Just lost respect for Mike Florio-

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure his quotes were about New Era Field, not about leaving Buffalo. He's not being vague at all...

Exactly what I thought. Fiori interpreted it as leaving Buffalo instead of leaving the stadium for a new one

True. Well objectively speaking, there needs to be a stadium plan in the works in about 2 years' time. That means architectural and environmental etc drafts need to start working soon. Buffalo could use more downtown redevelopment.

I'm in Finance/Economics sphere. Southern Ontario is one of the most economically dynamic areas in North America. Despite Nafta I don't know why Buffalo has never been able to link up economically. Same goes for Detroit. Pegulas probably have an architect and engineering firm in employment already.

Why does there need to be a new stadium? So they can sell a bunch of PSL licenses?

Florio wants the Bills to leave WNY so badly that it's making him delusional again.

During the sale of the team he was so giddy that maybe it could go to Toronto. Then it was LA.

The man just cannot accept that the Bills are staying in WNY. The day a new downtown stadium is announced in Buffalo he might actually cry.

Cry? Hell he will likely be the first live person to have themselves cryogenically frozen with clear instructions to thaw him out when Bills announce plans to move to other city.

It's different cities, fellas.

"In the aftermath of the 1980s antitrust litigation, the League operated as if the cross-ownership ban was still in effect, but authorized occasional exceptions (e.g., permitting Wayne Huizenga to own both the Miami Dolphins and Florida Marlins, and permitting Paul Allen to own both the Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazers). The League codified this approach in an amendment to its Constitution and Bylaws that allows cross-ownership in another major league sports team in two narrow circumstances: (1) if the two franchises are in the same city, or (2) if the other leagues franchise is in a neutral market, defined as one that doesnt currently host an NFL team and is not deemed a potential NFL city."

It's s joke... Kinda like deers or F5.

How much of the media's messaging nowadays ISN'T agenda-driven?

God. I hate the media. And, I used to really have so much respect for it.

Usually a response is preceded by a question. I dont see the question that illicited this response. Anybody know what the question was?

I heard this part of the interview.

First he was talking about upgrades for the arena. And, when pressed he said something about the mayor and he are talking, but he doesn't want to do anything through the media. Then, somebody asked about a downtown stadium..........And, he said something like he's not even thinking about it. There's plenty of time. The state made great improvements to the stadium and we're enjoying them. Why would we move right out after these upgrades? The lease isn't even up until 2023.

Then some dbag asks Well, what about the out clause in 2018? Terry said what I thought - What, where are we going to go? (Obviously there is no time to have a stadium ready by then). And, either the same dbag or another said "Another city" and Pegula wasn't even thinking that and just "Oh, no" It wasn't even a thought at all - you could tell.

That turned into:

Asked about an out clause that is triggered in 2018, Pegula was pragmatic.

“Where are we going to go?” he said.

For now, nowhere. Eventually, however, that could change."

Guest NeckBeard

What are you basing this on? Having lived there I can tell you, the demographics stink. Tons of people, not a lot of money. And it's die-hard Cowboys country.

Population, and the fact that they almost (permanently) got a team a little over a decade ago during/after Katrina. Also this is a decent article on the subject.

I also forgot to add that the league could always steer another team back to St Louis, although getting a new stadium is probably a non starter -- since the existing one isn't paid off yet.

Im thinking the league will, before long, see the Jaguars to London.... and then create an expansion-derby. Pit cities/ownership groups in like Toronto, San Antonio, San Diego, Orlando, and St. Louis against one another to see who can get the nicest stadium with the most favorable tenant options.... complete with a multi-billion dollar expansion fee

other than that, the league lacks ready-to-move franchises

Guest NeckBeard

Im thinking the league will, before long, see the Jaguars to London.... and then create an expansion-derby. Pit cities/ownership groups in like Toronto, San Antonio, San Diego, Orlando, and St. Louis against one another to see who can get the nicest stadium with the most favorable tenant options.... complete with a multi-billion dollar expansion fee

other than that, the league lacks ready-to-move franchises

Think Brexit for a second. Currently airlines are disrupted because of the "what?" factor of Brexit, much less how the NFL would approach the issue. Oh, sure, a few years ago it seemed like the NFL was going to power into the UK, and it was just a matter of when. But now? I think the dynamic has completely changed.

I'm shocked! You actually had respect for Florio?

This is the the most shocking thing about this. Who the hell reads florio for anything other than to laugh? He's the eklund of the NFL. Throws everything at the wall to see what sticks.

God. I hate the media. And, I used to really have so much respect for it.

I heard this part of the interview.

First he was talking about upgrades for the arena. And, when pressed he said something about the mayor and he are talking, but he doesn't want to do anything through the media. Then, somebody asked about a downtown stadium..........And, he said something like he's not even thinking about it. There's plenty of time. The state made great improvements to the stadium and we're enjoying them. Why would we move right out after these upgrades? The lease isn't even up until 2023.

Then some dbag asks Well, what about the out clause in 2018? Terry said what I thought - What, where are we going to go? (Obviously there is no time to have a stadium ready by then). And, either the same dbag or another said "Another city" and Pegula wasn't even thinking that and just "Oh, no" It wasn't even a thought at all - you could tell.

That turned into:

Asked about an out clause that is triggered in 2018, Pegula was pragmatic.

“Where are we going to go?” he said.

For now, nowhere. Eventually, however, that could change."

Thank you. We all knew it had to be something like that but it is nice to actually see it.

Any word on if fat drunk Kraft was there with his hand up the bag reporters' behind?

We are all fooling ourselves if we think the other owners, in particular, Jones, Snyder, Kraft , and McNair won't keep trying to get the Bills to move. They are dirt bags for life. It won't work but they will keep trying.

....you seem to forget that the "little purple pill" ensures these "urinalists" at least four hours to rip the Bills with their heightened testosterone....> four hours and they have to call their gynecologist, right??........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy