Marrone said ideally Bortles throws Zero passes in a game...

Holy smokes dude.

The point was when we lost to the Pats and they didn't care, you probably thought it was because Marrone sucked. Then we beat them when they didn't care, and you STILL weren't happy.

A child could follow better.

Did you receive a secret letter from the moderators of this forum appointing you to serve as "the guy who takes a dump in every thread just to piss people off?"

Hint: they were kidding

Ease up before you find yourself drummed the hell out of here.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of Saint Dougie.. 3 things can happen when you pass the ball and 2 of them are bad.

But as mentioned the rules of modern day NFL football favor passing.

I know the saying but its pretty dumb in my opinion. There are 3 things that can happen with a run too, and two of them are bad.

1. Gain yards

2. Lose yards

3. Fumble

I know the saying but its pretty dumb in my opinion. There are 3 things that can happen with a run too, and two of them are bad.

1. Gain yards

2. Lose yards

3. Fumble

Ok then passing can produce

1.) Interception

2.) Incompletion

3.) Lose yards

4.) Gain yards

5.) Completion.

Gain yards and lose yards can happen on anything. Kind of why they don't say that about the run game in comparison to the pass game.

Edited by ddaryl

1. Gain yards

2. Lose yards

3. Fumble

There's a couple things that can happen when you pop open a beer

Off topic but I just heard that Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing some God-awful, inaccurate passes here in Tampa.

They are hoping he doesn't throw any passes either. We can all relate, especially in clutch situations.

Fitz was good for a drive killer/game killer in most games. But he has made a good living in the NFL for his limited ability.

Did you receive a secret letter from the moderators of this forum appointing you to serve as "the guy who takes a dump in every thread just to piss people off?"

Hint: they were kidding

Ease up before you find yourself drummed the hell out of here.

Yes massuh

I don't think Marrone is a fit anywhere. He's one of those guys that is just such an !@#$ that it's miserable to work for and with.

Agreed. I mean you need discipline & accountability but Marrone just strikes me as one of those guys who will always be unhappy no matter what it is and what the outcome is. I remember after the Packers win he didn't even smile

I think Marrone is on to something. Granted, I'm an old fart and like football the way it was played back in the day. But if I were an NFL HC, I'd get the nastiest O line blockers I could find, put a couple big RBs behind them, and jam the ball down their throats. Plus a Sammy and go up top when they put ten in the box.

I agree it's a passing league based on the rules, but many teams don't have the QB to take advantage. With my plan if you average 4 yards a run you can mount long scoring drives and keep the other team's offense off the field. Think of our first Super Bowl.

Except when you play a real QB, get down by two touchdowns and only have one gear to try and mount a comeback.

I wish we would run it until the other team made us pass too. If you can control the game by dominating time of possession, limit their possessions by giving them the ball less and break the other teams will...you are probably winning . I don't understand why people are obsessed with every aspect of the QB. If you can get first downs and keep the clock moving and score, it doesn't matter how you do it. Also a lot of bad things can happen when you drop back to pass, very few bad things can happen when you run

What confuses me is how Marrone can possibly think that he can run the ball that effectively based on the horrific rushing game he had here in Buffalo. They were in the bottom half of the league both years I believe. When he left, the Bills hired an OC who actually knew something about the running game and the immediately moved to #1 in the league.

If you are going to base your offense on the running game then you need a real running back and more than 4 rushing plays in your playbook.

Edited by vincec

What confuses me is how Marrone can possibly think that he can run the ball that effectively based on the horrific rushing game he had here in Buffalo. They were in the bottom half of the league both years I believe. When he left, the Bills hired an OC who actually knew something about the running game and the immediately moved to #1 in the league.

If you are going to base your offense on the running game then you need a real running back and more than 4 rushing plays in your playbook.

They have Fournette and Yeldon as what should be a pretty nice tandem.

...Marrone's "fit" was because he rubbed Brandon & Whaley the wrong way with his "General Patton" style.......they hated being included in every team meeting after practices which went to 9 or 10PM nightly...Marrone professed culture change which Pegula must have liked, offering him a 4 year, $19.6 mil extension.....but he knew the other two were against him so he bolted.....coincidence that McD was Pegula's choice, a very regimented and all FOOTBALL business approach?....doubt it.....look at some of the camp reports already posted about no nonsense crispness, etc under McD.....the culture IS changing IMO....leave Wrecks out of the equation.......he's ESPN's problem now...........

There is discipline for the sake of results and that seems to be what is being put in place with McDermott. Marrone's discipline seemed to be in place to prove he was boss and the smartest person in the history of football. He is a gigantic Gregg Williams type douche with an even lesser grasp on reality. Multiple reports on a regular basis had him treating everyone in the organization, right down to the receptionists, poorly.

I'd still rather have Rez than Marrone. Equally bad results but Rex sprinkles in some fun. So far I'd take McD 1000 times before I'd take either of the others.

Still so much anger?

He said *ideally". Why wouldn't you ideally want to run the ball every play. It would mean you'd stopped the other guys and had run so successfully that you'd scored. And then you were ahead and didn't need to run and you kept piling the points up. In real life if you run every play they'll find a way to stop you. But he said "ideally."

This is so not a story.

In Marrone's first year here we were #2 in running. Year after that #25.

Don't think it was the scheme that was the problem. As for turning it around after he left, bringing in McCoy probably didn't hurt, especially when they were replacing guys like Summers, Spiller and the aging Freddy. Getting rid of Pears and Urbik maybe didn't hurt either.

Edited by Thurman#1

They were the #2 rushing team in 2013.

Yes we did get a new OC (who was fired a year into his tenure) but we also acquired Shady, Karlos, and Incognito. Who replaced the bad 2014 crew of Freddy, Boobie and Bryce Brown. All out of the leaguers.

Edited by jmc12290

Right. That's why Jack Del Rio went from a .500 coach in his later tenure in Jax to a good coach in Oakland. Because he "took people from nowhere and turned them into stars." Or, you know, got a good QB.

Oh and Mike Mularkey. Another "good" coach who took the #2 overall pick in Mariota from nowhere.

Oh, don't forget about Jim Haurbaugh! He found Kaep from nowhere, turned him into a star, then Kaep turned back into a pumpkin and he got fired.

Except for the HoFers, the QB has always made the coach. And in some of the HoFers, even they got a little lucky with QB's.

What was our excuse when we played the Pats while they didn't care and still lost? Good coaching?

Wrong on everything. Carr was a 2nd rounder every team passed on. Mariota lost his division to a concussed Tom Savage. Harbaugh won with Alex Smith before Kaep. Winning really starts with the owner, head coach, then QB.

Marrone went through two first rounders. Still running the read option. What more does he need to implement simple NFL plays, like motions or quick passing?

Another genius system coach like Rex who's going to revolutionize the NFL. Gut the roster, bring in his players, and dissappoint. Make a mess for 3 years, and leave for ESPN to let someone else clean it up.

These system coaches are just charletons going around the NFL selling a bad set of goods. Winning in the NFL comes from sacrifice, asking people to take years off their lives for about a 3 hour moment, or to ramp up the effort eventhough all looks lost, or asking people to risk their careers, and be bad for two years for the chance at one good one.

NFL owners will be much better served if they stop trying to develop the one system to rule them all, and start learning the game they're supposed to love.

Edited by r.harvey