I'm getting sick at the calls

It's preseason. Ok. But I just tuned in for about 10 minutes of the game. Starting with the offensive pass interference on our tight end. Even the Philly announcers thought that was a bad call.

There was a punt by Philly that went out at our 11, and we got called for holding by #51, who was last seen jogging toward the action at the end of the play. Watched it 5 times, couldn't see an infraction.

There was a nice 20 yard fun by Banyard eclipsed by a holding penalty on #19, Powell. Replay shows no holding WHATSOEVER.

This was a span of about 10 plays.

The call on our rookie #75 on the field goal attempt, which was missed, cost us the game. The guy missed, and they called our guy for half the distance for, what, trying to block a field goal? They were given first and goal and got a touchdown.

Here's a picture of a play during which the Philly announcers praised the left tackle for outstanding blocking, and the running back for nearly making a first down (ended up 4th and 4). Anybody see a hold here? He's got both arms around our guy.

WTF

post-1610-0-20688500-1503114476_thumb.jpg

Edited by TC in St. Louis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ed Hauckley is notorious for thinking he is the biggest star on the field. He gives the most drawn out explanations for the penalties because I think he just likes the sound of his own voice which is evident from him not turning the mic off multiple times. The guy is a joke

Ed Hauckley is notorious for thinking he is the biggest star on the field. He gives the most drawn out explanations for the penalties because I think he just likes the sound of his own voice which is evident from him not turning the mic off multiple times. The guy is a joke

You mean Hochuli? Unsure if I've ever seen a name butchered worse than this one just was and I've seen a lot...

So, what you mean to be saying is that you watched a Bills game...

...par for the course.

It's easy to complain about calls against us, but it is obvious that small market teams without a franchise pocket passer don't get the calls. I am numb to it by now, and one of the most important factors in a game is who is the ref. Jerome Bogus or Hackuli mean we clearly will have to beat the opponent plus a horde of zebras.

So, what you mean to be saying is that you watched a Bills game...

...par for the course.

It's easy to complain about calls against us, but it is obvious that small market teams without a franchise pocket passer don't get the calls. I am numb to it by now, and one of the most important factors in a game is who is the ref. Jerome Bogus or Hackuli mean we clearly will have to beat the opponent plus a horde of zebras.

Don't forget Brady's good buddy Walt Coleman

I only saw a few minutes, too. And, caught the "leverage" penalty on Yarborough. Not that I care, but they could have shown another replay and explained how the rule works. Because I didn't see anything.

Hochuli's crew notoriously calls more borderline penalties than most officiating crews. The Bills have also seemed to become a magnet for such calls. I'm totally speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills had more "block in the back" penalties than any other team. Most of them are complete B.S. Teams can embellish against us (and other teams; we're certainly not the only ones) and get the call every time. It's going to take a lot of disciplined, sanitized football to reverse that. Meanwhile, the Pats will run a pick play with about 3 offensive line holds every single down and never get called. The NFL is very much a winner-friendly or sensationalist-friendly organization, and we haven't been either for two decades.

Testify!!!!!

Can't stand him.