The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. They enjoyed them when they were in the worst division in the NFLi with opponents who won 2 or 3 games a season . No Patriots either.

And how many Superbowls has Luck been to? And how were they last year? How about this year? And how come they couldn't even beat the friggin Bills?

All that agony and still no Superbowls. Throwing a season on purpose is a whiney loser attitude and approach. Why even play the game then.

Imagine teaching kids that. Well son, if you don't think you can win, you shouldn't even try. Just quit. Friggin losers.

More excuses they made runs. Bills stuck in the mud. Will always be that way until the QB position is fixed

If, and this is only an "if", the team is going to move on from taylor; how and when do you do it? I'm not saying they should or will, but I can think of no scenario that would end well for the 2017 season.

Start the season 0-4 or 1-3 hello Peterman

More excuses they made runs. Bills stuck in the mud. Will always be that way until the QB position is fixed

Start the season 0-4 or 1-3 hello Peterman

You can fix the QB situation without tanking. Play your best Qb whoever it is.

Oh yeah...and stop downgrading what existing talent you do have. The goal is to upgrade not downgrade.

Edited by PolishDave

You can fix the QB situation without tanking. Play your best Qb whoever it is.

Again 0-4 or 1-3 and TT looks like he did early last season i am done with him let me see what the Rook can do

This Regime is NOT tied to Taylor

Edited by MAJBobby

If, and this is only an "if", the team is going to move on from taylor; how and when do you do it? I'm not saying they should or will, but I can think of no scenario that would end well for the 2017 season.

Any scenario that ends with the Bills getting the QB they want in next year's draft would be a good thing.

This season was always a throw away to me once McDermott was brought on. A new offense, defense, bridge QB, and then the Watkins trade to go along with the draft day trades and focus on the 2018 draft.

McDermott and Beane can experiment and get a better idea of what they have and what they need to do moving forward this season knowing it won't be held against them while helping themselves for the future at the same time.

Yeah. They enjoyed them when they were in the worst division in the NFLi with opponents who won 2 or 3 games a season . No Patriots either.

And how many Superbowls has Luck been to? And how were they last year? How about this year? And how come they couldn't even beat the friggin Bills?

All that agony and still no Superbowls. Throwing a season on purpose is a whiney loser attitude and approach. Why even play the game then.

Imagine teaching kids that. Well son, if you don't think you can win, you shouldn't even try. Just quit. Friggin losers.

You really liked it when mommy read you "the little engine that could", didn't you?

Any scenario that ends with the Bills getting the QB they want in next year's draft would be a good thing.

This season was always a throw away to me once McDermott was brought on. A new offense, defense, bridge QB, and then the Watkins trade to go along with the draft day trades and focus on the 2018 draft.

McDermott and Beane can experiment and get a better idea of what they have and what they need to do moving forward this season knowing it won't be held against them while helping themselves for the future at the same time.

this whole thing may get real hard to watch

Was I ever an !@#$ to you in some way. I don't think so. You can talk to yourself from now on loser. What are you 6?

FTR...I liked it, too.

It's just that this is football, and you need a franchise QB. You don't just magically get one handed to you either...you have to stink and get a top pick.

My idea of tanking isn't to play to lose, but to move on from players that aren't future pieces and giving young guys a shot instead to see what they have...you can accomplish tanking while going out and trying to win.

FYI - I was just having some fun. You called posters losers...lighten up. No harm done

Tyrod can't run this offense. It's a fact. Absolute terrible showing. The only time he had any glimmer of success was when he reverted back to scrambling around and improvising. He looks completely lost. Corners absolutely owning him because he's like a preschooler with training wheels at this point trying to figure out a 3 step drop. It's embarrassing to anyone that has played the QB position. This is what you learn in pop Warner. Tyrod will not finish the season as QB if they stick with this offense. It's a fact. Either Dennison is gone or Tyrod is, they can't coexist

Tyrod can't run this offense. It's a fact. Absolute terrible showing. The only time he had any glimmer of success was when he reverted back to scrambling around and improvising. He looks completely lost. Corners absolutely owning him because he's like a preschooler with training wheels at this point trying to figure out a 3 step drop. It's embarrassing to anyone that has played the QB position. This is what you learn in pop Warner. Tyrod will not finish the season as QB if they stick with this offense. It's a fact. Either Dennison is gone or Tyrod is, they can't coexist

It's early yet, but it does look like those who claimed that Dennison and TT were a perfect fit were very wrong.

Whenever I have seen TT at his best, it was when he was freelancing...playing sandlot style ball and running around.

I don't trust anything this guy does under center. I believe Roman had the right idea and system for him. Rex picked TT because of that very reason.

It's early yet, but it does look like those who claimed that Dennison and TT were a perfect fit were very wrong.

Whenever I have seen TT at his best, it was when he was freelancing...playing sandlot style ball and running around.

I don't trust anything this guy does under center. I believe Roman had the right idea and system for him. Rex picked TT because of that very reason.

once again I agree. Like I said to those who were praising him over CJ. I told you eventually the reality was going to kick in.

The new offense requires TT to do exactly what he isn't good at - throwing accurate anticipatory timing throws. It's to an almost whole new receiving corps, Clay aside. I'll give him that. But if early returns are an indication of the season in general, then we will be seeing Peterman.

Maj dont you think its kinda unfair to use that as an example?

I mean....yeah every team would like to have a Tom Brady

JM brought up Brady and talked about consistency and having one of the best o-lines and Edelman every game when neither is true.

Brady of course makes that team and those players better game in and game out. Over the years they have switched O-line and traded players away just before the start of the season much later than Sammy. Heck - they had a converted DB as their #1 WR for a while during this run and it did not matter.

I do not expect TT to be Tom Brady - that would be crazy, but the fact that they moved one guy and played one different guy should not cause the problems you are seeing. Peterman was elevated from playing with the 3 - guys like Ross and into the Twos after Sammy was traded, but his timing and route recognition was fine.

Look Peterman is not ready to start yet as a #1, but running the offense 2 weeks in a row he has shown himself to be as good of a QB as TT and perhaps a better fit for this scheme. I do not think he is ready to supplant TT yet, but the fact that McD had to come out and say it does not bode well for TT.

In the end what bothers me most about TT right now is we are on OC #3 and still the majority of his passes are routes were the WR breaks to the outside boundary and TT can see him or the WR stops and turns around and is waiting for the throw. The same throws he was making last year and the year before. Peterman comes in an hits passes that TT does not attempt. The problem with Peterman is exactly why he went in the 5th round and not the 1st - his accuracy. I think most of his reads have been great and he has had some wonderful throws, but he has also had some ducks and that has been his issue throughout college.

Ok I know there are a lot of people that love him, I also know there are a lot that want him gone. However I figured I would start a thread to see what does he have to improve in your eyes to stick with the Bills at the end of the season. I know there are some that will think there is virtually nothing he can do, but there are some that are still on the fence with him. So lets say from him as a player what do you need to see for him to stick around.

I am not talking about excuses like well if Sammy stays healthy or stuff like that, I would like my QB to be effective with whoever is on the field.

Some of mine are:

Better anticipation on his throws, this is one reason why there is not a lot of YAC from these WRs, his throws tend to be late. This also hurts him with my third area I would like for him to improve on.

Obviously using the middle of the field, In this offense Clay has a chance to shine like all Owen Daniels (Clay is much more talented) has.

I would like for him to be much more effective against Man Coverage. Over the last two seasons, Taylor averages 9.3 yards per attempt against zone defenses (best), but only 7.1 yards per attempt against man coverage (fifth-worst).

I wish fan would understand that what you see with TT is what you get, he is not some rookie or 2nd year player. He is a gimmick QB and will never be anything more then average. Not sure who made the decision to bring him back, nothing to get excited about this guy,

I wish fan would understand that what you see with TT is what you get, he is not some rookie or 2nd year player. He is a gimmick QB and will never be anything more then average. Not sure who made the decision to bring him back, nothing to get excited about this guy,

Agree.

3 years for Trent, 3 more for Fitzpatrick, Tyrod now going on his 3rd year. 9 years pouring time into backup level talents. All the excuses you get about time on the system, OTA reps, knowing he is the starter, support of a run game, none of that has mattered at all.

How much further ahead would the Bills have been if they simply took Mahomes or Watson at #10?