Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the QB is the most important in all of sports. That doesn't mean a bad/limited QB is the most impactful player on the offense. It just means you better find a better QB and soon.

So we come back to the same question I asked earlier, and then clarified for you. Do you believe that the player who touched the ball 291 times was more integral to the success of our offense last year than the one who touched the ball 573 times? Again, that's not including handoffs for the QB, that's how many times each player had their number called on game day.

And yet, you are all over Wentz and just know his flaws will be improved in 2017, but TT flaws, are not fixable. OK . TT has been an NFL starter for less than two seasons and is better than Wentz at this point.

Wentz was a mechanical mess last year. If he improves that stuff he will be fine. He has tons of weapons now, and a bit more of a west coast offense to help him rack up stats.

But a guy with a weird motion, who dropshis arm slot, throws off his back foot, and overthrows passes by 10-15 yards, will not be good in the NFL.

So we come back to the same question I asked earlier, and then clarified for you. Do you believe that the player who touched the ball 291 times was more integral to the success of our offense last year than the one who touched the ball 573 times? Again, that's not including handoffs for the QB, that's how many times each player had their number called on game day.

I believe you can't be giving the ball to a limited player 573 times because in the end it negatively impacts your win/loss total. It's year 7 and another OC is speaking to attempting to teach Taylor to throw with anticipation. In short, teaching him to throw a football to a moving target.

A little late for that. If the plane was coming it would have landed by now.

Which means they are playing .500 ball.

Without a middle of the road QB we could possibly have Goff or Wentz or some other game changer.

There are two sides. Those who think we can do it without a Franchise QB and those who think we can't.

I'm in the later category.

How are you consistently managing to quote a previous post, add nothing, then actually reply to that quoted post with your thoughts 3 to 5 messages downstream? How?

I have no idea. He looked awful after the first four games. I guess he passes the "eye test" for some folks.

Yeah Wentz played great his first few games and everyone got on the hype train. Then coverage stopped as the Eagles slid hard and Wentz played terrible. I have posted about him many times. After his first 4 games he threw 9 tds and 13 ints. In 12 games. That is just terrible. He had a fantastic defense last year. This year the Eagles went out and got him some weapons. Will be interesting to see if he progresses or regresses but more on that in a minute...

Ok TT gives exactly same play as last year. Who here is picking up the option.

Me. The Bills are set up to keep TT next year AND draft a young guy early. If TT plays like last year I would draft a guy and keep TT around. Let the young guy either beat him or sit for a year and learn. Win/Win.

You have no love for those two QBs. This is just an attempt to derail the starter that the Bills have. Which is why I suggest to take the season off. It's obvious you will be rooting against him. And the Cutler of today, and Wentz with what he has shown, both are not better than TT. This has been proven by posters other than myself.

Ryan indeed loves himself some Wentz. He and I have a bet about TT and Wentz's performance. See my sig if you are on anything other than mobile.

So don't worry about his opinion he clearly doesn't know QBs. :nana: (that's for you Ryan CoT forever! :lol: )

Tyrod is the starter for better or worse. No point on fighting over it. Just sit back and see how it plays out. If he plays great then everyone gets what they want. If he sucks or stays the same then we'll probably be going all in on a QB next draft.

Edited by Bangarang

How are you consistently managing to quote a previous post, add nothing, then actually reply to that quoted post with your thoughts 3 to 5 messages downstream? How?

Wondered that myself.

Can you stop telling lies and stories ever ?

Everyone here knows I love Wentz and Cutler, I expect Wentz to carve it up this season with ease.

The bills are in qb purgatory and I don't care about any of the 3.

You're an obsessed loon, leave me alone and try to refrain from the theoreticals. I'd advise you to not advise me on anything ever anywhere.

The meltdowns this season are gonna be epic.

And you are looking forward to the Bills losing and TT playing terrible so you can be right. I don't know that you love Wentz and Cutler. pretty convenient if you ask me. You said everyone so maybe some posters can back you up on this.

Sure there would be, if there were such a poster. I'm not aware of any "pro Tyrod" (aren't we all "pro Tyrod"?) who take it to the degree that Bobby does, where they're hijacking threads left and right to discuss their unabashed love of TySquared.

There are such posters. I will leave it at that. But as a moderate who sits more on the Tyrod sceptic side of the debate there definitely are such posters and both sides have been as bad as each other in creating these ridiculously circular arguments.

I don't know a single analytical football guy that thinks Wentz is anything more than a longshot. Only casual NFL fans think he looked good his rookie year because casual fans only remember the first 4 games. On the year he had a passer rating of 79.3, a YPA of 6.2, a TD% of 2.6% and an INT% of 2.3%. Those numbers should look familiar to you because they are EJ Manuel bad.

Here is film of all his interceptions:

https://vimeo.com/216598171

Watch that video and honestly tell me you expect this guy to be a decent player in the league. His throwing motion is bad which is why he throws passes too high all the time. He wasn't good last year and if he makes it after looking that bad it will be a surprise.

Of course you don't actually care about Carson Wentz nor do you have any kind of informed opinion on him, you just take any opportunity you can to trash Tyrod.

I commend this post to the board. I went back and did some Wentz study a few weeks ago and whilst it isnt all bad there is a lot there that should scare Eagles fans.

I don't know that you love Wentz and Cutler. pretty convenient if you ask me. You said everyone so maybe some posters can back you up on this.

Yea Ryan's love for both is well documented.

There are such posters. I will leave it at that. But as a moderate who sits more on the Tyrod sceptic side of the debate there definitely are such posters and both sides have been as bad as each other in creating these ridiculously circular arguments.

I commend this post to the board. I went back and did some Wentz study a few weeks ago and whilst it isnt all bad there is a lot there that should scare Eagles fans.

Yea Ryan's love for both is well documented.

Thanks. Have no idea why.

Wondered that myself.

And you are looking forward to the Bills losing and TT playing terrible so you can be right. I don't know that you love Wentz and Cutler. pretty convenient if you ask me. You said everyone so maybe some posters can back you up on this.

Leave me alone weirdo. You're a Tyrod stan who tells fables.

There's nothing more to add. I will enjoy being right, it's not rocket science.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Look up a couple posts from this one. He and I have a bet this year for who will have the better:

Total yards (rushing and Passing)
Completion %
Yards Per Attempt
Total TDS (rushing and passing)
Ints (can do int % to take into account attempts your call)
QB Rating
Yards per game (combined total)
7 categories no ties. Wentz vs. TT with the only caveat being injury voids the bet. He will die on the Wentz hill!

Ok TT gives exactly same play as last year. Who here is picking up the option.

There is no "option". There is just year 2 of a 2 year deal that pays him (I think) $18m in 2018. Even as someone who believes there is next to no chance he is long term answer I think if he performs the same again then you keep him for that year draft his replacement in the 1st and let that guy sit and learn for a few weeks before throwing him in. If the rookie decisively beats Tyrod out in camp - great... you know he has beaten out a legit NFL starter not a bloke who can't even stand up on a mat. But unless Tyrod wows me in 2017 and proves beyond doubt to be a franchise guy then 2018 should be his 4th and final season on the Bills.

Look up a couple posts from this one. He and I have a bet this year for who will have the better:

Total yards (rushing and Passing)

Completion %

Yards Per Attempt

Total TDS (rushing and passing)

Ints (can do int % to take into account attempts your call)

QB Rating

Yards per game (combined total)

7 categories no ties. Wentz vs. TT with the only caveat being injury voids the bet. He will die on the Wentz hill!

Tom Brady's coach and Alshon Jeffery/Torrey Smith = Woooooooooo!