Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

15 hours ago, T&C said:

Wow, had no idea. Yeah, his voice is better suited to the blues for sure. After Chris Youlden he's my favorite Savoy Brown singer... have an autographed album of Raw Sienna signed by him and Kim Simmonds at a concert in Tampa, early 90's.

One other tangentially-related short-time stint that surprises people is that at one point before his hand got mashed and he was forced to tune down his axe to loosen the strings, Tony Iommi was a blues man who needed to pay some bills and was briefly the lead guitarist of… Jethro Tull?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/3/2022 at 4:47 AM, Ralonzo said:

One other tangentially-related short-time stint that surprises people is that at one point before his hand got mashed and he was forced to tune down his axe to loosen the strings, Tony Iommi was a blues man who needed to pay some bills and was briefly the lead guitarist of… Jethro Tull?

This one I know about, what a difference a year back then made.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:01 AM, muppy said:

this song swings I find my hips swaying in my seat as Im listening 🙂

I cant speak for everyone but these times we are living in are stressing me out. Music is a great diversion I really hope this thread keeps legs especially now.-m

Like unpredictable clockwork, this song pops back into my head from time to time... and here it is again!  So far, the stories keep ending, but they never really do.  Love your avatar. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Pete said:

BOOM Pete talk about being real and straight up making it plain~~~~this is the kind of rap I like, its not graphicly sexually vulgar and its relatable to anyone male or female

On 3/3/2022 at 1:47 AM, Ralonzo said:

that intro though LMAO..lookie lookie....haha-m

17 hours ago, Pete said:

another one with the intro LOL cool band. Ima gonna ask Nate if he knows this band. and if not pass it on. He's a dj he prolly does know them he knows a LOT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Like unpredictable clockwork, this song pops back into my head from time to time... and here it is again!  So far, the stories keep ending, but they never really do.  Love your avatar. 

good music doesn't need to be overporduced and Large to make an impact. Give me a sweet voice, a strumming guitar and c ool lyrics Im sold 🙂

I like this avatar too thanks.  I remember buying them from farm stands around batavia and they looked just like this...not all crimped inward but circular and wild.

good to read u mate :-)-m 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Ian Thornley has a voice eerily similar to Chris Cornell and his guitar work is insane.  Criminally under recognized band that's been around 25 years.

25 years? damn and to still be together and making music is a Feat! A lot of folks are in bands when young and then eventually get married and hopefully a job with benefits to live a comfortable more secure life. Do music on the side. I know a lot of folks like that. It is not easy to survive as a musician unless signed to a label and tour. Some bands I know are like super popular in countries outside of the USA like Europe or elsewhere so that helps too.

On 3/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, Pete said:

I spoke to nate today direct quote "I love Kyuss" then proceeded to tell me about the guitarist from this band who went on to found Queens of the Stone age. Primo stoner rock and clearly both very famous and well known bands. Brushing up my musical IQ lol.... u would love my son. Peas and carrots musical freaks LOL-m

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, muppy said:

I spoke to nate today direct quote "I love Kyuss" then proceeded to tell me about the guitarist from this band who went on to found Queens of the Stone age. Primo stoner rock and clearly both very famous and well known bands. Brushing up my musical IQ lol.... u would love my son. Peas and carrots musical freaks LOL-m

Nice.  I’m sure me and Nate would be buddies-one, he’s your son, two he loves Kyuss,  three he loves vinyl, and if he loved the Bills that would cement our friendship.

Guitarist Josh Homme was 19 years old when he confounded Kyuss around 1990.   Kyuss put out 4 great albums, then disappeared.  Their second album, Blues For The Red Sun is a seminal album.  While the rest of world was hooked on grunge, Kyuss slowed down, played louder and heavier, and created musical sub genre Stoner Rock.  They are hugely respected today, and much more appreciated than 1990

Josh Homme has Midas touch with music.

He started Kyuss, then Queens of the Stone Age, and then as side project Eagles of Death Metal.  On that EodDM video I linked above, guitarist Josh is playing drums, he is so talented 

I always like to hear what Josh Homme, Jack White, Jeff Tweedy are playing, and listening too.  To me, those are probably the 3 best songwriters today

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pete said:

whoa this guy has MOVES dayum!..I saw him when he was much older and a lot less agile. He was the warmup act for the Pretenders. A band I loved back in the day. Chrissy Hynde actually made a point of literally kissing the stage and said "I kiss the stage iggy Pop performs on" Im like NO CHRISSY he SPIT  ...nasty....ackkkkk.....lmao. true story

• Like (+1) 1

Youth of America
Is living in the jungle
Fighting for survival with the wrong place to go
Youth of America
There's pressure all around
The walls are coming down the walls are crumbling down on you
It is time we rectify this now
We've got to feel it now
Got to feel it now, now, now...
Whoa!
They attack you from the right side
Down the left side
Down the middle 'til you don't know who you are
Stick around because it don't really matter
They'll try to put you 6 feet under the ground
We've got to heal it now
Got to heal it now, now, now...
Whoa!
We've got to save it now
Got to save it now, now, now...
Whoa!
(Whisper)
The rich get richer and the poorer get poorer get poorer...
Now there's no place left to go...
Got to get off this rot...
You don't want to be born here again?
I don't want to be born here again...
Man, this just ain't no existence...
Beware of those guys in disguise...
We're living in the jungle, fighting for survival
Can't wait much longer, hurry...
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
Take the risk...
Let it expand your imagination...
Take it...
We have no place left...
No place left
No place left
No place left to go
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...
They attack you from the right side
Down the left side
Down the middle 'til you don't know who you are
Stick around because it don't really matter
They'll try to put you 6 feet under the ground...
We've got to feel it now
Got to feel it now, now, now
Whoa!
Youth of America
Youth, youth, youth, youth, youth, youth, youth, youth
Youth of America
Youth, youth, youth, youth, youth, you, you, you...

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

haha Nice 🙂 New music for me. I took notice of the album title "Gretchen goes to Nebraska" and out popped THIS lol I havent heard or thought of this song in years. to me thats funny and another reason why I like this thread @Joe in Winslow

On 3/12/2022 at 12:09 PM, muppy said:

haha Nice 🙂 New music for me. I took notice of the album title "Gretchen goes to Nebraska" and out popped THIS lol I havent heard or thought of this song in years. to me thats funny and another reason why I like this thread @Joe in Winslow

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I get an Alice in Chains vibe

Kind of forgot about King's X for years before posting on Friday. Listened to the full Gretchen album since . I forgot how much I liked it - worth a listen if you like the opening track.