Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

Good God with these arguments.

Would you argue Fitz had more to do with the offensive success in 2011 than Fred Jackson?

Yes, I would. Fitz had 647 attempts to Fred's 220. He contributed comparably on a yards per attempt basis over significantly more attempts, and more TDs. Fitz also contributed a lot of turnovers that year though, which should probably be factored in.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article was not analytical, outside of mentioning his awful stats from last year. One of your problems is you don't understand what people say.

Did my previous post mention anything about what analytics guys are saying?

And yet here you are talking about posters and problems understanding...

Good God with these arguments.

Would you argue Fitz had more to do with the offensive success in 2011 than Fred Jackson?

Yes! Of course he did! And the Bills offense was alright that year, nothing special. They were 14th in PPG, 16th in DVOA, 12th in YPA. But yes Fitzpatrick was more responsible than any RB. That will always be true.

Maybe it's just me... but I'm kind of sick of the back and forth on Tyrod. It really doesn't matter too much what he was before, or "may" learn or "won't" learn. We're going to find out in what - a month?

Just watch the show and we'll know. The debate has merits on both sides, and I'm pretty sure we've heard every argument imaginable. He doesn't throw with anticipation, he holds the ball, doesn't throw over the middle, doesn't hit receivers in stride or whatever. He also makes plays out of nothing, has a good arm, floats some nice deep passes, and has deep value as a runner and decoy in the option game.

If he doesn't become the guy - we move on. If he does, hopefully we still draft someone. In the end, he's starting this year and is by far the best option available... so what are we arguing about?

Cheers :beer::thumbsup:

I disagree that this is not an offense suited to Taylor. I think it's likely to be perfect for him.

First, this offense requires a simple read and throw. It's decision making that a good athlete like Taylor can learn. Look for a key; if you see it, throw it. It really isn't anticipation. It's recognition and reaction, and those are athletic skills.

Second, it's an offense based on stretch runs to the outside, and that's an offense that leads to moving pockets and rollouts. Those are strengths for Taylor.

Third, the stretch runs, with zone blocking, also fit his running style.

I think people will be surprised at how well Taylor runs the offense.

Yes, I would. Fitz had 647 attempts to Fred's 220. He contributed comparably on a yards per attempt basis over significantly more attempts, and more TDs. Fitz also contributed a lot of turnovers that year though, which should probably be factored in.

And Matt Barkley versus Jordan Howard last year?

Did my previous post mention anything about what analytics guys are saying?

And yet here you are talking about posters and problems understanding...

You said you know Wentz will show he is better than Tyrod this year. I responded by saying no analytics guys that I know believe that is true. You responded with an NFL.com article abour his offseason work and where he needs to improve which has nothing to do with what I said.

Did I miss something?

Oh you know not much, some recipe sharing, Tyrod bash/defending, and trying to figure out if aliens exist; what about you?

just trying to clean up some paper work, deciding if i should love/hate tyrod, and wondering what i should grill tonight.

....spotting and trusting receivers was an epic EJ failure.....probably TT's last chance to get "IT" and it's good he is under Dennison's tutelage..........hope he does....if not, he'll probably be a traveling journeyman in the $5 mil/yr range with his "wheels" earning a longer look and consideration IMO...........

Anticipation?!? We already knew this was one of his core issues.

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

I know, this is Unreal. Does anyone in the godamn universe not already understand Tyrod doesn't throw with anticipation??

It's his combination of good decisions wrt turnovers, great deep ball and icredible mobility to extend plays that to this point have situated him as a decent NFL QB.

If he could accurately and consistently deliver anticipation throws too, they be carving his canton bust already.

And it's not digital. You can do it better and do it worse. Some are exceptional- Peyton & Montana ... some are just ok... Luck. Some are inconsistent or the WRs are... Rodgers & Rivers. Some were poor at it but had rifle arms so admidst the picks, were their gunslinging successes..Favre and to some degree Kelly. Then you have Brady who already decided which of his 4 shifty slot receivers would be open in less than 2 seconds and delivers it to the exact right spot they rehearsed 407 times...

TT isn't the only NFL pro QB that is weaker in the category and even the best took years of starting to get there.

Hey...as long as they are making him do it in practice he can only get better at it.

Reps, reps, reps, reps.

The issue he is not doing it consistently in practice - if he was then the OC would not be talking about once again.

There are times at practice you can see him thinking about it, but more often than not - the throw goes outside to the WR moving side to side.

He makes the safe play - that is not always wrong, but it also means plays are left all over the field.

Peterman does not have TT talent or arm strength, but you see it already he has the anticipation- the issue is in the NFL the DBs are better than college and you see him them get better breaks and a few more picks than TT.

I know, this is Unreal. Does anyone in the godamn universe not already understand Tyrod doesn't throw with anticipation??

It's his combination of good decisions wrt turnovers, great deep ball and icredible mobility to extend plays that to this point have situated him as a decent NFL QB.

If he could accurately and consistently deliver anticipation throws too, they be carving his canton bust already.

And it's not digital. You can do it better and do it worse. Some are exceptional- Peyton & Montana ... some are just ok... Luck. Some are inconsistent or the WRs are... Rodgers & Rivers. Some were poor at it but had rifle arms so admidst the picks, were their gunslinging successes..Favre and to some degree Kelly. Then you have Brady who already decided which of his 4 shifty slot receivers would be open in less than 2 seconds and delivers it to the exact right spot they rehearsed 407 times...

TT isn't the only NFL pro QB that is weaker in the category and even the best took years of starting to get there.

....so the $64,000 question is his anticipation deficiency correctable/repairable and trainable?...if so, is Dennison the right guy because I don't see too many more chances league wide for the kid to get THIS....he is certainly NOT to only NFL QB to have this weakness....Steve Young (yup, HIM; he would know IMO) said it best with, "the reason why more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed is because of the speed and complexity of the game at the NFL level"....not sure how you refute that.............

Americas Got Talent comes on later tonight.

I was at tonights episode when they taped it back in like May! I know we got caught on camera some times...they break the taping up for the audience into 2 separate tapings where one group sees the first half and the other group sees the second half of the performers. We unfortunately were not in the half that got to see the golden buzzer so my girl feels jaded hahaha.