Mitch Trubisky's debut...wow

eball

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is the sort of debut you'd like to see from your 1st round QB.

In my opinion this blows away what Deshaun Foster did against the Panthers Wednesday night.

Think you meant Watson, but, yeah Mitch looked good. Actually, Kizer settled in nice and threw some really nice deep balls. Rooks have looked pretty solid for pre-season.

Think you meant Watson, but, yeah Mitch looked good. Actually, Kizer settled in nice and threw some really nice deep balls. Rooks have looked pretty solid for pre-season.

lol, yep. Fixed.

Do you know what the funny thing was....Peterman, Trubiski and Watson all played the same exact way.

Is that the new standard for qbs or just rookies? Leave the pocket and make a throw, stay in the pocket if its a one read option.

Edited by Ramza86

Do you know what the funny thing was....Peterman, Trubiski and Watson all played the same exact way.

Is that the new standard for qbs or just rookies? Leave the pocket and make a throw, stay in the pocket if its a one read option.

Teams want to evaluate players on an even playing field. They normally just call basic coverages and defenses. The offense doesn't call very sophisticated plays. Have the qb make basic throws and see what they have.

Watched it. live was an absolute stud. Didn't look out of place specially his 2 min drive at end of half when 4-4 24 yards and a TD against Den 2s.

No way can Bears say Glennon and Sanchez are still better than him, he should start next PS game

Teams want to evaluate players on an even playing field. They normally just call basic coverages and defenses. The offense doesn't call very sophisticated plays. Have the qb make basic throws and see what they have.

Which is why a performance like Trubisky's is so impressive. Damn, the kid is accurate. And mobile.

Watched it. live was an absolute stud. Didn't look out of place specially his 2 min drive at end of half when 4-4 24 yards and a TD against Den 2s.

No way can Bears say Glennon and Sanchez are still better than him, he should start next PS game

By the way, please don't take my comments in your other thread personally. Not really directed at you specifically -- your thread just happened to be the one that drew my attention. Sorry.

Edited by eball

Didn't see it but supposedly DeShone Kizer looked good too. So that's 4 rookie QB's that had solid debuts. Things will change of course when teams start game planning.

he has been very inconsistent in practice. Looked better last night but it won't be hard to win that QB competition.

I'm starting to hate the preseason. :)

I'd go to the first preseason home game when I had seasons, then realize this wasn't much but it was fun for the first half.

Then I'd try to give away my second game ticket to anyone around me who wanted it, free.

Didn't see it but supposedly DeShone Kizer looked good too. So that's 4 rookie QB's that had solid debuts. Things will change of course when teams start game planning.

Kizer took awhile to get into it. Was very very shaky at start but played much better as got more comfortable

Detroit a few years ago:

4-0 pre-season

0-16 regular season

enough said.

the only thing you can take away from a pre-season game is injuries.

this is like saying the Pats need to trade Gronk to make way for Jake Hollister because he just had 7/116 in pre-season game 1

Edited by Runninrams