Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

@NFL

How 'bout that new @RamsNFL Big 3 1f440.png

DG-jB6VWsAYSc9M.jpg

McVay will definitely know how to take full advantage of Watkins by matchup and scheme.

Thats the one silver lining for me...I love watching Sammy play, even in college. So as a Rams fan when I was young, I always liked to see them do well when not playing the Bills. Kind of like how I am a die hard Laker fan too, but having grown up in Nor Cal I always had a soft spot for GSW and Kings, except for when they play the Lakers.

I think the Rams could be a lot of fun to watch this year if Goff is ready. Although that OL sucks pretty bad, so that also needs to improve for the young QB to stay upright lol

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to breakdown the trades better honest. Letting Darby go is not that huge of a concern to me personally on a rebuilding team as I feel his skill set could be replaced. Don't want to get going on Gilmore as he should still be a Bill as well.

Letting Watkins go for a 2nd rd draft pick is an absolute typical OBD cluster F for a rebuilding team. Looks like we will waste 2 first round picks on WR (starting with last draft) over a 3 year span on WR now

Only thing this coaching staff has demonstrated thus far is Chip Kelly 2.0.

RIP to our former 1st and 2nd rd picks: Buffalo Bills FARM team for the NFL lives on...

Watkins

Darby

Gilmore

Woods

Nope, but on a season average - so unless you believe Sammy is gong to stay healthy - which he has not done yet - Matthews has been the more productive pro to date.

YPC: 11.9 for Matthews vs. 16.1 for Watkins. Matthews has played in 9 more games and only has two more TDs. That's not what I call being more productive. With the 2nd surgery, I do believe SWAT will finally be healthy and be a beast in LA.

YPC: 11.9 for Matthews vs. 16.1 for Watkins. Matthews has played in 9 more games and only has two more TDs. That's not what I call being more productive. With the 2nd surgery, I do believe SWAT will finally be healthy and be a beast in LA.

You would think that would be enough for people, but they will still argue against those facts and try and rationalize Jordan to be similar to Sammy even though Sammy is substantially more talented. Spot on though 26

Again, I think the trade may help, but still in show me stage... they, the Bills, need a number 1 QB, and until then, or if these trades help them get one, I'm more of the opinion... meh. That being said, hecku of a risk by McBean. No guts no glory. As McDermott said he didn't sleep last night... can understand why. The question then becomes, with Williams running well, do the Bills consider offers for Shady and if so what would the asking price be? 2 firsts, a 1st and a player?

You would think that would be enough for people, but they will still argue against those facts and try and rationalize Jordan to be similar to Sammy even though Sammy is substantially more talented. Spot on though 26

:thumbsup: It's pretty clear that Matthews isn't in the same league.

I would say over 3 years if a guy has more catches per season, more yards per season, and more TDs per season - that he is more productive - yes.

Is Sammy the better player - yes, but as he has not been healthy for a full season - he has never lived up to that potential.

It is great that you think Sammy will be healthy - the issue is the you THINK. He has not been healthy since he started and there are many players that never really recover after that injury. There are also some players that do. It is a risky proposition to assume he will stay healthy and if you can get a player that has put up better numbers during the same number of years in the league - it is not bad to look at.

I also think the QB play in LA is going to be bad - I think Watkins will at best be average with that team - and will be looking for a new team in 2018 and the Bills will have gotten something p, while the Rams will lose him for compensatory picks.

:thumbsup: It's pretty clear that Matthews isn't in the same league.

Shady, today, in response to the trade...

“[There’s] obviously a difference,” McCoy said. “If you compare the two, it’s obvious you can agree who is better.”

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/11/bills-lesean-mccoy-obvious-difference-between-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews/

And Shady played with and likes Matthews.

I would say over 3 years if a guy has more catches per season, more yards per season, and more TDs per season - that he is more productive - yes.

Is Sammy the better player - yes, but as he has not been healthy for a full season - he has never lived up to that potential.

It is great that you think Sammy will be healthy - the issue is the you THINK. He has not been healthy since he started and there are many players that never really recover after that injury. There are also some players that do. It is a risky proposition to assume he will stay healthy and if you can get a player that has put up better numbers during the same number of years in the league - it is not bad to look at.

I also think the QB play in LA is going to be bad - I think Watkins will at best be average with that team - and will be looking for a new team in 2018 and the Bills will have gotten something p, while the Rams will lose him for compensatory picks.

The only thing that gives Matthews greater "productivity" in terms of the accumulation of raw numbers is more games because of Sammy's foot injury last season. A fair comparison would be looking at their 1st two seasons where Sammy was more productive despite less targets.

The Rams will either tag Watkins or extend him.

Shady, today, in response to the trade...

“[There’s] obviously a difference,” McCoy said. “If you compare the two, it’s obvious you can agree who is better.”

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/11/bills-lesean-mccoy-obvious-difference-between-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews/

And Shady played with and likes Matthews.

It's really not even an argument for anyone who's an honest broker.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I dislike the Darby trade and outright hate the Sammy trade.

I can get on board with rebuilding this year and trading players this season for future picks, but not when the players we're trading are 24 and 23 years old and one is a potential superstar. And not when it means making it more difficult to properly evaluate Tyrod. I thought the most important thing for the Bills to do this year was give Tyrod a full year with no excuses and see how badly we do/don't need a QB next year. If Tyrod has an average season this year throwing to a bunch of slot receivers after losing his best weapon three weeks before the opener it makes that evaluation more difficult. That alone is worth something. The only thought process behind this that made any sense to me was maybe they knew Sammy wasn't going to re-sign here next year. But after hearing Beane say in his press conference that he hadn't talked to Sammy about re-signing and didn't know if Sammy wanted to stay in Buffalo, now I don't know what to think other than I have serious concerns about the new GM. I think Darby and especially Sammy should have been pieces to build around for the next 10+ years.

I think this will turn out as bad or worse than the Jason Peters trade.. It's hard to see right now how a 2nd round pick brings more value to the team than Sammy Watkins.

The only thing that gives Matthews greater "productivity" in terms of the accumulation of raw numbers is more games because of Sammy's foot injury last season. A fair comparison would be looking at their 1st two seasons where Sammy was more productive despite less targets.

The Rams will either tag Watkins or extend him.

It's really not even an argument for anyone who's an honest broker.

It's not even close. In a lot of drafts there is not even one player in the entire draft who is a consensus star. In Sammy's year he was the only player. The year after I don't think there was one. This year's draft there was not one.

Stupid trades (and they have to be looked at in combination). We're looking at years of JauronBall where character is prioritized at the expense of talent and the Bills squeak to 6-10 with "good guys who play the game right."

My greatest fear with this McBeane regime.

I said yes I think this hurts us now but with Sammy injury problems qb questions and how long would he be here as well you don't normally win bc you have a star WR making tons of cash

Darby fell off and idk if he was in the plans anyways

Sucks tho bc we lost 2 players we hoped would be the future and now and have 2 guys coming in we have no connection (we always hope our draft picks make it)

Overall trades seemed pretty even tho

Stupid trades (and they have to be looked at in combination). We're looking at years of JauronBall where character is prioritized at the expense of talent and the Bills squeak to 6-10 with "good guys who play the game right."

And Carolina won with Cam Newton, Josh Norman, Steve Smith, etc.