Carucci article on Eddie Yarbrough

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a small school, unheralded, blue collar, high-motor, overachiever, earning his opportunity. Should we put him on the Wall of Fame this year or wait until next? ;)

What happened to his lunch pail?

Nice article by Vic.

Easy to root for a guy like Yarbrough. Awesome attitude.

Somebody in another thread asked, "Who's this year's Lorax?" Yarbrough gets my vote - not in the sense that I expect him to be a Pro Bowler. But I hope he surprises some people by how good he is, even as a backup.

Really hoping he can take the 3rd DE spot and run with it. Cutting Ryan Davis seems to be a very popular move due too the comp pick sitch. Yarboroughs presence could allow that to happen. Get yours young man

Can black people have high motors? I thought that wasn't allowed. Maybe they changed it when I wasn't looking.

Good read. Gotta root for the kid. He sure has a chance with our lack of depth and a great DL coach to learn from who likes him.

Yarbrough's a sneaky athlete that really brings his lunch pail to work. As a coach's son he's got great fundamentals, and really plays the game the right way. He's a gym rat with a high football IQ, and deceptive speed. It also seems he has a lot of heart, and I would love to have his cerebral headiness on this team.

Totally unnecessary comment...

It's a running joke on here. It's a lazy stereotype that analysts slap on white players (blue collar, lunch pail, high motor, etc...). It's code for "he doesn't have a lot of talent but he tries hard." It's been applied to guys like Kyle Williams who is a freak athlete. He didn't get this far because he "gives 110% every play." He got here because he's one of the most talented players in the world.

It is very rarely applied to black players. The stereotype is that the white player made it this far because he tries hard and the black player made it this far because of his ability. It's poking fun at how ridiculous and asinine that theory is. Everybody that has made it to that level, especially from a non-Power 5 school has earned it. They all work extremely hard and they all have great attributes. Yarbrough is the exact type of player that we as Bills fans love. He's Fred Jackson. He is Steve Tasker. He's an overachiever that has earned his opportunity.

Yarbrough's a sneaky athlete that really brings his lunch pail to work. As a coach's son he's got great fundamentals, and really plays the game the right way. He's a gym rat with a high football IQ, and deceptive speed. It also seems he has a lot of heart, and I would love to have his cerebral headiness on this team.

:)

It's a running joke on here. It's a lazy stereotype that analysts slap on white players (blue collar, lunch pail, high motor, etc...). It's code for "he doesn't have a lot of talent but he tries hard." It's been applied to guys like Kyle Williams who is a freak athlete. He didn't get this far because he "gives 110% every play." He got here because he's one of the most talented players in the world.

It is very rarely applied to black players. The stereotype is that the white player made it this far because he tries hard and the black player made it this far because of his ability. It's poking fun at how ridiculous and asinine that theory is. Everybody that has made it to that level, especially from a non-Power 5 school has earned it. They all work extremely hard and they all have great attributes. Yarbrough is the exact type of player that we as Bills fans love. He's Fred Jackson. He is Steve Tasker. He's an overachiever that has earned his opportunity.

:)

well said. some people get so sensitive its ridiculous. the one phrase you forgot for the white guys is "knows how to play within his limitations" i first heard that about Kelso and it gets thrown around on espn all the time.

i still dont know exactly what it means...