The Tyrod Taylor Question

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0684044527173900519-4

I can't wait to hear news that he's actually sharper in practice. I saw another update saying that him and Sammy are having a hard time connecting and I saw another one saying he wasn't to sharp.

I hope this is just early season jitters. Please let it be.

If you read Astros reports Tyrod is fine. This jamoke is basing that story on a couple of passes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0684044527173900519-4

I can't wait to hear news that he's actually sharper in practice. I saw another update saying that him and Sammy are having a hard time connecting and I saw another one saying he wasn't to sharp.

I hope this is just early season jitters. Please let it be.

FWIW this came from Rodak. He's the worst.

I hope you're right.

I think it's mostly on TT but that's to be expected. His previous offense was about the run to setup the pass. Not a lot of timing routes involved. He's being asked to do more and there are growing pains. Just hope they don't become lingering pains.

I would take every one of those guys over TT except Bradford and Smith(not a fan)

Tannehill sucks. Dalton seems to suck without Green. Bradford isn't very inspiring either. Palmers got bum knees.

Mariota, Wentz, Prescott are young. Mariota looks legit, and Prescott worked through some mid-season struggles last year. Wentz was a rookie so it is what it is.

I don't entirely disagree here, but I think you've mistaken the conversation a bit. Transplant was talking about how you'd rank the QB's 2015 season specifically.

In 2015, Luck played in 7 games and didn't look good; Ben played in 12 games, had a worse TD% and nearly triple the TO%; Carr had decent overall numbers on high volume, his YPA and Turnovers suffered because of it; Smith had fewer YPG, worse YPA, and scored fewer TDs and 1 more INT than Tyrod in 2 additional games; Ryan had 3 fewer TDs and 15 more TOs in 16 games, and a very similar YPA to Tyrod.

That's not to say Tyrod is a better QB right now than any of them (though I think he's better than Smith), but based on that year alone he produced better than some IMO.

Ah - didn't feel like digging through a 30 page thread TBH.

I think it's mostly on TT but that's to be expected. His previous offense was about the run to setup the pass. Not a lot of timing routes involved. He's being asked to do more and there are growing pains. Just hope they don't become lingering pains.

Right? The practices are fast paced. There's a lot more to a 2 hour practice than like 5 throws in 11x11 work.

I want anybody that line up under center for the Bills to be successful regardless of who it is. With the kind of running game Tyrod has had at his disposal and with the amount of time he's been in the league is it wrong to expect more from him? I understand all of the responses both negative and positive. Just understand I want more from my team. I'm not on the rebuild excuse, new coaching staff excuse, new scheme and playbook excuse. I just want more for my team for a change. These excuses have been going on now for over 17yrs. That's far to long. Why are we the only team that accepts mediocrity and then make excuses for it?

I want anybody that line up under center for the Bills to be successful regardless of who it is. With the kind of running game Tyrod has had at his disposal and with the amount of time he's been in the league is it wrong to expect more from him? I understand all of the responses both negative and positive. Just understand I want more from my team. I'm not on the rebuild excuse, new coaching staff excuse, new scheme and playbook excuse. I just want more for my team for a change. These excuses have been going on now for over 17yrs. That's far to long. Why are we the only team that accepts mediocrity and then make excuses for it?

what are you going to do personally about it to create change?

You act like the reason we don't have a Brady or Rodgers is that someone is too stubborn or lazy to go to the store and buy one.

Look around the league. Most teams want a QB that good. So why do they "accept mediocrity" as you so elegantly put it? Maybe it's because finding one is a little tougher than just holding your breath and stamping your feet.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't entirely disagree here, but I think you've mistaken the conversation a bit. Transplant was talking about how you'd rank the QB's 2015 season specifically.

In 2015, Luck played in 7 games and didn't look good; Ben played in 12 games, had a worse TD% and nearly triple the TO%; Carr had decent overall numbers on high volume, his YPA and Turnovers suffered because of it; Smith had fewer YPG, worse YPA, and scored fewer TDs and 1 more INT than Tyrod in 2 additional games; Ryan had 3 fewer TDs and 15 more TOs in 16 games, and a very similar YPA to Tyrod.

That's not to say Tyrod is a better QB right now than any of them (though I think he's better than Smith), but based on that year alone he produced better than some IMO.

Flacco is over rated at this stage.