Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Final Day

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on if the locker room cancer claim is true or not.

The players on this team last year know first hand how they played better as a team without Sammy, too.

But maybe Sammy was well-liked and the offense was gelling and all of a sudden that got blown up and they are frustrated.

From Peter King's MMQB article:

The Watkins deal could hurt in the long run, for two reasons. He’s healthy this year after being plagued by a nagging foot injury. And the veterans on the Bills loved him, and won’t be happy with this deal. I can’t imagine LeSean McCoy singing kumbaya over this trade for the future. He wants to win now.

From Peter King's MMQB article:

I read that earlier, but don't think Peter King knows absolutely everything going on behind the scenes. He could very well be right, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that he's wrong. We've had board insiders bring information to light before that ended up being true so I always leave it open-ended until concrete evidence is available.

Objectively speaking, I think most people would concede that if you are a Bills player you are bummed that your potentially star receiver and solid DB have been traded. These are personal connections that they've made with one another, I mean I'm sure you guys read all the comments of the Philly players missing and being bummed about Matthews leaving. At the same time, they are all professionals and I'm pretty sure that they understand that this is the nature of the business.

ERIC WOOD: "PRACTICE GOT A LOT BETTER" (2:08)

Bills Center Eric Wood addressed the media after practice at St. John Fisher College topics include; the tone of practice, the execution of the offense, Head Coach Sean McDermott addressing the team in the middle of practice.

LORENZO ALEXANDER: "FINISH STRONG" (2:02)

Bills Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander addressed media after practice at St. John Fisher College topics include; the tone of practice, Head Coach Sean McDermott stopping practice to talk to the team, and competing against teammates.

BILLS TRAINING CAMP: DAY 13

tempIMG_0667--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

Check out photos from the 13th practice of 2017 Bills Training Camp, presented by Connors & Ferris.

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: A dozen observations from what was an intense #Bills practice today at St. John Fisher College.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/14/learned-bills-camp-day-14/

@viccarucci

#Bills' practice raises McDermott's ire, which then creates chippy tone. At [bN] Blitz:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/14/bills-practice-raises-mcdermotts-ire-creates-chippy-tone/

@WGR550

Chippy, Physical, Heated. Those were just a few words to describe today's #Bills practice. @pham1717 with more: http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/bills-mcdermott-had-stop-practice

@JoeBuscaglia

Day 14 = Fight Day. Also, Peterman stays with the 2s, Seymour's big role & J-Williams shines. 7 #Bills observations: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-buffalo-bills-training-camp-observations-day-14-81417

It just kind of seemed like they were going through the motions a bit, and Sean McDermott was not happy about it. He called all his players to the field and had them take a knee as he addressed every last one of them. In an animated, fiery, and stern talking to, the Bills head coach said he was unhappy with the attitude and body language, and urged to his team that they needed to do things the right way at all times. He urged the leaders of the team to do just that, hold each other accountable and yelled out that some of the players needed to step it up. There were also a few expletives thrown into the speech as well. Whatever McDermott did, it worked, and the rest of the way ended up being the most intense to date.

KEVON SEYMOUR: "ATTENTION TO DETAIL" (2:00)

Bills Cornerback Kevon Seymour addressed the media following practice at St. John Fisher College topics include; coming back to practice, playing inside or outside cornerback, and Head Coach Sean McDermott stopping practice and talking to the team.

TOP 3 THINGS TO KNOW FROM DAY 13 AT BILLS CAMP

mcdermott-8-14-story.jpg

Practice got off to a slow start and head coach Sean McDermott called his players on it. There were also some skirmishes late in practice and a spirited goal line period.

Objectively speaking, I think most people would concede that if you are a Bills player you are bummed that your potentially star receiver and solid DB have been traded. These are personal connections that they've made with one another, I mean I'm sure you guys read all the comments of the Philly players missing and being bummed about Matthews leaving. At the same time, they are all professionals and I'm pretty sure that they understand that this is the nature of the business.

This is all true and why there is no reason for the hysteria and speculation being thrown about, but rationality is no fun. They were having a bad practice, the coach straightened them out, and some players let their aggression and emotion get away from them a bit on the field. I am not sure I see how this is any different from any other training camp ever, except for the way MC D handled it, which I very much liked.