Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Week 2

A week. One week. Are we supposed to think this can make a huge difference, or does it just point out how ridiculous things have been that a week working together is a rare thing?

Or both?

It's not quite Kelly and Reed, or Montana and Rice. It's more "hello, pleased to see you again".

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week. One week. Are we supposed to think this can make a huge difference, or does it just point out how ridiculous things have been that a week working together is a rare thing?

Or both?

It's not quite Kelly and Reed, or Montana and Rice. It's more "hello, pleased to see you again".

I think it depends upon the player.

If you watch a lot of the All-22 on Taylor (and IIRC you do), there's one thing that tends to stand out: he doesn't throw with anticipation very often.

That changes significantly when Sammy is in the lineup; Tyrod trusts him far more than any other target he's worked with in Buffalo. The ball comes out earlier, and--because of Sammy's ability to get open and ball-tracking skills--there's more real estate on the field to make what Tyrod feels are "safe" throws.

The more time the two of them have in practice to gain that comfort level, the more freely Tyrod will operate in the passing game.

I think it depends upon the player.

If you watch a lot of the All-22 on Taylor (and IIRC you do), there's one thing that tends to stand out: he doesn't throw with anticipation very often.

That changes significantly when Sammy is in the lineup; Tyrod trusts him far more than any other target he's worked with in Buffalo. The ball comes out earlier, and--because of Sammy's ability to get open and ball-tracking skills--there's more real estate on the field to make what Tyrod feels are "safe" throws.

The more time the two of them have in practice to gain that comfort level, the more freely Tyrod will operate in the passing game.

Oh, I completely agree! My thought was it's just so sad we can think a week is a big deal when other pairings get a year.....or a decade. We've been snake bit. I'm hoping Sammy blows it up with Tyrod throwing (with anticipation) and we are forced to pay Sammy like the perennial All Pro he becomes. :)

Oh, I completely agree! My thought was it's just so sad we can think a week is a big deal when other pairings get a year.....or a decade. We've been snake bit. I'm hoping Sammy blows it up with Tyrod throwing (with anticipation) and we are forced to pay Sammy like the perennial All Pro he becomes. :)

i would challenge TT to throw MORE INTs this year, as crazy as it sounds. he needs to trust that his guy is going to be there/can get to the ball first. 6 INTs two years in a row doesn't mean anything if you're not breaking .500

i would challenge TT to throw MORE INTs this year, as crazy as it sounds. he needs to trust that his guy is going to be there/can get to the ball first. 6 INTs two years in a row doesn't mean anything if you're not breaking .500

I'd gladly take twice as many interceptions if he got his passing TDs closer to 30.

For the record, I talked to a guy at the ticket office and asked him about the weather tonight. He said they are expecting a decision within the hour on what they will do. Probably will push it back if anything because its a "special" practice.

I can imagine the posts...

"Tyrod is showing progress because he's throwing more interceptions"

That'll happen.

Probably better off to just challenge TT to throw more period, and then be prepared to accept increased INTs if they happen. There's no logical benefit of asking him to throw it to the wrong team...

Ah, yes. A new Head Coach. A new Offensive Coordinator. A new playbook. But "Tay Tay" is supposed to have it down one hundred percent because ....... "Baltimore"

I knew you were making a serious point !!!

This is the guys seventh year in the league and does have familiarity with Dennison.

If the offense is just so complex it's causing him to struggle early on...

Make excuses all you want but the way Buffalo handled his contract this off season proves us fans aren't the only ones who aren't sold.

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: If the weather gods cooperate, here's what to look for at tonight's #Bills practice at New Era Field.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/04/five-things-watch-bills-hold-open-practice-new-era-field/

@john_wawrow

Impressive. Renovated #Bills media room.

DGZ5D_OXgAEd63h.jpg

Maybe one day we'll actually be able to hear the questions Edited by SWATeam