Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is talented but for Alabama and Rex only. His trade value in the NFL is nil unless you have a time machine and trade him to the '73 Steelers. He seems like a great kid and he DESERVES a chance, but he is a throwback by his own admission and will probably be even slower than before with the knee thing.

So, unless Rex starts coaching again, or your time machine idea takes place, you're saying Reggie Ragland will be a complete bust of a player with no chance at making an impact in the league, despite scheme or NFL level coaching? You are grasping air with open hands buddy.......

So, unless Rex starts coaching again, or your time machine idea takes place, you're saying Reggie Ragland will be a complete bust of a player with no chance at making an impact in the league, despite scheme or NFL level coaching? You are grasping air with open hands buddy.......

He once said that if the Bills didn't draft him in the 2nd, no other team would have looked at him except maybe a 6th round flyer.

He once said that if the Bills didn't draft him in the 2nd, no other team would have looked at him except maybe a 6th round flyer.

Yep. That is a nonsense. I always thought Ragland was a 2nd round pick not a 1st round but I don't think he would have got out of the second. I'm not absolutely convinced he'd have made it to the Bills pick.

I know. I remember that. He made the claim that all 31 other teams passed on him. LMAO he must have thought the draft stopped after the 41st pick overall? Lol

Yep. That is a nonsense. I always thought Ragland was a 2nd round pick not a 1st round but I don't think he would have got out of the second. I'm not absolutely convinced he'd have made it to the Bills pick.

Deion Jones would have still been on the board at 49, I remember flipping my lid that night. The board was falling in Whaley's favor and he couldn't remain patient. In typical Whaley fantasy mode drafter he just had to have "his" guy.

Deion Jones would have still been on the board at 49, I remember flipping my lid that night. The board was falling in Whaley's favor and he couldn't remain patient. In typical Whaley fantasy mode drafter he just had to have "his" guy.

I think it was Rex's guy not Doug's. I had a 1st round grade on Deion Jones so you don't need to tell me about him still being there.

Edited by GunnerBill

I think MOST GM's want "their" guy, no?

I think Rex made the decision just like McDermott this year.

Whaley did the scouting, Rex and McDermott made the call.

It was Rex, not Whaley.

It was Rex, not Whaley.

Well whoever it was should have been fired that night. From all the Rex chatter I can agree that he would have been pushing for Ragland. Instead of adapting to the changes in the game they attempted to reinvent 70's football.

According to reports he has yet to take a rep other than backup MLB. I suspect they would rather have a backup MLB that can play multiple positions like the others have been doing. Just like Cardale Jones, this kid has no ties to this regime and seems at least on paper to not fit the defense.

I never liked the pick, but was hoping he could push P. Brown out of a job. So far the best I can hope for now is P. Brown bounces back to 2015 form.

Thoughts?

Hot take!

According to reports he has yet to take a rep other than backup MLB. I suspect they would rather have a backup MLB that can play multiple positions like the others have been doing. Just like Cardale Jones, this kid has no ties to this regime and seems at least on paper to not fit the defense.

I never liked the pick, but was hoping he could push P. Brown out of a job. So far the best I can hope for now is P. Brown bounces back to 2015 form.

Thoughts?

I don't think that seems plausible unless the team is pretty sure the injury caused some permanent damage. He was pretty highly regarded out of college for both this football intelligence as well as his athletic ability. I think the worst case scenario is bench and special teams.