Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

The offensive production has been pretty consistent, very rarely being a let down but also never truly carrying us to a win when the defense was falling apart.

And that is the crux isn't it? We can blame the D for losing us games but we must also credit the D for winning us some. Until TT and his offense win us some games the questions will remain IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is the crux isn't it? We can blame the D for losing us games but we must also credit the D for winning us some. Until TT and his offense win us some games the questions will remain IMO.

It most certainly is the case. My post was more directed at the 4th quarter comeback stat being used as some end all be all. Heck, week 16 should have been #3 in 2 years if the D/ST doesn't blow it in 80 seconds.

Like we looked at in the topic I started earlier this summer, I credit the O with 0 carries and 3 letdowns and I credit the D with 6 carries and a league high 9 letdowns. The team has been nuts!

:lol: and now he's reposting in every thread like it's somehow relevant :doh:

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Peterman is going to be a good one.

Yates sucks.

TT is very unlikely on team next year.

the bills are using a first round pick on a QB in 2018......likely both of them in a trade up.

No real evidence of that to this point. How about seeing him play against a higher QoC with more complex coverage schemes?

Having a 5th round Nate Peterman doesn't stop you from drafting someone too. Takes QB's a few years to develop. You need to hedge your bets

Brady was passed 5 times as I recall ... Russell Wilson was the 6th QB taken in his draft (we took the illustrious TJ Graham WR NC State 7 picks earlier that year in round 3) ... Kirk Cousins .. same draft class next round ... with your logic ... unless you're a first rounder ... you can't make it .. I respectfully disagree ... Dak Precott as a recent example.

I have to agree with kdiggz and WideRightRevenge's logic here. The round you take a player has no bearing on his success. While I many not include Cousins in the list, I certainly agree with the point being made, and it works both ways. Look at Ryan Leif and many other high draft pick failures.

Even if Perterman works out and really starts to develop, you still REALLY don't know what you have yet. And that is why you're still going to draft a QB high in the first round (hedging your bets as kdiggz said). If both turn into studs, you have great trade bait out of one of them.

Edited by BigPappy

I hope Peterman can develop into a decent backup . Draft a QB high in 2018 and have him develop behind Taylor for at least a season. Carry those 3 QBs on the 53 in 2018. Wishful thinking at this point

I hope Peterman can develop into a decent backup . Draft a QB high in 2018 and have him develop behind Taylor for at least a season. Carry those 3 QBs on the 53 in 2018. Wishful thinking at this point

If Peterman continues to show up well and a quarterback needy team inquires abut taylor, they'll have to listen. No matter what, taylor is gone next year.

If Peterman continues to show up well and a quarterback needy team inquires abut taylor, they'll have to listen. No matter what, taylor is gone next year.

Based on they put language in his contract to walk out without much of a cap hit.

If he doesn't step up this season, he will be gone.

That's not a no matter what scenario. The Bills may still need him to be a caretaker QB for another year contingent upon the readiness of Peterman (should he continue to develop sufficiently) or a 2018 1st round prospect.

$9.5M per year over 2018 and 2019?

His cap hit will be $18 million next year.

If they move on from him, it's an $8 million dollar cap hit.

That's not a no matter what scenario. The Bills may still need him to be a caretaker QB for another year contingent upon the readiness of Peterman (should he continue to develop sufficiently) or a 2018 1st round prospect.

Nothing is set in stone so you're right.

However I believe they put in a walk away clause for a reason. I don't think they want to have a $18 million dollar cap hit with him if he doesn't really step up.

I'm not married to peterman in any way whatsoever. Draft another one. Don't want to blow our shot because we were set on trent edwards, JP losman, or EJ manuel.

The out is decent, I just don't want to use the 10 mil savings to bring in a Tannehill or McCown type. Seems like we're just getting worse.

His cap hit will be $18 million next year.

If they move on from him, it's an $8 million dollar cap hit.

Nothing is set in stone so you're right.

However I believe they put in a walk away clause for a reason. I don't think they want to have a $18 million dollar cap hit with him if he doesn't really step up.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Proclaiming he won't be here is incredibly sill and premature.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Proclaiming he won't be here is incredibly sill and premature.

IMO, the walk out clause in his contract and the moves we made recently....is writing on the wall.

Is it premature? Probably...it's just my opinion now.

If TT steps up, specifically throwing from within the pocket, my tune will change.

IMO, the walk out clause in his contract and the moves we made recently....is writing on the wall.

Is it premature? Probably...it's just my opinion now.

If TT steps up, specifically throwing from within the pocket, my tune will change.

We're closer than you think. I'm of the opinion that they'll keep him until someone takes his job. Even if he remains the same Tyrod we've had for the past 2 years I think he'll be here until someone on our roster proves to be better than him.

Some people will never learn, until he proves otherwise (multiple times) he's just the most recent Trent Edwards - Ryan Fitzpatrick, I don't see a reason for overwhelming hope. You Peterman truthers can think Lucy is going to keep the football there this time, but I'm not falling on my back yet again. I don't believe he has the arm talent to be a "franchise" QB. I hope he works out, but to project him as anything but a good backup at this point is a fools errand.

What does 'struggling' entail? If struggling involves a QB on our roster outperforming Tyrod then I'd expect him to be gone. I don't see that happening, but stranger things have happened.

Struggle as in general. Has a poor season overall. I don't think they're going to want that much of a cap hit with a poor season.

It's not a good idea to over pay for production.

Struggle as in general. Has a poor season overall. I don't think they're going to want that much of a cap hit with a poor season.

It's not a good idea to over pay for production.

I mean, I pretty clearly stated he'd need the same level of play he has been providing. You think he needs to take a step forward to stay, I think he can be who he has been and stay. Neither of us think he can regress and stay.