So Boldin retired?

Anyone else feel like they just got ditched by the popular girl at prom?

CBF

Yeah, but probably only because the most popular girl my senior year was a little too popular and got pregnant a couple months before prom.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need to over think this. He's 37 which is very old by NFL wr standards. He looked old, slow and sluggish last week. See's Sammy gone so he figures this is a rebuild year. Says Charlottesville was the final factor. We need young, hungry we who will compete for McD. This saves the team 4M.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I realize it's only one pre-season play...but that was one pre-season play for a 37 year-old guy who signed after much consideration and opted to retire 10 days later . if someone told me it was his first game back after a double knee replacement with complications, I might believe them based on this clip.

I think Miami is in for something similar, at some point, with Cutler. He had to be persuaded by Gase to play, despite being offered 10 mill gtd to play vs 500k for the cushy booth job. if you really have to deliberate that much, you are already fully "peace out" retired in your mind. He's Kyle Orton 2.0 and will pull a 3rd & p---- at some point this season.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I didn't get to see the game against the Eagles but most people on here said he looked very slow.

I think he might have seen film on himself and see's he's clearly lost another step. His body might have felt okay but the burst is just gone.

With his supposed passion on social issues....it was time.

He left because he realized that the Bills stink. The Watkins trade probably played a big part in it. Can't blame him.

I didn't get to see the game against the Eagles but most people on here said he looked very slow.

I think he might have seen film on himself and see's he's clearly lost another step. His body might have felt okay but the burst is just gone.

With his supposed passion on social issues....it was time.

Why would you say ' supposed' , do you think he's lying about it?

No one is giving Beane enough credit. He is a master conspirator. It's all been planned out the moment he took office. How to tank but still sell the season to gullible fans?

1. Don't sign key free agents in off season-Too expensive

2. Replace above in draft - cheaper and younger

3. Keep mediocre QB as best chance to win

4. Hype #1 wr before preseason.

5. Work out deal with future HOF to sign for a week and then retire

6. Get everyone excited for playoff run

6. Sell lots of tickets

7. Get everyone to buy in

8. Spring the trap and roll in the tank.

9. There's more to come.

;)

Beane is clearly in on the vast conspiracy started by Ralph (kept by Pegula) to screw Bills fans out of their money every year, without having to go through all the effort of putting a competitive product on the field.

Two preseason games in and you're ready to fire them? Is that a record?

Jethro isn't the only one. There's plenty of chicken littlin' going on here.

Yeah. Assuming he's ready to roll on week 1. Let us hope he is or we're really !@#$ed.

Serious question - what did you anticipate our record prior to trades?

Your prediction now?

How quickly can we fire Beane?

Would now suit you?

McBean came in and, despite their already thin margin for error, made it even harder for themselves right off the bat. For no reason.

I don't claim to be an "insider" but I'm confident saying he had reason.

My guess is that the Sammy trade drove him off. He has no desire to play for a 4-12 sh*tshow.

Yep - with Sammy, what? 12-4 and a spot AFC CG?

We are !@#$ed already. Who you kidding?

Pretty much the same prior to the trades as I see it.

Not the point.

Young, potential great WR traded away because our new genius GM knows more then everyone.

Bills will be Bills.

These guys won't be here more then 3 years Max. Count on it.

wrong

Edited by inaugural balls

Jethro isn't the only one. There's plenty of chicken littlin' going on here.

Serious question - what did you anticipate our record prior to trades?

Your prediction now?

Would now suit you?

I don't claim to be an "insider" but I'm confident saying he had reason.

Yep - with Sammy, what? 12-4 and a spot AFC CG?

Pretty much the same prior to the trades as I see it.

I don't think that anyone thinks that it makes a huge difference on this year's record. The Bills are definitely worse but not bad enough to pick first.

I just don't think it's a wise team building strategy to jettison an ultra-talented 24 year-old and a really good 22 year-old CB. Those are the guys that are a major part of your rebuild.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't feel sorry at all for McDermott or Beane. These two greenhorns think they can sell any ole' **** sandwich to players and fans. No one is buying it.

I believe there's a poll out around here that 2/3 say - yeah - we believe it.

I don't think that anyone thinks that it makes a huge difference on this year's record. The Bills are definitely worse but not bad enough to pick first.

I just don't think it's a wise team building strategy to jettison an ultra-talented 24 year-old and a really good 22 year-old CB. Those are the guys that are a major part of your rebuild.

Maybe - just not in their vision.

Not the end of the world as many here would have you think.

I believe there's a poll out around here that 2/3 say - yeah - we believe it.

Maybe - just not in their vision.

Not the end of the world as many here would have you think.

No one's debating that it's not their vision. We all just don't agree on how big of a deal it is. Personally, I think it's an awful decision. I loved what they did early in the draft and hated what they've done on the pro side.

How? Look back at last year. Sammy was out and I think the WRs even without Bolden are as good and perhaps better than last year. Darby and Gilmore replaced with a first round pick and a guy that plays zone coverage well.

I didn't like the Sammy trade because, if healthy, I think he'd be a force in this offense. But comparing to last year we have the same O line, same running attack with addition of the best blocking FB in the league. And the offense was top ten last year.

My biggest worries are Glenn and whether TT adapts to Dennison's offense. Those happen we should be in good shape, because I don't see teams running wild for over 200 a game against this defense.