The Tyrod Taylor Question

Wooof. Wonder what Jameis would look like with the top run game making his job easy.

Wentz will thrive with new talented wideouts and Blount helping the run game this year.

Lot of what if's in there Ryan

Those never appear to be excuses for OUR qb?

Winston has, in his first two seasons, thrown for 8100 yards and 50 TDs (he also ran for 7) -- on a mediocre team. He has thrown 33 INTs, which is obviously a negative, but he's also a very young QB.

I don't know what your second sentence means, but Winston is already light years ahead of Tyrod.

You cannot win if you turn the ball over....regardless of how many passing yards you throw for

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know right, a true rookie started out good but struggled as rookies do and people are ready to right him off as terrible yet the same people want to give a guy in his 7th year and regressed this past year I might add all the slack in the world and excuse after excuse. It makes no sense.

Taylor's body of work so far is fine and he doesn't need excuses IMO.

Taylor just needs to do what every 3rd year starter needs to do which is start taking his game to the next level.

Years in the league as bench warmer doesn't mean squat...

You cannot win if you turn the ball over....regardless of how many passing yards you throw for

If you want a Taylor vs Wentz/Winston bet I'm all ears.

Winston will end up as a more athletic Phillip Rivers, Wentz will be a stud.

Taylor will try to not lose another 10 mil,

***if he started to play fearless like Winston he might break the bank.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

He has and "the offense fell apart." What happens moving forward will determine where he ends up. Wentz certainly didn't do enough as a rookie to say he's definitely ahead.

I went back and watched 4 Wentz games from last year the other day when I was bored. Tried to pick a cross section based on what the numbers said was a good game and what the numbers said was a bad game. There is a lot on that tape to worry you if you are a Philly fan but there is still some things to excite you too.

Wentz is going to be an interesting one. At this point he can be anywhere from awful to a franchise QB. Usually after that many starts we have a better sense for the floor and the ceiling. From week 5 on he was one of the worst starters in the league. He was 285 of 472, 60.4%, 232 YPG, 9 TDs and 13 INTs. He only had 2 games over a 90 rating after week 4 and none over 95. His QB rating was over 100 in 3 of the first 4 games. Which player is he the guy that started the year or the guy that finished it?

If the guy connected on his passes hitting players in stride he would have more 300 yard games. Has he even passed for 300 in a regular game that didn't go into OT?

I'll never understand the incredible mystique of the 300-yard games for quarterbacks.

You know who had a lot of games in the high 200- to low-300-yard range?

Fitzpatrick and Bledsoe.

There are a handful of things that concern me about Taylor. The number of 300-yard games he's had isn't even on my radar.

The Bills are 15-14 when TT starts. Not terrible.He was the least of this team's problems. He is what we have.Healthy roster, better defense and coaching, we'll see what he does. But those are excuses to posters like MB. MB is on my ignore list. You should do the same. I won't deal with agendas anymore.

Wentz is going to be an interesting one. At this point he can be anywhere from awful to a franchise QB. Usually after that many starts we have a better sense for the floor and the ceiling. From week 5 on he was one of the worst starters in the league. He was 285 of 472, 60.4%, 232 YPG, 9 TDs and 13 INTs. He only had 2 games over a 90 rating after week 4 and none over 95. His QB rating was over 100 in 3 of the first 4 games. Which player is he the guy that started the year or the guy that finished it?

Agree. I think he could easily disintergrate totally in a Blake Bortles way. Bortles was at the cross road at the end of year 2 though.... Wentz is there at the end of year 1. I think you will likely know what he is by the end of next year.

I'm really not concerned with other teams. However the qb situation for the Bills have been outright embarrassing. And there have been quite a few misses along the way. As bad as the Browns have been their luck have been better then the Bills. The Bills have the longest drought in the league. Since Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie look what the Bills been getting at QB, compared to what they could've had. I just would like to see changes.

Go look at how many different starting QBs the Browns have had since 1999. They made the playoffs once since then (the year they were granted a new franchise), and the QB that took them there wore a Bills uniform since then.

The QB situation in Buffalo hasn't been pretty for some time, but it has NOT been as bad as it has in Cleveland. And while Taylor may not be a top 10 QB [acknowledges QBR], he's probably at least as good, if not better, than any QB the Browns have trotted out.

I hear you. I don't take message board chats to serious. I love talking about the Bills. I just saw a tweet today saying Tyrod had a rough day. If he's the starter I want nothing less then success for Tyrod. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. I have my doubts but that don't mean much until the season starts.

Players have good days in camp,and bad days, all the time. It's encouraging to hear/see when a player has a good day in camp, but I'm not going to start a thread, proclaiming that all is fine for the season, based off of a Twitter post that states a player looked good.

The same should be the case when they have a bad day ("good" "bad", terms used loosely). It shouldn't lead to doom and gloom threads, unless they're stringing together multiple "bad" days.

Not the biggest Tyrod fan in the world and I think people are completely underestimating how much better Roman's offense was for him than the current one.

But it's the fourth day of training camp. Offense will always struggle early in camp with a new offense.

IMO, the offense that Dennison brings should be better for Taylor than Roman's was, IMO. More rollouts/moving pockets, and a much more diverse passing attack. Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Oh, so you meant, how's the deep ball, how's shady, and we need a great defense and then we're okay?

We should have won the first jets game. Then for the Dolphins games we were trampled by Jay Ajayi. If the defense performed better, we win those 2 games and then we are 10-5 going into the jets game. We definitely would have went in seriously and played well to guarantee our playoff spot.

put a top ten defense on that 2016 team and we sweep the jets and phins and have 11 wins.

Oh, so you meant, how's the deep ball, how's shady, and we need a great defense and then we're okay?

Yup. It's called a team. Both sides of the ball need to play well to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the passing yards, John. It's his command of the game. The turnovers will come down, but you can't "teach" a player to make plays like Winston can. I think Tyrod plays scared -- like he's afraid to make a mistake lest he'll lose his job. Winston doesn't give a f**k -- he's just trying to win.

It's not the passing yards, John. It's his command of the game. The turnovers will come down, but you can't "teach" a player to make plays like Winston can. I think Tyrod plays scared -- like he's afraid to make a mistake lest he'll lose his job. Winston doesn't give a f**k -- he's just trying to win.

Very well said eball.

Gunslingin' it baby!

Good post.

Wentz will show you just how far ahead he is in regards to TT this season...not even a question.

I find it hilarious that this is even a thing.

Really Crusher. It's not even a question that a QB who ranked bottom 5 in passer rating, YPA, and just about every efficiency stat, is going to play better than Tyrod this year. Even for you this is silly.

Two points :

First, camp jitters is a pretty thin reed to start a whole new thread in the Great Tyrod Message Board War. Just say'n......

Second, it's kind of funny to read various accounts from camp and see where individual reporters grab a play or two to make the day's Story. You can really see this where a player's ruling meme isn't yet set. Accounts on Nathan Peterman have been all over the map on a single day's performance. The overall word from camp seems to be the D-Line is playing like a beast, the O-Line not so much. Of course that's typical to a degree early on.

If the guy connected on his passes hitting players in stride he would have more 300 yard games. Has he even passed for 300 in a regular game that didn't go into OT?

Bottom line is that Taylor is not a good enough passer to carry this team to the playoffs.

If Rex had Kirk Cousins do you really think they still run the ball that much. They ran the ball so much because they knew Taylor was limited as a passer. If Rex kept calling run with Cousins he would audible to a pass play, I don't even think Taylor knows what audible means.

Another person apparently unaware that Rex very vocally committed to a heavy run-first offense before Taylor even signed with the Bills.

Edited by grb

Really Crusher. It's not even a question that a QB who ranked bottom 5 in passer rating, YPA, and just about every efficiency stat, is going to play better than Tyrod this year. Even for you this is silly.

What percentage of gm's would take Wentz > Tyrod

90% or lower ?

Based on this description you'd think he was the next Ryan Fitzpatrick or Jay Cutler. The turnovers have to come down. It's very hard to make the playoffs when you turn the ball over that much.

What percentage of gm's would take Wentz > Tyrod

90% or lower ?

NFL GMs are consistently awful at their jobs. I couldn't care less.