The Tyrod Taylor Question

And you want to try and build what in the long term a .500 team around a flawed QB that needs breaks to get to .500?

What breaks-a decent team? having a deep threat is a break?

Replying to @thadbrown7

Still think #Bills are better than this. But if Cordy and even Matthews miss lotsa time... you saw it last night.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What breaks-a decent team? having a deep threat is a break?

Thad Brown‏ @thadbrown7 35m35 minutes ago

More

Replying to @thadbrown7

Still think #Bills are better than this. But if Cordy and even Matthews miss lotsa time... you saw it last night.

Having an AZ tram turn the ball over a bunch, a NE team stuck with playing a hurt 3rd stringer etc etc

Not buying these excuses again in what should be a time to **** or get off the pot season.

Luck is also 43-27 as a starter, has 3 11-5 seasons, been to a AFCCG.

has 19,000 yards, 132 TD in 70 games...272 ypg for his career (70 more than TT).

Luck's career low in passing yards for 1 year is 3,822...Taylor's career high is 3,035. Luck's worst year was 800 yards better than TT's best

Luck's career low in TD for 1 year is 23... Taylor's career high is 20. Luck's worst year is 3 TD more than TT's best

And in case youre gonna say "but but, Taylor runs" so does Luck. 1,500 career rushing yards and 14 TD

He also plays in a weak division. In 2015, the Bills should have had a sweep of all those teams. When TT started , the Bills beat three of them.Now the division is getting better as far as Tenn. is concerned-Indy is predicted to be around 8-8.

The AFC East is weak too outside of the Pats.

Since Luck has been in the league, the Dolphins have gone 39-41 and the Jets have been 33-47. Both combined only made the playoffs once.

We have no chance of winning the division with NE. The AFC South is wide open.

He also plays in a weak division. In 2015, the Bills should have had a sweep of all those teams. When TT started , the Bills beat three of them.Now the division is getting better as far as Tenn. is concerned-Indy is predicted to be around 8-8.

We have no chance of winning the division with NE. The AFC South is wide open.

The AFCE is weak too.

you play to the strengths of the QB you have. it was good enough to lead an offense that was top ten in scoring.

I agree. To those that say you don't win Championships with a non-traditional QB, check out Russell Wilson. I seem to recall he let Seattle to the title by running around and making some plays while limiting picks from inside the pocket. Of course their D was a big part of the formula and hopefully McD knows how to build a solid D.

Having an AZ tram turn the ball over a bunch, a NE team stuck with playing a hurt 3rd stringer etc etc

Not buying these excuses again in what should be a time to **** or get off the pot season.

Excuses-starting left tackle out whose replacements are not good, deep threat traded, number one WR out. Other QBs would never struggle with that. Only TT. Peterman would never struggle with that and against starting NFL defenses.

I agree. To those that say you don't win Championships with a non-traditional QB, check out Russell Wilson. I seem to recall he let Seattle to the title by running around and making some plays while limiting picks from inside the pocket. Of course their D was a big part of the formula and hopefully McD knows how to build a solid D.

Wilson is and at that time was and did have to win football games that year with his arm. Something TT hasnt done

Excuses-starting left tackle out whose replacements are not good, deep threat traded, number one WR out. Other QBs would never struggle with that. Only TT. Peterman would never struggle with that and against starting NFL defenses.

Awesome another year of excuses being used for piss poor play. Another year of excuses for a player that should know a free running Safety is his to beat in certain protections.

A year of excuses for a QB that cant hit the top of his drop and get a ball out.

Thats fine thank god it is only one more year of them

Awesome another year of excuses being used for piss poor play. Another year of excuses for a player that should know a free running Safety is his to beat in certain protections.

A year of excuses for a QB that cant hit the top of his drop and get a ball out.

Who else was going to start this year that was better? You all want the guy run out of town and yet have no answers.

and if you think having Glenn out and Matthews out shouldn't matter, then nothing more to discuss. The depth on this team is terrible.

being able to get 8 wins as an NFL starter is not terrible, either, by the way. You seem to think it is. "oh, we need better", maybe. But they don't sell franchise QBs at the corner store.

Who else was going to start this year that was better? You all want the guy run out of town and yet have no answers.

and if you think having Glenn out and Matthews out shouldn't matter, then nothing more to discuss. The depth on this team is terrible.

The typical who else response. If TT starts off like last year and the Bills are 1-3 or 0-4. Give me the Rookie. So i can at least see what i have in him before 2018 draft.

2017 = a 20 game preseason

Has his play at QB been piss poor or mediocre? Is he downright awful? You are too extreme in your assessment of him IMO.

being able to get 8 wins as an NFL starter is not terrible, either, by the way. You seem to think it is. "oh, we need better", maybe. But they don't sell franchise QBs at the corner store.

No they dont. But fighting to get to 7 wins doesnt help that effort to get a Franchise QB either does it?

Indy doesn't have to play NE twice. The over under this season is 8 wins for Indy. If franchise QB is all that matters,why are they picked to be 8-8 again?

When did I ever say that it's all that matters? I have probably said 1,000 times that franchise QB's make it easier and the pattern shows that.

Well lets so who Vegas odds to win the Super Bowl...in order top 10:

Patriots

Packers

Raiders

Seahawks

Cowboys

Steelers

Falcons

Giants

Panthers

Cardinals

What do they all have in common?

AFCE did have 2 playoff teams last year!

I pointed that out. 1 playoff team outside of NE since 2012.

Has his play at QB been piss poor or mediocre? Is he downright awful? You are too extreme in your assessment of him IMO.

He is what he is.

A sub par Thrower

But makes up for that a bit with legs

So in essense a .500 QB that has reached his ceiling which is not good enough in this league is it.

The typical who else response. If TT starts off like last year and the Bills are 1-3 or 0-4. Give me the Rookie. So i can at least see what i have in him before 2018 draft.

2017 = a 20 game preseason

The typical response is "give me the rookie". lol You do not start a rookie QB picked in the fifth over an established veteran that has accomplished something in the NFL and is not terrible like you seem to think he is. the season has to play itself out.