Watch this kid.

UB program profile:

High School: A four-year starter for head coach Matt Koziak at Mona Shores High School… threw for 4,491 yards and 50 touchdowns and rushed for 1,064 yards and 13 touchdowns over his junior and senior seasons… Detroit Free Press ranked him as the 38th best prospect in the state of Michigan… named first-team All-State as a senior… finished his career in the top five in state history in career touchdown passes, completions and passing yards… led the Sailors to the state championship game his senior season – their first appearance in nearly 50 years… also played basketball at Mona Shores.

So this guy was a 4 year starter! (a good thing) and 38th ranked prospect in Michigan. A very good football talent state.

who had offers from Ferris State and Tennessee State

So again, how did he NOT land in a major program?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UB program profile:

So this guy was a 4 year starter! (a good thing) and 38th ranked prospect in Michigan. A very good football talent state.

QB is a fraternity in HS, College and the Pros.

If you aren't part of "the circuit" you get overlooked. It is much more common in like California but he probably didn't go around to all the national QB camps so he lacks the notoriety because USC, UCLA, Miami, Mich, etc all recruit QBs out of the circuit

I've only seen him once and it was ugly. Nothing at all screamed good CFB QB, let alone NFL.

Maybe I just saw a bad game.

I saw just about all their games. Yeah he's inconsistent but IIRC he was a true freshman. Let's see if he makes a 2nd year jump in productivity. Good to see he worked to get in better shape and improve his speed. His size and raw talent are comparable to Cam.

I saw just about all their games. Yeah he's inconsistent but IIRC he was a true freshman. Let's see if he makes a 2nd year jump in productivity. Good to see he worked to get in better shape and improve his speed. His size and raw talent are comparable to Cam.

He was a Redshirt freshman

How did Khalil Mack end up at UB?

I just watched the 2008 MAC championship when UB beat #12 Ball State 42-24. David Letterman was so pissed he spent his next show ragging on Buffalo.

The trio of Willy, James Starks and Naaman Roosevelt were the best in school history.

Didn't Mack end up there because he was planning to be a basketball player until a major injury derailed that and he started playing football very late in the process leaving him few offers as a 2 star recruit

I'd be curious if you shared the story on why this kid didn't get better looks still.

UB program profile:

Maybe he was looking for a school that allow him to play right away?

UB program profile:

He was a 2 - 3 star QB prospect (Rivals 2* 247 3*). I don't believe he was offered by any.

That is completely asinine...he was drafted 5th overall...doesn't sound like the typical definition of a "sleeper"

Well his national noteriety did not hit until UB played Ohio State on ESPN. But I meant local football fans ignored him and the team until March and April when his draft stock soared.

Or Chad Salisbury.

definitely remember Chad. Had he had a full career here he would probably still be holding the record dor most passing yards. He ripped off a few 400 yarders. Stood VERY tall in the pocket at 6'6.

So who, exactly, was ignoring Mack? He was on everyone's radar, especially going into his senior year. Then he won multiple awards and was a top 5 pick.

Definitely got ignored out of high school. only offers were buffalo and liberty. ironically where Gill ended up after getting fired from Kansas State