Dolphins sign Jay Cutler

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Jayson Taylor thought he stole 8 mil from Snyder????...........

Dolphins sign Jay Cutler

by Kevin Nogle@thephinsider

Aug 6, 2017, 1:53pm EDT

On Sunday, the Miami Dolphins signed quarterback Jay Cutler according to Ian Rapaport of NFL Network. According to Adam Schefter, Cutler deal is one-year for $10 million.

Is he expected to play the whole season? I'm surprised they didn't make this a two year deal with the second year voidable. Evidently they don't expect Tanny back this year.

Guess I'm in the minority that feels unphased by this signing.

He had a better offense in Chicago with Marshall, Jerffery, Bennett, and Forte.. yet we still beat them.

He didn't have Gase as his playcaller. I think he may be an upgrade over Tanny if Gase gets it right. Otherwise, the Dolphins will be a mess. Hopefully they have it sorted out by the time they play the Cheats.

I was listening to Sirius and they said they wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start week 1, but somewhere between weeks one and 4. Needs time to get ready. Kind of like Orton. I think Cutler has talent and is capable of putting up numbers, but something is missing with him mentally. He's intelligent, but I don't think he has Football IQ and he's not a true competitor and it shows. I don't think leading the fish to wins is his top priority, and that will show itself like it did with Orton when he slid like a kitty. There's so much more to being a successful NFL QB than a good arm and talent. He doesn't have all the pieces.

I was listening to Sirius and they said they wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start week 1, but somewhere between weeks one and 4. Needs time to get ready. Kind of like Orton. I think Cutler has talent and is capable of putting up numbers, but something is missing with him mentally. He's intelligent, but I don't think he has Football IQ and he's not a true competitor and it shows. I don't think leading the fish to wins is his top priority, and that will show itself like it did with Orton when he slid like a kitty. There's so much more to being a successful NFL QB than a good arm and talent. He doesn't have all the pieces.

probably one of those guys that likes the prestige of playing QB but doesn't like putting in the work to play the position well.

Are you guys thinking about the same J Cutler I am?

Obviously not. That guy is thinking of the franchise quality Jay Cutler that only exists in the imagination of some fans.

Though I don't see Cutler as a guy who is upper echelon, he is better than Tannehill imo. He also had arguably the best year of his career under Gase's tutelage in Chicago.

Which is why no one signed him and he retired. He's too awesome.