Marrone said ideally Bortles throws Zero passes in a game...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all of this thread but - this is what Marrone does, this is his playbook to a "t." He sets himself up for leveraged failure where he either (i) fails and has a ready scapegoat ("You gave me Blake Bottles, what do you think I am, a miracle worker?"); or (ii) succeeds against all odds and is anointed a miracle worker. He did this in Buffalo, quickly shredding the confidence of EJ and setting him up to fail, and now he's done it again in Jax, abusing his QB in press conference after press conference.

I'm not saying EJ or Bortles are any good - they aren't. But with Marrone at the helm, neither of them ever had a chance, anyway.

I haven't read all of this thread but - this is what Marrone does, this is his playbook to a "t." He sets himself up for leveraged failure where he either (i) fails and has a ready scapegoat ("You gave me Blake Bottles, what do you think I am, a miracle worker?"); or (ii) succeeds against all odds and is anointed a miracle worker. He did this in Buffalo, quickly shredding the confidence of EJ and setting him up to fail, and now he's done it again in Jax, abusing his QB in press conference after press conference.

I'm not saying EJ or Bortles are any good - they aren't. But with Marrone at the helm, neither of them ever had a chance, anyway.

The flip side is that Marrone feels he has no chance with them either. And he's 100 percent correct. They are both horrible quarterbacks.

Do you think he's honest with his bosses about that? I don't. I think he hedges.

I honestly don't know. He is correct that they both stink, however. I do imagine that he's honest with Coughlin, who he is longtime friends with. Plus Coughlin is a legend and a likely hall of famer.

Damn that's cold!

@ProFootballTalk

From @PFT_Live, @CSimmsQB says Blake Bortles "was not put on earth to throw the football" http://wp.me/p14QSB-amHz

@BuckyBrooks

Bucky Brooks Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Bortles was primarily recruited as a TE prospect by D1 schools... Maybe HS recruiting analysts know more than we think they know..1f914.png

Damn that's cold!

@ProFootballTalk

From @PFT_Live, @CSimmsQB says Blake Bortles "was not put on earth to throw the football" http://wp.me/p14QSB-amHz

@BuckyBrooks

Bucky Brooks Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Bortles was primarily recruited as a TE prospect by D1 schools... Maybe HS recruiting analysts know more than we think they know..1f914.png

Wait a minute. Buffalo Barbarian was all over Bortles during that draft. Does this mean Connor Cook might not pan out?