Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im hoping once the games start and the pads start popping he shows what he can do. he needs to take charge of that team and be the player he was advertised as being. preston brown is a bum, especially against the run. every time they ran it he was getting blocked out of the play and instead of taking on the blocker he would fold up like a cheap tent and absorb the blow and be out of the play. he's a bummmmm

IIRC, players can be activated from IR after week eight.

That's true if he's IRed before week 1 because they've got to spend eight weeks on IR. If a player was put on after week 3, then he couldn't return until after week 11 however.

And get him in space and watch Brandon Spikes v 2.0

You're both right. But here's my problem with comments like this: we should be happy if, overall, he's Brandon Spikes v. 2.0! That's a pretty decent draft pick for pick # 41. Spikes came in and started for the Pats right away. He had his limitations, but he was a very useful player. Compare Cyrus Koundjio (# 44). Not every mid-second rounder is a great player. Not every coach is a Rex Ryan, expecting a mid-second rounder to be the best linebacker in the draft. If Ragland is as productive as a young Brandon Spikes, that's a modest win for this organization.

You're both right. But here's my problem with comments like this: we should be happy if, overall, he's Brandon Spikes v. 2.0! That's a pretty decent draft pick for pick # 41. Spikes came in and started for the Pats right away. He had his limitations, but he was a very useful player. Compare Cyrus Koundjio (# 44). Not every mid-second rounder is a great player. Not every coach is a Rex Ryan, expecting a mid-second rounder to be the best linebacker in the draft. If Ragland is as productive as a young Brandon Spikes, that's a modest win for this organization.

Spikes' snap count went down every season because he was unplayable on 2 downs. Ragland being Spikes would be a major failure.

I'm giving the guy the season before I get worried. But Alabama qbs, rbs, & lbs are really hard to evaluate because of the lines in front of them. Lot more misses than hits there.

I agree not bashing it to much (however trading up for a role player never smart) but some really need to temper their expectations of him

it wouldn't surprise me, but it doesn't seem logical they would cut ragland.

clock is ticking, wont be long now and the 53 will be set. looking forward to the game tomorrow night and my eyes on some of these players working for a spot on the roster.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

im hoping once the games start and the pads start popping he shows what he can do. he needs to take charge of that team and be the player he was advertised as being. preston brown is a bum, especially against the run. every time they ran it he was getting blocked out of the play and instead of taking on the blocker he would fold up like a cheap tent and absorb the blow and be out of the play. he's a bummmmm

Can't disagree here. I've seen the same thing. And if we see it....