Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had given up hope on this deal. So glad it happened.

Boldin will be Taylor's security blanket. The phrase is overused, but Boldin is open when he isn't open. You can throw to him and expect the catch and know it won't be intercepted.

I don't know Holmes but liked what I read about him. And I like what I've been hearing about Jones. Adding Boldin means that the Bills have a really solid receiving corps.

Assuming the receivers and McCoy stay healthy, it'a all on Dennison and Taylor. There's no reason this team should not be able to move the ball. Weapons galore!

Vlad Ducasse

Ryan Davis

Andre Holmes

Steven Hauschka

Patrick DiMarco

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Cut 3 of the above to receive a 3rd round pick for Gilmore. Cut 4 of the above for a 3rd for Gilmore and a 4th for Woods.

I could see 3 of these players being cut, but I don't know about 4.

Vlad Ducasse. With Groy being our top back-up G, and if Jordan Mudge steps up throughout the preseason. Ducasse could easily be cut.

Ryan Davis. Eddie Yarbrough appears to be Davis' main competition. Possibly Max Valles as well. DE depth is thin, and Davis being a veteran helps him, but he's not a lock.

Andre Homes. WR is crowded, and Holmes has been underwhelming in practice. However, his Special Teams play could be the deciding factor for him. I think he will get every chance to make the team. Having Holmes as a 4th option, is not a bad thing.

Steven Hauschka. Reports(from Astro) are he is having a good camp. Competition for K is non-existent. He stays.

Patrick DiMarco. Do the Bills keep 2 FB's or 4 TE's? Mike Tolbert could end up being the starter, but DiMarco is younger and has good experience. I think DiMarco stays.

Jordan Poyer. Poyer is unspectacular, but there isn't much else at the S position. Unless Baccari Rambo has really stepped his game up and proves he can start, Poyer is going nowhere.

Micah Hyde. Please.

Anquan BoldinâVerified account @AnquanBoldin

Season 15.

I highly doubt it was intentional but 81 is Andre Holmes's number. That's pretty funny actually.

Boldin is wearing 81. Holmes has switched to 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kabnt2005

was anyone here here when that was around? Been a while

Over on this side of the wall? Doubt it. I was lurking back then under a different name. Don't think I ever posted.

@mattschneidman

Bills GM Brandon Beane now addressing today's signing of Anquan Boldin.

DGpT-M_XkAAgC5K.jpg

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Anquan Boldin deciding to sign: "This was an important family decision. Had to talk it out w wife and kids."

Beane said report Boldin "backed out" of deal w #Bills was not accurate. Talks were on-going until they got "money where it need to be."

Beane: "Anquan is a move for now, but he's also a move for the future." Calls him a Hall-of-Famer. #Bills

@SalSports

Sounds like Bills like Boldin in the slot. Beane said "he's made a lot of hay over the middle," but that he can also play outside.

So they upped the offer and he signed? Shocking

I think Vic Carucci mis-heard. Brandon Beane's exact words were - "we knew where the money needed to be and we had agreed on that". So I'm not sure where he gets that they has to up their offer.