Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

And Carolina won with Cam Newton, Josh Norman, Steve Smith, etc.

... And neither McDemott nor Beane drafted them. Christ, McDermott was in Philly when Newton was drafted. Smith was drafted ages ago anyway, and long before either Beane or McDermott were there. Plus they let Norman and Smith go while they were still good!

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've continued to support the team through 17 tough years. I believe we were closer than most people realized. Now forget it, 2-14 here we come. I realized earlier this year that Andy reid is a moron and I guess McD is definitely a disciple. I wasted 900 on tickets for the Panthers game. It's made worse by what we got in return. Reminds me of getting robbed in the Jason Peters trade and getting less for Lynch than the Pats got for Marone. I've already gone on the record stating Pegula is RW 2.0. What a bunch of morons. Wake me up when we hire our new GM and Coach. Bring back Whaley who comes out ahead on trades and find some way to fire Pegula. too bad the last one isn't possible. damn Russians and Bush.

Edited by manbeast

And Carolina won with Cam Newton, Josh Norman, Steve Smith, etc.

Valid point, but I don't think Sammy played with half the edge Smith did. And Cam is an up-and-down performer who lets his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

I don't believe in character over talent as a principle, but I also think that if Watkins had the production that OBJ or Evans has had, we wouldn't have let him go.

Valid point, but I don't think Sammy played with half the edge Smith did. And Cam is an up-and-down performer who lets his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

I don't believe in character over talent as a principle, but I also think that if Watkins had the production that OBJ or Evans has had, we wouldn't have let him go.

I don't think that was dog's point, although I could be wrong.

... And neither McDemott nor Beane drafted them. Christ, McDermott was in Philly when Newton was drafted. Smith was drafted ages ago anyway, and long before either Beane or McDermott were there. Plus they let Norman and Smith go while they were still good!

Not true. Newton was drafted in 2011, McDermott's was hired January 2011.

Of course not, but if either of those two were injured and Sammy wasn't, he would have put up their production with worse quarterbacking. And all indications are that he is completely healthy.

I don't think that was dog's point, although I could be wrong.

I thought Dog was pointing out that Carolina was best with non-character guys leading the way.

McDermott would have had 0.0000% influence on that draft pick though.

Absolutely, just setting the facts straight.

Not true. Newton was drafted in 2011, McDermott's was hired January 2011.

My mistake. Regardless, he surely wasn't involved in that pick at all.

I thought Dog was pointing out that Carolina was best with non-character guys leading the way.

But they let those guys go! Letting Norman go was a disastrous move for them.

Agree. We burned the first bridge by not taking the fifth year. Then we get rid of him for questionable value in return. If they hit home runs in the 2018 Draft I'm sure I'll feel better but right now this sucks. I'm also convinced Sammy will be a Patriot next year.

I hope so and I hope he torches this team every year til this regime is gone.

Yes, that is what I meant. McDermott and Beane came from a team where most of their best and most influential players were not the kind of guys they are insisting on now.

My mistake. Regardless, he surely wasn't involved in that pick at all.

But they let those guys go! Letting Norman go was a disastrous move for them.

Yup. More evidence it doesn't make any sense.

Yes, that is what I meant. McDermott and Beane came from a team where most of their best and most influential players were not the kind of guys they are insisting on now.

Yup. More evidence it doesn't make any sense.

I agree, but I don't think McDermott or Beane had as much sway as Rivera and Gettleman. Hard to know who was responsible for letting Norman and Smith go. $15m for a corner is a lot of money too, though they still offered him a high tender of $13+m for the one year.