Bills GM Brandon Beane 'annoyed' by tanking talk

YoloinOhio

@nfl.com

Bills GM Brandon Beane 'annoyed' by tanking talk

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829966/article/bills-gm-brandon-beane-annoyed-by-tanking-talk?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3daround-the-league%3bteam%3dbuf%3bconf%3dafc%3bdvsn%3dace%3bplyr%3danquan_boldin%3bplyr%3djordan_matthews&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

"I was very annoyed," Beane told Pro Football Talk on Tuesday. "...

The Bills aren't "tanking" the 2017 season, but the trades certainly didn't make them any closer to competing with the New England Patriots this year. The hope is those draft selections will help close the gap down the road. That's not tanking. It's team building.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be. Considering the WR he picked up has put up better numbers than the receiver he traded away. And the CB he picked up was on the all rookie team and was playing very, then had a down year after an injury. Really not much different than Darby's last 2 seasons.

There's a difference between understanding that your team isn't likely going to be competing for the Super Bowl this year and intentionally tanking.

Trading two players for other players and draft picks isn't exactly a fire sale...

Edited by Koko78

I don't know why this surprises or annoys him. He traded away a better CB & better WR for a lesser WR & a lesser CB along with draft picks. That certainly would fall to "team building" but when you trade away the more talented players you shouldn't be surprised that people think the goal is to win less games that year.

I don't know why this surprises or annoys him. He traded away a better CB & better WR for a lesser WR & a lesser CB along with draft picks. That certainly would fall to "team building" but when you trade away the more talented players you shouldn't be surprised that people think the goal is to win less games that year.

You're not paying attention football has nothing to do with talent.

They are "middling" it. Claiming to be in winning mode for the 2017 season while building for the future. It's a tough sell IMO.

He should be. Considering the WR he picked up has put up better numbers than the receiver he traded away. And the CB he picked up was on the all rookie team and was playing very, then had a down year after an injury. Really not much different than Darby's last 2 seasons.

I was thinking the same thing......... But around here it seems to be doom and gloom.....

It is officially Tin Foil Hat season.

Even when healthy Sammy was underutilized. Darby was a young talent but didn't fit in the Ginger Hammers scheme.

These two things does not mean the Bills are tanking.

Now, if they cut or tared TT I might change my mind. Until then I see no tank on the horizon.

This assumes Watkins is injured and misses half the 2017 season. Healthy he's going to dominate...assuming Goff can get him the ball.

This assumes Watkins is injured and misses half the 2017 season. Healthy he's going to dominate...assuming Goff can get him the ball.

well....

1. He's never not missed games.

2. Even at his healthiest he was barely better than Mathews.

3. Overall, Mathews has been more consistent, healthy, and he's done it with far less at QB than Sammy has

They are "middling" it. Claiming to be in winning mode for the 2017 season while building for the future. It's a tough sell IMO.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a veteran CB to a one year deal to enhance the sell.