Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Week 2

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's the first move toward bringing camp to OBD.

McD mentioned on Sirius yesterday it was something the Panthers did - characterized it more as a fan-friendly/break-from-routine kind of thing

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Fan-Fest-set-for-August-4/7da761ae-f28d-4c93-ae3f-c3513e04605d

Edited by stevewin

Except both Beane and McD spoke repeatedly about how important they think it is to get away.

But if you recall McDermott's first comment about camp was he preferred it to be at their home base. He changed his tune after he was reminded that the Bills still have a contract with SJF.

@SalSports

Hodges, Streater getting noticed as Bills wrap up week at Fisher (full Thursday practice notes): http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/hodges-streater-getting-noticed-bills-wrap-week-fisher

@MatthewFairburn

A bunch of observations from Bills camp. Tyrod, Nick O'Leary, Nate Peterman, Eddie Yarbrough and more: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_training_camp_day_7_tyrod_taylor_connects_with_nick_oleary_13_obse.html

Tay Tay says he's still learning the offense

Then I read this.

The third team offense was the only group that reached the end zone. Nate Peterman came out firing hitting TE Wes Saxtondown the right sideline for a 40-yard pass play.

He was my second read and I got to him and he won, said Peterman. He made a heck of a catch too so great job by him.

@JoeBuscaglia

The best on-field story so far, O'Leary a steady hand... and concerns over Cordy? 7 #Bills observations from Day 7: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-buffalo-bills-training-camp-observations-day-7-8317

Day 7 MVP: DE Eddie Yarbrough
- From the third-team defense to the first-team defense in a matter of four days — and still making plays when he got there. That’s worthy of MVP honors for the morning.

Day 7 LVP: CB Shareece Wright
- He didn’t make the cut as one of the seven observations, but Wright was getting beat in coverage quite a bit during team drills. There were a lot of passes completed to his area of the field by the second-team offense, which led for some big days for guys like Rod Streater and Walt Powell.

Up Next: Day 8 of training camp at New Era Field, beginning at 5:30 pm. Fans must have a ticket to attend the practice.

Then I read this.

The third team offense was the only group that reached the end zone. Nate Peterman came out firing hitting TE Wes Saxtondown the right sideline for a 40-yard pass play.

He was my second read and I got to him and he won, said Peterman. He made a heck of a catch too so great job by him.

What's your point?

Then I read this.

You need to read critically. All camp news involves a reporter building a story around a handful of plays, often to support a preexisting meme. Take today : Peterman had an excellent series in the long drive section of practice, while Taylor's drive faltered. During red-zone drills Taylor had an excellent series of plays, while Peterman faltered. If you read various accounts of Day Seven, you see that written up any number of ways. For instance, the Bill's own pet grouch Rodak wrote this :

Rookie report from Bills practice Thursday: QB Nathan Peterman (fifth-round pick) struggled in the early portions of practice, going 0-for-5 in 11-on-11 red zone work. However, Peterman completed 3 of 3 passes in a move-the-ball drill, ending it on a 13-yard completion to TE Wes Saxton.

In addition to the vagrancies of sportswriters, please remember it's just the beginning of camp. Don't get too overwrought, willya?

Edited by grb

Mike Tolbert: "I'm here to be the vet" (14:15)
Bills FB/HB Mike Tolbert joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his role in the offensive backfield, his relationship with head coach Sean McDermott, and his influence as a veteran on the roster.

Watch: New Addition for Return Game, Saxon Shines (2:07)
Chris Brown spotlights the addition of RB Taiwan Jones and his ability to help out in the return game as well as a strong day from QB Nathan Peterman and TE Wes Saxton.

Jerry Hughes: "I know what to expect of myself" (13:32)
Bills DE Jerry Hughes joined The John Murphy Show to talk about his early impressions of camp, his veteran approach to this season, and his return to the defensive end position.

What's your point?

TT is supposed to know the OC's game plan per the CoT as he worked with him those years in Baltimore.

I knew the reference to Tay Tay would irritate some. As would the second read report.

Do I have a point? Not really. People are free to take from it what they will.

It's camp talk and nothing to overreact to.

TT is supposed to know the OC's game plan per the CoT as he worked with him those years in Baltimore.

Ah, yes. A new Head Coach. A new Offensive Coordinator. A new playbook. But "Tay Tay" is supposed to have it down one hundred percent because ....... "Baltimore"

I knew you were making a serious point !!!

I knew the reference to Tay Tay would irritate some. As would the second read report.

"at his days in Baltimore"

Come on Shady

- Its a new offense for everybody....the days in Baltimore are in the distant past

- You have ones going against ones.....and three's going against threes.....and you have to take that into consideration

Its not even like Tyrod is even doing that badly.....by the various camp notes a lot of plays ARE being made

Do you know for a fact that Dennison is running the same offense he ran in Baltimore?

Ah, yes. A new Head Coach. A new Offensive Coordinator. A new playbook. But "Tay Tay" is supposed to have it down one hundred percent because ....... "Baltimore"

I knew you were making a serious point !!!

I'm glad you figured it out.

"at his days in Baltimore"

Come on Shady

- Its a new offense for everybody....the days in Baltimore are in the distant past

- You have ones going against ones.....and three's going against threes.....and you have to take that into consideration

Its not even like Tyrod is even doing that badly.....by the various camp notes a lot of plays ARE being made

John. I threw what was written it out there.

My only edit to what was written was I used Tay Tay.

Taylors the best we have. Sometimes we have to laugh at what is written and roll with it.

We can take umbrage with it or we can let it roll off of our shoulders.

I chose to take the lighter side.

Do you know for a fact that Dennison is running the same offense he ran in Baltimore?

See above.

Apologies to the CoT members

Yeah I know I'm an idiot.

I'm glad you figured it out.

John. I threw what was written it out there.

My only edit to what was written was I used Tay Tay.

Taylors the best we have. Sometimes we have to laugh at what is written and roll with it.

We can take umbrage with it or we can let it roll off of our shoulders.

I chose to take the lighter side.

See above.

Apologies to the CoT members

Yeah I know I'm an idiot.

Your not an idiot....I actually think you are way smarter then this.