Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

If Matthews and Gaines are both healthy and good starters I'd be ok with the trades. Having Boldin for a year or two makes a difference also.

I guess Darby was more man coverage and Gaines more zone like McD wants ?

Still without Gilmore and Darby looks risky for now.

Edited by ALF

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's hard to stomach It was probably a good move for the future. I'm more so relieved to see the powers that be make decisions based on their expertise on making the team relevant instead of making moves to sell tickets

Yep. No doubt at all now that Russ Brandon isn't involved in the football operations anymore.

@adamschefter

Rams GM Les Snead said LA is interested in signing WR Sammy Watkins to a long-term contract, though the two sides are yet to discuss a deal.

Looks like they see him as more then a rental.

I hope that they do. I would hate to have Sammy end up in New England or something haunting us for years. Just stay in the NFC West where we only have to see him every 4 years.

Darby has shown the potential to be great. Had a down year last year, but he has been a top 10 CB before. We get back a CB coming off of the same injury as Watkins. It's taking a flier on a guy and get a 2nd. Watkins is a potential superstar in this league and is a clear cut #1 WR. We get back a WR who was 4th on the depth chart in Philly and has reportedly battled knee issues to "replace" him along with a 3rd. The picks are nice as we now have two 1sts, two 2nds, and two 3rds in 2018, but none of that means who we get will be upgrades. Matthews could also be just a rental as he is a FA at the end of the year. Darby doesn't bother me as much as shipping out Watkins. Darby for a 3rd and Matthews, even if it is a rental, was a quality trade when you look at it from top to bottom. Watkins, who is a true #1 WR, for a CB coming off of the same injury as him and a 2nd? That's the one that gets me. You all can try to argue it however you want, but I don't like it. We created another hole and our talent level dropped. Now none of us know anything that had gone on behind the scenes and it is possible they escalated to what we saw yesterday. That's the only thing that would make sense to me.

The Rams 2nd rounder is the 37th pick.

That gives the Bills what essentially amounts to three first-round picks in the 2018 draft,

Hell, ours is likely top 40ish at this point, may as well call it 4 first rounders if just making up fun things to say

The Rams 2nd rounder is the 37th pick.

That gives the Bills what essentially amounts to three first-round picks in the 2018 draft,

Where are you getting these numbers ?

Assuming rams will stink ? Not gonna improve w Sammy and Woods as opposed to Tavon Austin and the poo poo platter ?

Beans mentioned resign ability. If I didn't think I would be able to keep Watkins after this season, absolutely make the trade.

Which is a huge reason why I'm sure they did it. With Watkins, it's sll about health and the ability to re-sign. We can only assume they were uncomfortable on both fronts.

Where are you getting these numbers ?

Assuming rams will stink ? Not gonna improve w Sammy and Woods as opposed to Tavon Austin and the poo poo platter ?

ESPN. Bill Barnwell

Winners and Losers article.

The bottom of the page

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20313763

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Let's go on record as to our feelings on the deals today. There are no bs in between answers either. It is a yes or a no. If you were the GM and had the exact same deals on the table would you have made the moves? We are not seperating them out either because they are tied together.

After the 5th year was declined, they would have been morons not to get assets for Sammy. Maybe they franchise him one more year and we go 19 years without playoffs.

The only way you can be mad about this is if you actually thought this was a playoff team right now.