeping the players that can help you win

Why did we bring back Lorenzo Alexander? Or even Kyle Williams? Wtf was the point of bringing back an old, slow LB that doesn't fit the scheme? A guy coming off a history level career year and would be extremely overpriced? If all we are going to do is use this season to bring in draft picks, why do we have old guys on this defense? I hope the shady stuff is just a false rumor.

IMO, the Bills aren't deliberately tanking for the #1 pick. They're looking to shed as many high priced players as they dare while giving fans the impression that they are trying to build a winning team because they want to maximize profits. The Bills are profitable, but they're much more profitable when they shrink their player/coaching payrolls while still putting butts in the seats. This has been exactly what the Bills have done since Russ Brandon took over the running of the team in 2006, and he's still in charge of the team. McDermott is exactly the kind of modest credentialed HC that he Bills picked before the Pegulas went gaga over Ryan. Beane seems much like a figurehead like Levy was, which means decisions get made higher up the food chain for reasons that have nothing to do with winning football games and everything to do with cutting payroll. McDermott is just the sap who gets to try to figure out how to salvage something from the crap he has left to work with.

I'm not normally a paranoid type individual who sees conspiracies under every rock but with the Bills, I'm suspicious of every move they make because they've made so many that are so inexplicable for a team that is supposedly trying to build a winning team. Remember that Russ Brandon was the genius who dismantled the Florida Marlins the year after they won the 1997 World Series. That team went from the 7th highest opening day salary in 1997 to 20th in 1998. The Marlins won 92 games in 1997 in addition to the WS. In 1998, the Marlins won 54 games and finished 52 games behind, the worst record in history for a defending World Series champion. That was Brandon's claim to fame before he came to the Bills a few years later ... something he no longer includes in his on-line biographies/resumes.

I think that it's highly unlikely that the Bills trade Shady but I put nothing past the suits at OBD.

Just my opinion.

The McCoy rumors are not from insiders. This is just people throwing ideas out there. They are assuming that Buffalo is trading the farm becuase they traded an oft injured Wr in the last year of his deal. Imo Getting Matthews and Gaines limited the loss of both players. They got draft capital and did not take a big step back this year. Boldin retiring to me was just the realization he is not a starting caliber wr in the NFL anymore. Buffalo is not deep at wr and he is nothkng more than a slot guy. His pride told him to hang it up after watching the game film.

Edited by Mat68

Sorry for the rant.

Good post!