Tannehill down non contact injury

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. i feel bad for the kid. from watching Hard Knocks the year they drafted him, he's seems like a good guy

2. Tannehill is like our situation with Tyrod...he is good but is he good enough? probably not but what other options are there

3. Lol at Matt Moore fans. you guys will see that this guy is slightly above average as a backup and very below average as a starter

4. i hate to see other players go down with injuries but this should mean a sweep of the Dolphins and Jets for us. that's 4 wins. we just need to find 5-6 more.

All it will take is a.500 record in the remaining games to get us into the playoffs

1. i feel bad for the kid. from watching Hard Knocks the year they drafted him, he's seems like a good guy

2. Tannehill is like our situation with Tyrod...he is good but is he good enough? probably not but what other options are there

3. Lol at Matt Moore fans. you guys will see that this guy is slightly above average as a backup and very below average as a starter

4. i hate to see other players go down with injuries but this should mean a sweep of the Dolphins and Jets for us. that's 4 wins. we just need to find 5-6 more.

All it will take is a.500 record in the remaining games to get us into the playoffs

the one thing I remember from Hard knocks that year was that matt Moore unexpectedly learned he had to start a preseason game and he was unprepared and not the least bit excited.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well. 6-6 in games not involving the Jets and Fish. The odd thing is that the Bills play the Fish in weeks 15 and 17. Pretty good bet the Fish are already long out of the playoff hunt by then. They might even be on their 3rd QB.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well. 6-6 in games not involving the Jets and Fish. The odd thing is that the Bills play the Fish in weeks 15 and 17. Pretty good bet the Fish are already long out of the playoff hunt by then. They might even be on their 3rd QB.

I hear NYE in Miami is wonderful, or at least it could be this year.

Yeah, but odds are we are going 0-2 against the Pats* which means we now need to go 6-4 in non-division games

Yeah, but odds are we are going 0-2 against the Pats* which means we now need to go 6-4 in non-division games

You never know. Pats*** are in weeks 13 and 16 so a lot will have happened by then.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-tannehills-reportedly-significant-knee-injury-didnt-have-to-go-down-like-this/?ftag=SPM-05-10abb2i&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5984be5604d301214b4831e7&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

The Dolphins elected to allow Tannehill to rest and recover from the late-season injury instead of undergoing a surgical procedure in early December. There is no hindsight here: having the ACL surgery before the 2016 season ended would have had Tannehill prepared to play by the time training camp rolled around in 2017. We have seen examples of quarterbacks recovering quickly from such injuries, including Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco in the last five years alone. The ACL is a fickle beast, but it is a treatable issue if you have enough time.

Miami had time, and Tannehill had time. Maybe they hoped he could recover in time to play in the playoffs. Maybe the partial tear was not significant enough (a weird thing to say) that rest and recovery could help Tannehill get back in time for full offseason activities. That feels as short-sighted as the Colts believing Andrew Luckcould recover from a shoulder injury over the course of two years instead of biting the bullet and having a surgical procedure done.

It's particularly bizarre given the wording used by one source to ESPN's Adam Schefter, who called Tannehill's knee a "ticking time bomb."

Wouldn't it make sense to have the Spanish speaking students have an only English curriculum? They don't need to learn Spanish, they already know it.

Unless you're saying the non-spanish speaking students learning Spanish.

I used to teach in Los Angeles. The curriculum were English only because there was no need to have Spanish when it was the dominant language.

Possibly. The central point is that the reason they do not have bilingual education is political. Completely political, not pedagogical.

In terms of literacy development, all of the most recent research shows that dual language programs allow for a much faster and higher level of English literacy when taught with the second language. See Ofelia Garcia's research on translanguaging, for instance.

My wife teaches at Cal State San Marcos in the dual language department and the overwhelming majority of scholars (including those at San Diego State) oppose a strict separation of languages because it actually inhibits the learning of the second language. In fact, that is why Prop 58 passed this year.

In Miami, the mention of this research is controversial. See the research of Drs. Eric Dwyer, Ryan Pontier, and Phillip Carter, all of whom are on the Miami Dade County TESOL board.

Wow. I don't know how much his TV contract is worth, but the fish will have to significantly beat that if they want Cutler to play. I hope they do. :-)