Stay Classy Trump

The transgender military service issue isn't a social issue, it's mental health issue.

You can't have individuals afflicted with a condition leading to a suicide rate of almost 40% in high stress combat situations.

I've been told dozens of times that the mental health issue is those of us who don't understand that this is a vital matter that should occupy 95% of the time by the courts and the Oval Office.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wounded Warrior J.R. Salzman HAMMERS purveyors of PC in the military

President Trump announcing a ban on transgender people serving in the military has brought criticism from the likes of Chelsea Manning and George Takei, but veteran and Wounded Warrior J.R. Salzman has a few things to add:

And suddenly thousands of people who never served a day in the military will become experts. https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/890198686164299776

he continued in multiple posts.

Wanna go through life confused about whether you're a man or a woman? Go for it. But you don't get to be a distraction in the military.

There's no such thing as an army of one. You stow that individuality BS and become part of the team. You're either uniform or you're wrong.

My air assault school. We were told men and women are equal, except when we're not. Now give a special one to the "woman" with the penis

I served in Iraq in 2006. For the first five months I was on a 12 man firebase out in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Wake up and do the same patrols, the same shifts, every single day. It was so damn hot. 150° in the gun trucks.

Now take someone confused about whether they are a man/woman. Take those psychological and emotional issues and put them in that environment

Take someone who is right off the bat not uniform or part of the same team. Give them special treatment because of their identity.

Now "Chelsea" had a tweet too

so, biggest baddest most $$ military on earth cries about a few trans people 1f629.png but funds the F-35? 1f611.png sounds like cowardice 1f60e.png1f495.png1f308.png#WeGotThis

Perhaps the 'transgender' soldier convicted of espionage is not the one to listen to ?
Edited by B-Man

The transgender military service issue isn't a social issue, it's mental health issue.

You can't have individuals afflicted with a condition leading to a suicide rate of almost 40% in high stress combat situations.

I was thinking along similar lines. Specifically with regard to the wisdom of training people with possible mental health issues to be killers, not just arming them.

Obama was a a commie jihadist sympathizer racist.

And you're no better and probably worse than the hyperbole of the OP.

The problem simple: as a man you can claim/be a woman (just by saying so) and the services have to hold you to the female standards for the physical testing. Meaning, men who weren't strong enough or fit enough to serve can get in by using the female standards.

That's a rational argument that could of been laid out with other arguments to why transgenders shouldn't serve in the military in an official White House statement. Instead he announces a major policy decision on two tweets.

Edited by Doc Brown

I was thinking along similar lines. Specifically with regard to the wisdom of training people with possible mental health issues to be killers, not just arming them.

That's certainly a major part of it as well, though I was more focused on situations where other soldiers lives were dependent on the mental health of other soldier in their squad or unit during combat operations.

Rand Corp. recently did a study and estimates there are approx. 1,300 - 6,600 transgender service members currently serving. Do we simply drum them out?

And I thought Kristin Beck's comments on the matter were interesting especially as to how the issue relates to leadership.

Apologies for not being able to link from a mobile device.

Wounded Warrior J.R. Salzman HAMMERS purveyors of PC in the military

President Trump announcing a ban on transgender people serving in the military has brought criticism from the likes of Chelsea Manning and George Takei, but veteran and Wounded Warrior J.R. Salzman has a few things to add:

he continued in multiple posts.

Wanna go through life confused about whether you're a man or a woman? Go for it. But you don't get to be a distraction in the military.

There's no such thing as an army of one. You stow that individuality BS and become part of the team. You're either uniform or you're wrong.

My air assault school. We were told men and women are equal, except when we're not. Now give a special one to the "woman" with the penis

I served in Iraq in 2006. For the first five months I was on a 12 man firebase out in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Wake up and do the same patrols, the same shifts, every single day. It was so damn hot. 150° in the gun trucks.

Now take someone confused about whether they are a man/woman. Take those psychological and emotional issues and put them in that environment

Take someone who is right off the bat not uniform or part of the same team. Give them special treatment because of their identity.

Now "Chelsea" had a tweet too

Perhaps the 'transgender' soldier convicted of espionage is not the one to listen to ?

Bradley needs to shut his !@#$ing pie hole.

Rand Corp. recently did a study and estimates there are approx. 1,300 - 6,600 transgender service members currently serving. Do we simply drum them out?

And I thought Kristin Beck's comments on the matter were interesting especially as to how the issue relates to leadership.

For current enlistees, I'd say give them honorable discharges with full pensions when those pensions would have naturally matured through service time, and all other benefits associated.

Just for the sake of clarifying my own position on this matter: I have no problem with anyone wanting to serve their country.

So I don't say you drum them out. But this is war, which has no time or patience for PC culture.

Prohibit transgenders from serving in combat positions unless they pass the physical requirements of their birth sex, which requires changing the current regulations, and I've got no complaints. The military is not an institution which should champion the "everyone can participate" mantra of this social struggle imo.

Problem is those regs won't be changed without a serious political fight because doing so would be letting the service determine someone's sex. Which, in this current PC battle, is an anathema.

Just for the sake of clarifying my own position on this matter: I have no problem with anyone wanting to serve their country.

So I don't say you drum them out. But this is war, which has no time or patience for PC culture.

Prohibit transgenders from serving in combat positions unless they pass the physical requirements of their birth sex, which requires changing the current regulations, and I've got no complaints. The military is not an institution which should champion the "everyone can participate" mantra of this social struggle imo.

Problem is those regs won't be changed without a serious political fight because doing so would be letting the service determine someone's sex. Which, in this current PC battle, is an anathema.

So, no concerns at all surrounding the mental illness position, and the near 40% suicide rate?

And you're no better and probably worse than the hyperbole of the OP.

That's a rational argument that could of been laid out with other arguments to why transgenders shouldn't serve in the military in an official White House statement. Instead he announces a major policy decision on two tweets.

I'm sure there's a policy document floating around somewhere. Of all the criticisms I could levy against him, the above is probably the weakest. As I recall, Obama would announce major policy decisions with tweets. Just not exclusively, and everyone understood that it was a complementary, not primary, communications channel for him.

What I like most about this decision is the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over "Oh my God, Trump overturned Obama's policy with an executive decision! How unfair of him!" Well...yeah, Obama made the policy the same way. Why would this be surprising?

So, no concerns at all surrounding the mental illness position, and the near 40% suicide rate?

I wouldn't say no concerns, I just don't buy into the notion that being transgendered is a sign of mental illness by itself.

22 veterans take their own lives every day in this country sadly - whether they're transgendered or not. In 2014, veterans (who make up 9% of the population) accounted for 18% of the national suicide rate. That's alarming, for sure. But it has more to do with our poor treatment of veterans than it does their sexual identity politics.

No but for there safety let them have surgery and fully transform in a safe place of duty.

I'm sure there's a policy document floating around somewhere. Of all the criticisms I could levy against him, the above is probably the weakest. As I recall, Obama would announce major policy decisions with tweets. Just not exclusively, and everyone understood that it was a complementary, not primary, communications channel for him.

What I like most about this decision is the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over "Oh my God, Trump overturned Obama's policy with an executive decision! How unfair of him!" Well...yeah, Obama made the policy the same way. Why would this be surprising?

Good. Show me that first Trump. Better yet, have Mattis give a press conference explaining why they made this decision.

I wouldn't say no concerns, I just don't buy into the notion that being transgendered is a sign of mental illness by itself.

It's in the DSM-5. You can quibble over the terminology but in essence that's what they're talking about.

22 veterans take their own lives every day in this country sadly - whether they're transgendered or not. In 2014, veterans (who make up 9% of the population) accounted for 18% of the national suicide rate. That's alarming, for sure. But it has more to do with our poor treatment of veterans than it does their sexual identity politics.

Greg, that's a major concern, but is a non-sequitur.

The suicide rate among transgendered individuals is approaching the suicide levels of Jews in Auschwitz. A rate of almost 40%.

4 out of 10, Greg. That's staggering.

It's in the DSM-5. You can quibble over the terminology but in essence that's what they're talking about.

Greg, that's a major concern, but is a non-sequitur.

The suicide rate among transgendered individuals is approaching the suicide levels of Jews in Auschwitz. A rate of almost 40%.

4 out of 10, Greg. That's staggering.

:beer::beer:

Good. Show me that first Trump. Better yet, have Mattis give a press conference explaining why they made this decision.

No, tweet the link to that, Trump. If you're going to tweet. Better yet, stop tweeting.

Mattis is on vacation.

Oh yeah. The Sessions thing. It's odd that berating a highly regarded cabinet member on Twitter in hopes he'll resign instead of just asking him to resign like a responsible adult would do would cause unease among other cabinet members.

Oh yeah. The Sessions thing. It's odd that berating a highly regarded cabinet member on Twitter in hopes he'll resign instead of just asking him to resign like a responsible adult would do would cause unease among other cabinet members.

Not a Bert Vance matter, even in the shadows of Watergate.... I guess we'll honestly see it all before we die..

No, tweet the link to that, Trump. If you're going to tweet. Better yet, stop tweeting.

@politico

Trump’s ban on transgender troops was, in part, an attempt to save a House proposal full of his campaign promises http://politi.co/2v8UZgx

House Republicans were planning to pass a spending bill stacked with his campaign promises, including money to build his border wall with Mexico.

But an internal House Republican fight over transgender troops was threatening to blow up the bill. And House GOP insiders feared they might not have the votes to pass the legislation because defense hawks wanted a ban on Pentagon-funded sex reassignment operations — something GOP leaders wouldn’t give them.

They turned to Trump, who didn’t hesitate. In the flash of a tweet, he announced that transgender troops would be banned altogether.

Trump’s sudden decision was, in part, a last-ditch attempt to save a House proposal full of his campaign promises that was on the verge of defeat, numerous congressional and White House sources said.

The president had always planned to scale back President Barack Obama-era policies welcoming such individuals in combat and greenlighting the military to pay for their medical treatment plans. But a behind-the-scenes GOP brawl threatening to tank a Pentagon funding increase and wall construction hastened Trump’s decision.

What a hateful, bigoted thing to do. But when you really want to cement your allegiance to that part of the Republican base you have to do some ugly things. Are they really going to throw patriotic, dedicated soldiers out of the service? Disgusting if they do

What a hateful, bigoted thing to do. But when you really want to cement your allegiance to that part of the Republican base you have to do some ugly things. Are they really going to throw patriotic, dedicated soldiers out of the service? Disgusting if they do

How many straw men do you want to put in one thread?

@politico

Trump’s ban on transgender troops was, in part, an attempt to save a House proposal full of his campaign promises http://politi.co/2v8UZgx

Keep the campaign promises elected on? DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

American forces “must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory”.....

Gee... what a horrible thing for a President to want, they aren't supposed to be that way since Truman, right???

Transgreggy military is going to affect, what, 25 people? I'll skip losing sleep over it and assume whatever happens will be ok.

It's also going to affect Facebook pages and Twitter accounts across the snowflake universe. I'm expecting a this to be the #snowflakemeltdown dujour

Transgreggy military is going to affect, what, 25 people? I'll skip losing sleep over it and assume whatever happens will be ok.

First they came for the transgendered 18 months past their gender assignment surgery wanting to enlist in the armed forces, and I said nothing...

First they came for the transgendered 18 months past their gender assignment surgery wanting to enlist in the armed forces, and I said nothing...

At what level are you on that tiebreaker rule list?

43rd?

:D

Thinking like this is why we continue to lose.

It's the military, not a social program.

I spent 6 years military , there are 100's of thousands non combat jobs. If you let transgender re enlist with no bonus to pay back the cost , I bet they will be the best . jmo

I spent 6 years military , there are 100's of thousands non combat jobs. If you let transgender re enlist with no bonus to pay back the cost , I bet they will be the best . jmo

This does nothing more than turn the military into a default career guarantee for a new protected class who will enjoy all the benefits of service without merit.

Again, the military is not a social program.

Give every current transgendered GI their pension, and benefits of service, and an honorable discharge. Give future transgendered individuals a Section 8, with no benefits.

It was classy to bother going at all.

Participation award!

The enablers are in force I see. He shows up, then hits the campaign trail with a bunch of captive Scouts... Give him a participation award? LoL...

My Son was @ the 2013 Jambo. That was the first one @ the new Summit Bechtel Reserve in W.Va.

Obama video conferenced in 2010 for the one @ A.P. Hill.

2013:

One thing Scouts didnt get to see this year was a speech from President Barack Obama, who serves as honorary president of the BSA.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/07/24/obama-turns-down-boy-scouts-offer-to-speak-at-jamboree/

"...Presidents dating back to George H.W. Bush traveled to the Jamboree when it was previously held at a military base at Fort A.P. Hill, Va. Obama, who opposed the Scouts ban on gays, had been invited again this year but didnt take the Scouts up on their offer. He addressed the Jamboree in a video message in 2010.

The president is always invited and welcome to come, said BSA national spokesman Deron Smith. We understand his schedule sometimes prevents that.

White House spokesman Keith Maley said Obama has long believed that the Scouts is a valuable organization that has helped educate and build character in American boys for more than a century. He will continue to look for opportunities to work with the Boy Scouts..."

2013 Obama declined. The reserve in W.Va in was brand spanking new and logistics were still an issue, with the 2013 Jamboree being the very first event there. Weather was also rainy as hell. Zip line courses in the canopies were frequently shut down to lightning.

I wonder if security, weather, scheduling conflicts, new facility, logistics... Then the gay brewhaha played a part. LoL. Of course it did. The Reserve was a mess and barely pressed into service on time.

It's more classy to decline, then go and come off all political.

Trump seems to make a lot of noise, complains how people are unfair to him, crows about his accomplishments, puts others down. Obama may not have agreed with the Scouts on some issues, but it is classier to exude quiet strength through decorum. Trump exudes petulant bluster, that is anything BUT classy.

Trump is a Snowflake & Deplorable all rolled up into one. A Janus. He does not exemplify the Scout Law, Oath, and Motto. Even in Scouting's Honor Society, Order of the Arrow, Trump is anything BUT "Brotherhood of Cheerful Service." Trump has simply lived his life in a sewer.

Anything BUT classy, and his recent speech jusy confirmed it for the 10,000th time.

You don't get a "classy medal" for just showing up and participating. Especially if one particpates like a buffoon. That's a participation award, you think the conservatives would get this, they preach against them all the time.

Enablers...

Maybe all the unemployed trannies can take refuge in your laundromat?