Should the NFL do away with the national anthem?

Beast

I see Timmah Graham on Twitter today giving everyone a lesson on where the town of Amherst got its name.

Gonna be tough for Timmah to have to drive around Amherst in order to get things done. But hey...no Redskins, no Amherst. He's a real social justice warrior. :lol:

Maybe he'll pull a Chelsea Handler and have someone trace his own roots to see if he has to denounce himself.

Spoiler Alert: Handler found out her family tree had deep ties to Nazis.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because it was never this bad until BHO. He made them feel entitled to sprinkle their bias/ commentary into all news reporting.

Do you remember how the media covered the Bush administration? Liberal media bias has been around since at least the 1970's.

Nearly a dozen Cleveland Browns players knelt and huddled together during the national anthem before Monday evening’s preseason game against the New York Giants. According to Cleveland.com, players Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson, Jabrill Peppers, Christian Kirksey, Seth DeValve, Jamie Collins, Kenny Britt, Ricardo Louis and Jamar Taylor were the players who knelt near the bench. Additionally, the outlet reported, DeShone Kizer, Shon Coleman, Britton Colquitt and Jason McCourty stood by the protesting group. The Browns organization released a statement declaring the pre-game national anthem a “great tradition,” while adding that they “respect the personal liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/group-of-cleveland-browns-players-kneel-during-national-anthem

Nearly a dozen Cleveland Browns players knelt and huddled together during the national anthem before Monday evening’s preseason game against the New York Giants. According to Cleveland.com, players Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson, Jabrill Peppers, Christian Kirksey, Seth DeValve, Jamie Collins, Kenny Britt, Ricardo Louis and Jamar Taylor were the players who knelt near the bench. Additionally, the outlet reported, DeShone Kizer, Shon Coleman, Britton Colquitt and Jason McCourty stood by the protesting group. The Browns organization released a statement declaring the pre-game national anthem a “great tradition,” while adding that they “respect the personal liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/group-of-cleveland-browns-players-kneel-during-national-anthem

A disgusting display and the media incessantly cramming it down our throats as if it's a great thing is just as bad. No takes from the other side, just one sided drivel on shows that are supposed to be about sports.

What is considered to be conservative now that wasn't in the past? Have conservative principles and morality changed somehow?

In certain ways, the definition of neo-conservative changed drastically since the early 1990s.

In certain ways, the definition of neo-conservative changed drastically since the early 1990s.

What is considered to be conservative now that wasn't in the past? Have conservative principles and morality changed somehow?

Since the Reagan years power has been granted based on Conservative promises, they have had to realize that practical governing requires compromise away from lofty ideals.

Since the Reagan years power has been granted based on Conservative promises, they have had to realize that practical governing requires compromise away from lofty ideals.

The original statement was: "It's scary what is now considered conservative."

I asked: "What is considered to be conservative now that wasn't in the past? Have conservative principles and morality changed somehow?"

You answered with: "In certain ways, the definition of neo-conservative changed drastically since the early 1990s"

I didn't get the connection between my question and your answer, so I asked it again. Now you answer with:

"Since the Reagan years power has been granted based on Conservative promises, they have had to realize that practical governing requires compromise away from lofty ideals."

I'm not asking about definitions of neo-conservatism, power granted on "conservative promises", or lofty ideals.

What I'm asking is quite literally what has changed with regard to conservative morality and philosophy, and what the hell is so scary about it?

I like McDermott but when he says it is all about respecting one another then please respect the people who laid their lives down for this country and please respect the flag. When people sit down or raise their hands or in any way draw attention to themselves then they are being disrespectful and McDermott needs to get a pair and tell those idiots that.

Sorry Az, reeling from a bout with a stomach flu virus....

What has changed? The religious component is no longer as obvious as it used to be whether it was Catholic or Scottish Presbyterian or US Evangelical.

Sorry Az, reeling from a bout with a stomach flu virus....

What has changed? The religious component is no longer as obvious as it used to be whether it was Catholic or Scottish Presbyterian or US Evangelical.

Sorry you're feeling bad - stomach flu is as miserable as miserable gets.

My question is for Kemp. I'm not looking for anything insightful or intelligent by way of response. I just want to know what the hell is so scary about conservatism.

Sorry you're feeling bad - stomach flu is as miserable as miserable gets.

My question is for Kemp. I'm not looking for anything insightful or intelligent by way of response. I just want to know what the hell is so scary about conservatism.

Nazis.

Or so I'm told.

Maybe hurt feelings?

In contrast to Trump, Nixon was a great president.

Nixon would be considered a far-left president in today's Republican party and wouldn't stand a chance of being elected as a Republican, today. Nixon started the EPA. Trump has dismantled it.

It's scary what is now considered conservative.

Wait, what?

Not that Richard Nixon was a conservative, he wasn't, but before you say things like this you should really do some reading and learn about the original charter of the EPA under Nixon.

Trump's stated goal was to return the EPA to that original charter.

On the EPA, the two are exactly the same.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

A disgusting display and the media incessantly cramming it down our throats as if it's a great thing is just as bad. No takes from the other side, just one sided drivel on shows that are supposed to be about sports.

Simmer down snowflake.

It's amusing watching these snowflakes meltdown about the precious anthem, and their beloved 'beautiful' Confederate monuments.

Try as you might, you're not going to successfully transition the term "snowflake" to right-wingers, since it's indelibly linked to the leftist millennial SJW hissy-fit generation. Own it. Wear it with pride. You've earned it and you wear it well.