Bills trade Ronald Darby for WR Jordan Matthews, 3rd rd pick

YoloinOhio

Darby can play. Matthews isn't good. Let me ask you this: which organization is consistently better, Buffalo or Philly? I think we both know the answer to that.

I don't know.....neither team has won a Super Bowl.

ok...we did good! lol

We are looking at a possible Top 3 pick with the tank in full effect on this team. I can also see KC having a 7-8 win season which bodes well for us as well. I expect the hammer to drop on others as well like Wood, TT, Shady are all in play. The 3rd Rd comp pick will happen when Holmes, Tolbert and Hodges get cut. Quite the surplus going into next year's draft. Will it amount to anything? Stay tuned.

I'm fine with this deal...not thrilled, but ok.

The Watkins trade was complete garbage, however.

I totally agree... trading up in the draft to get Watkins was a mistake.

big-troll-smiley-emoticon.jpeg

I like the trades. Darby had zero picks last year and had a bad year. Who really knows how Sammy's foot is? I'm leaning toward our new coaching staff, who know a lot more about these two than us. Darby wasn't a good fit for zone. Sammy wasn't a good fit for contact. It will be a fun year for sure.

What i like most about these trades tho is they help us both now and in the future. We added high draft picks for the future. But we also get more productive players for the current team. As Gaines and Matthews have been more productive than Watkins and Darby.

It basically boils down to this:

If the Bills end up getting a true bonafide franchise QB next year, then the trade ends up being the best move this franchise has done in a very long time.

We have two first round and a second already. If the Bills get a true bonafide franchise QB next year the best move would have been to pair him up with a bona fide superstar WR.

We have two first round and a second already. If the Bills get a true bonafide franchise QB next year the best move would have been to pair him up with a bona fide superstar WR.

That is if you are thinking this to be in a vacuum. There are more variables than that, maybe this trade makes us worse than we would have been, which is very possible.

Hypothetically speaking, if we end up being a 4 -7 win team, that enhances our odds of getting the franchise QB that we want. Maybe with Sammy we would be a 6-9 win team, which would decrease our odds of getting that franchise QB.

Either way, if we end up getting that franchise QB, most people will look back at the moves this franchise made in 2017 as the beginning of it all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That is if you are thinking this to be in a vacuum. There are more variables than that, maybe this trade makes us worse than we would have been, which is very possible.

Hypothetically speaking, if we end up being a 4 -7 win team, that enhances our odds of getting the franchise QB that we want. Maybe with Sammy we would be a 6-9 win team, which would decrease our odds of getting that franchise QB.

Either way, if we end up getting that franchise QB, most people will look back at the moves this franchise made in 2017 as the beginning of it all.

Hey! There's no room for logic here! Haven't you heard? The sky is falling!!

People in Philly are going "Ok, seriously, what's wrong with that we don't know about? Because no one trades their #1 CB a month before the season for Jordan Matthews. I mean, he's a contributor, but we are absolutely a better team after this trade"

So now we have three slot WR and no one who can stretch the field deep. FML