Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Final Day

LMAO he won't lose the team. If he loses the team its because the players are weak. Trades happen all the time, don't want to be here then speak up and beane will ship your ass out.

it is WAY PAST TIME for this to be happening at OBD. Now I feel much better about this team going forward with how its being ran now.

Way past time to be out of control?

Did you even watch the last 2 seasons under Ryan? the penalties????

Edited by Figster

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking, right?

Fighting and scrapping after plays shows me a mentally weak team that has no focus. It's the exact reason that teams like NE and NYG got Rex's Buffalo teams to commit 15+ penalties and literally hand them the field position battle.

Sure, play pissed off from the snap to the whistle if that's what you need to do; maintaining focus and discipline at all other times is what prevents giving away games with penalties.

It's been 17 years of the same crap. I welcome the change. I think this will pull the team closer together. Sometimes you gotta punch your brother in the mouth (maybe not literally). Each side of the ball needs to know that each guy is willing to fight for one another. It's practice, of course I don't want them playing undisciplined during the game. I'm just happy that they're showing some passion out there.

LMAO he won't lose the team. If he loses the team its because the players are weak. Trades happen all the time, don't want to be here then speak up and beane will ship your ass out.

it is WAY PAST TIME for this to be happening at OBD. Now I feel much better about this team going forward with how its being ran now.

Exactly.

You're joking, right?

Fighting and scrapping after plays shows me a mentally weak team that has no focus. It's the exact reason that teams like NE and NYG got Rex's Buffalo teams to commit 15+ penalties and literally hand them the field position battle.

Sure, play pissed off from the snap to the whistle if that's what you need to do; maintaining focus and discipline at all other times is what prevents giving away games with penalties.

Gilmore and Edelman fought and were removed after practice last week.

I wouldn't say NE is mentally weak.

But I think you're taking it too far. This is the first camp for McD, first time with these guys and vice versa. Players get chippy, things get heated....they're tired of hitting their own teammates and I'm sure the trade is still on their minds to a certain extent. If this was a common occurrence, I'd be worried, but it's not. How McD handles it will tell us whether or not he has the team's attention. Also, many of these players had an undisciplined head coach the past two years.....I don't care if Coughlin was the HC, it'd be hard for any coach to come in here and not encounter these types of issues.

I'm unsure what I wrote that makes you think I'm taking anything too far.

When adversity hits is precisely when focus matters; anyone can be focused when things are hunky dory.

My response was to the poster that was apparently pleased with the scrappiness. Saying that it's understandable is one thing; lauding it as something long-missing from the team's mentality is another. It's incorrect, and the trait itself is counter-productive.

It's been 17 years of the same crap. I welcome the change. I think this will pull the team closer together. Sometimes you gotta punch your brother in the mouth (maybe not literally). Each side of the ball needs to know that each guy is willing to fight for one another. It's practice, of course I don't want them playing undisciplined during the game. I'm just happy that they're showing some passion out there.

See my point above.

Gilmore and Edelman fought and were removed after practice last week.

I wouldn't say NE is mentally weak.

It's different if it's an apparent isolated incident in practice.

By all accounts, this practice has been rife with fights, a player mouthing off to a coach, etc. That's a systemic lack of focus all-around.

You read about one incident with Edelman and Gilmore; you certainly did not read about either of the offending players mouthing off to Belichick or Matt Patricia.

Edited by thebandit27

I'm unsure what I wrote that makes you think I'm taking anything too far.

When adversity hits is precisely when focus matters; anyone can be focused when things are hunky dory.

My response was to the poster that was apparently pleased with the scrappiness. Saying that it's understandable is one thing; lauding it as something long-missing from the team's mentality is another. It's incorrect, and the trait itself is counter-productive.

I think, ultimately, whether or not it's beneficial to the team will be based on how McD handles it, and, how the players respond....not just in a press conference or interview but on the field. We'll see I guess. And maybe, just maybe, McD's practicing a little psychology on the team just to see how they respond. I'm fairly confident he knows what he's doing when he chewed their butts before hand.

Edited by Bills757

Not at all, this kind of stuff happens at Patriots practice all the time. BB sends the players home to cool off and no one is worse off for it.

What happened today?

Not that I'm aware of, but I don't pay that close attention.

See my point above.

It's different if it's an apparent isolated incident in practice.

By all accounts, this practice has been rife with fights, a player mouthing off to a coach, etc. That's a systemic lack of focus all-around.

You read about one incident with Edelman and Gilmore; you certainly did not read about either of the offending players mouthing off to Belichick or Matt Patricia.

Yeah there was a lot of fights but just a few years ago, the Pats and Bears got into it big time in a scrimmage. It was with another team but doesn't that give evidence of a "systematic lack of focus"?

Yeah Hughes probably couldn't play for Belicheck because he's undisciplined. But this isn't the first time a player as mouthed of...especially with Hughes.

It's not right but it happens. Even Ray Lewis had issues with Billick and Big Ben with his coaching staff as early as last year.