Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are posters on this site whose opinions I respect more than others, and many of them voted no. I'm not "fluffing" them (I'm sorry, but another childish observation), I was responding to someone who referred to them as "IDIOTS." I did so, not to defend the posters whom I respect, but to point out the idiocy, posted without a shred of irony, of making such a claim.

I would also like to see a return to civility on this site, but that's really an afterthought.

When was this site ever civil? In fact, it's probably more civil now than when I started here. Obviously you missed out on BF in Indiana, ICE, njsue, Hogboy and so on.

Football doesn't work that way. When he's out, he contributes NOTHING.

You don't get to look at a game he had two years ago and apply it to this year.

That's just downright shortsighted. Not surprised though. Jordan Matthews is a pretty good possession receiver who's not even close to Sammy Watkins in terms of talent. Football players sometimes have serious injuries that they recover from. See Dez Bryant and Julio Jones as exhibit A examples. Watkins is now healthy and ready to live up to his potential with LA as the beneficiaries of his talent.

When was this site ever civil? In fact, it's probably more civil now than when I started here. Obviously you missed out on BF in Indiana, ICE, njsue, Hogboy and so on.

I have been browsing these boards, pretty much daily, since 2012. There have always been trolls, and malcontents. But, the tenor has declined significantly this year.

Perhaps you have trouble recognizing civility?

I have been browsing these boards, pretty much daily, since 2012. There have always been trolls, and malcontents. But, the tenor has declined significantly this year.

Perhaps you have trouble recognizing civility?

Man I've been here since 1996-7 I think. Back then there wasn't moderation. We self-moderated,and it was less civil than it is now. Ask any of the old timers. But despite that...it was better.

Edited by joesixpack

How likely did you think a 2017 playoff birth was yesterday?

How likely tonight?

Yesterday - legitimately 0%

Tonight - still 0%

They were not beating the Pats either way. So they were fighting for a wildcard from the get go with essentially and 0-2 record. They would of needed to go 10-4 and with or without Watkins that was not going to happen.

At worse they went from an 8-8 team to a 7-9 team.

Really think they have a vision and Sammy was not part of that vision.

Man I've been here since 1996-7 I think. Back then there wasn't moderation. We self-moderated,and it was less civil than it is now. Ask any of the old timers. But despite that...it was better.

I think I know what you mean. There have been guys who were downright douchebags, but were at least douchebags with passion, and a modicum of football knowledge. I won't mention names, but I'm sure you could come up with a few. I just don't care for the stupidly rude insults. I'm never impressed with someone who confuses blithe, internet-cliched insult with debate.

Nope, but on a season average - so unless you believe Sammy is gong to stay healthy - which he has not done yet - Matthews has been the more productive pro to date.